Mom Saves 5 Children from Fire

southcitymom

Reaction score
Website
www.janicefahy.com
Mom recovering after rescuing children from fire

POSTED: 4:34 a.m. EST, November 19, 2006

NEW YORK (AP) -- A woman was recovering Saturday from skin graft surgery for burns she suffered when she rescued her 4-week-old twin sons and two other children from a fire in their apartment, then went back to save a fifth child.
Firefighters found Nabila Nazli unconscious from smoke inhalation but still cradling 5-year-old daughter Nimrah to protect her from the flames.

More at link:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/19/fire.rescue.ap/index.html

Now why cant we have more stories like this one?? What a wonderful mother.:clap: :clap: :clap: But mostly what you hear is another mother has hurt or killed her child.

cynpat2000 said:
Now why cant we have more stories like this one?? What a wonderful mother.:clap: :clap: :clap: But mostly what you hear is another mother has hurt or killed her child.
It is heartening, because I believe that the vast majority of mothers are like this one. The bad stuff sells BECAUSE it is so aberrant and strange to most of us.

I loved what her son said about "she was just a dull mother, concerned with nutrition and boring stuff like that, and then all of a sudden she saves our lives." That made me smile so big!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back