NY - Diane Odell charged in deaths of 3 newborns, Sullivan Co., 1982-1985

Just how many kids has this woman given birth to? She has 8 surviving and 4 dead? She needed a few lessons in birth control or maybe just in self control!

HOW HORRIBLE IS THIS?? SHE WAS A BABY FACTORY!!!!!! SHE GAVE BIRTH TO 11 CHILDREN!!!!!

Woman convicted of murdering three infants in the 1980s sentenced

MONTICELLO, N.Y. (AP) — A woman convicted of killing three of her newborn children in the 1980s was sentenced to 25 years to life Tuesday, less than a year after their mummified remains were found in a storage shed in Arizona.

Dianne Odell, 50, was convicted of three counts of second-degree murder in December. She told Judge Frank LaBuda on Tuesday that she did not kill the children and cried as she was led out of the courtroom.

The three infants died shortly after their births at Odell's home in Kauneonga Lake, about 80 miles north of New York City.

Authorities say Odell then carried the remains with her for a decade or more, finally leaving them in boxes in a rented storage shed in Safford, Ariz. She was arrested last May after the remains were discovered.

Three of Odell's eight surviving children attended the sentencing with her common-law husband, Robert Sauerstein.

The defense said she delivered the babies without medical help at home because she was scared to tell her mother she was pregnant, arguing they died naturally. But a prosecution expert testified that they were asphyxiated and showed no congenital defects or heart abnormalities.

Odell told police she passed out during delivery and awoke to find the babies dead. She said one baby had a towel partially in its mouth, and another was found under her thigh.

http://www.courttv.com/news/2004/0127/odell_sentenced_ap.html

I posted this story on the former forum.... I am SO GLAD AND GREATFUL that this sick thing is going away. How pitiful that she had her children speak prior to sentence. "you'll be sentencing our whole family"... YES Sweety, I'm sure that's what your 3 DEAD siblings are saying too.

That's exactly what I thought too!! I don't see how they're even going to consider her for release in 25 years. Why not live without??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back