MS - Festus Oguhebe for child abuse, Byram, 2006

ajc2804

Reaction score
JACKSON, Miss. — A college business professor who allegedly punished one of his children by covering the boy with ants and putting pepper juice in his eyes has been sentenced to two years in prison for child abuse.

Hinds County Circuit Judge L. Breland Hilburn sentenced Alcorn State University professor Festus Oguhebe on Monday to five years in prison with three years suspended and two to serve.

Oguhebe, a Byram resident, pleaded no contest in October to one count of child abuse. With a no contest plea, a defendant is not admitting guilt, but is not contesting the charges.

Click here for FOXNews.com's Crime center.

The judge allowed Oguhebe to remain free on bond until Jan. 5.

Oguhebe, a native of Nigeria, was arrested in March 2005 on five counts of felony child abuse, stemming from the bizarre punishment methods he allegedly used on his 11-year-old son.

The punishment included "placing him in a bathtub, then putting hot pepper juice in his eyes, on his penis and buttocks; and also by tying his hands behind his back and covering his body with ants," according to court records.

*more at link*

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=7

ajc2804 said:
JACKSON, Miss. — A college business professor who allegedly punished one of his children by covering the boy with ants and putting pepper juice in his eyes has been sentenced to two years in prison for child abuse.

Hinds County Circuit Judge L. Breland Hilburn sentenced Alcorn State University professor Festus Oguhebe on Monday to five years in prison with three years suspended and two to serve.

Oguhebe, a Byram resident, pleaded no contest in October to one count of child abuse. With a no contest plea, a defendant is not admitting guilt, but is not contesting the charges.

Click here for FOXNews.com's Crime center.

Oguhebe, a native of Nigeria, was arrested in March 2005 on five counts of felony child abuse, stemming from the bizarre punishment methods he allegedly used on his 11-year-old son.

The punishment included "placing him in a bathtub, then putting hot pepper juice in his eyes, on his penis and buttocks; and also by tying his hands behind his back and covering his body with ants," according to court records.

*more at link*

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=7
why oh why??? he was arrested in march of 05---5 counts of felony child abuse- and now 1 1/2 years later is sentenced, then doesn have to begin his sentence until jan--- :doh:

Your link isn't to a news story. Do you still have the link you meant to post handy, ajc2804? Is this the link you meant?

How sick, vile, disgusting!! :mad: :furious:

How could someone do this to a child? Ants and pepper juice? Oh my God! That is unfathomable.
I hope the poor child isn't emotionally scarred for life.

What is wrong with people?

Once again I think that what was done to the child should be done to the person that hurt the child.

Any reason why this 'man' won't be deported after he's served his paltry sentence? :furious: :furious: :furious:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,231039,00.html

EDITED BY DP DUE TO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT

Why? Why? Why? Were do people come up with this torture? Instead of inventing new ways to punish your child, why not spend the same amount of time talking to the child and being together? It took so much energy from this man (for lack of a better word) and it could have been spent otherwise. I am so sad for these children.

Thank goodness the father was found out, tried and convicted! So much of this horrible abuse going on in our world - I shudder to think of what some kids are going through as I type this!

If he was having problems with his kid and could not handle it...WHY DIDN'T HE CALL SOMEONE? Like 911 or his church or even a neighbor before he DECIDED to torture this child? GOOD GRIEF!!! I know kids can be ornry but to TORTURE THEM IS UNTHINKABLE!!! :banghead:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back