WA WA - Reuben Lewis, 20, Everett, 21 Feb 1991

samhoney

Searching for an Answer
Reaction score
Website
findreubenmicahlewis.googlepages.com
I found this case on the doe network in September. It's sort of my "special" case that really drew me in to start volunteering with the group. Here is what the Snohomish County Sheriff's Office has on their missing persons site him:
Reuben Lewis is from the south Everett, Washington, area. He was last seen on the evening of February 22, 1991, as he was about to make a drug transaction at Mallard Cove Apartments located at 12404 Admiralty Way, Everett, WA. Over the past six years no trace of Lewis has been found. At the time of his disappearance he was described as 20 years old, 5' 11" tall, 140 pounds, blue eyes, and long brown hair. He had piercings and a tattoo of a joker with fangs on his left arm. He was also in possession of false identification in the names of Ben Jarvis and Ruben Kinkaid Blue. Anyone with information regarding the disappearance of Lewis is asked to contact Detectives Joe Ward at (425) 388-3848 and Jim Scharf at (425) 388-3841.

http://www1.co.snohomish.wa.us/Departments/Sheriff/Information/Missing_Persons/Reuben_Lewis.htm

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/268dmwa.html

I've scoured google for information about Reuben and any news articles but have found virtually nothing. His family created a website for him but the link no longer works. Fifteen years is such a long time for his poor family to not have answers. Does anyone know about this case? Or have any information on whether or not anyone's ever been prosecuted for his disappearance?

TIA,
Samantha

Is this the right forum for this case? Or does it need to be moved?
waitasec.gif

The most amazing thing happened. Even though I've resigned myself to the reality that I probably won't find evidence to help find Reuben, I still research at night using Google.

So, anyway, I looked at a site for Seattle's large newspaper. They have a section on Washington missing persons. There was a database listed by counties of all unidentified remains. I looked up the ones for Snohomish County, which is where Reuben disappeared. A few results came back but one result just jumped out at me.

A man's leg and another body part were found in a river near Gold Bar, WA. This place is about 20 or so minutes from Everett, WA. Now, by a man's leg, I am assuming it was an actual leg, not a skeleton. The date these were found is 2/28/91...six days after he disappeared.

I emailed all of this to the Snohomish County Medical Examiner and asked him to consider the possibility that maybe that leg was Reuben's. If I don't hear anything back from them in a few weeks, I'm going to send a letter to the two investigators working his case and let them know.

But it *can't* be THAT easy, can it? I would think that those remains have already been tested against Reuben's DNA. Could I be wrong about this? Is there a chance that this is an angle that they've overlooked for the past 15 years??

samhoney said:
. . .But it *can't* be THAT easy, can it? I would think that those remains have already been tested against Reuben's DNA. Could I be wrong about this? Is there a chance that this is an angle that they've overlooked for the past 15 years??
It seems extremely possible that his family never had his DNA entered into the missing persons database and even if they did the leg may not have been run against the database for all we know.

samhoney...nice web site- you do good work.

Unfortunately, Ben was not in a good line of work and therefore probably dealt with some shady folks. Not that he doesn't deserve to be found, but it probably won't be easy to get answers.

Best of luck!

LisainWV said:
samhoney...nice web site- you do good work.

Unfortunately, Ben was not in a good line of work and therefore probably dealt with some shady folks. Not that he doesn't deserve to be found, but it probably won't be easy to get answers.

Best of luck!
Thanks, Lisa! I appreciate what you said about the site. :)

Yeah, I knew going into this cold case that it would be a tough row to hoe. But, I'll keep on trying and hope that one day, someone, somewhere will come forward and solve Ben's case.

The "good" thing about drug dealers (in these cases) is that they don't seem to feel much loyalty to one another. If one can rat out another to save his own a$$, or to get someone else taken out, they'll talk.

Any rewards being offered for info? That might prompt them to get talking.

I have no doubt that something went wrong with this drug deal and he got killed. Sad for such a young guy and his family.

LisainWV said:
Any rewards being offered for info? That might prompt them to get talking.

I have no doubt that something went wrong with this drug deal and he got killed. Sad for such a young guy and his family.
To my knowledge, no, there is no reward. I wish I had the $$, I'd put it up myself. That is how badly I want this case solved.

And I share the "drug deal gone bad" theory, too. Trust me, I have searched high, I have searched low. I have spent sometimes up to four hours at night scouring Google and Snohomish County court records for any evidence that might indicate if anyone was prosecuted for his disappearance. There is *nothing* out there.

I have no idea if this apartment unit has ever been inspected. I would think so. Surely, evidence was taken and secured for future testing.

Was any blood found in this unit? Were statements taken from the occupant? Was Ben's car ever found? I know he had one because public records indicate traffic incidents involving him as the driver. There are four floors for every complex at Mallard Cove apartments...which floor did this deal take place? If it was second floor or higher, did anyone below hear loud bangs, stomping, wrestling, any movement that would stand out as not normal household noise? These are wood-framed buildings so the sound transfer would be noticeable.

Also, this deal took place on a Friday night, which is a big party/drug night for people who are into that kind of thing. I seriously doubt the buyer was sitting home alone waiting for Dallas and Falcon Crest to come on t.v. I am 100% certain that there were other people there. Were these other people responsible for Ben's disappearance? Was this planned all along, to lure him there then rob and eliminate him? Or did it just "happen"?

What kind of drug was Ben selling to these people? I can see a dealer getting killed over hard drugs like crack, meth, heroin, cocaine...I have a harder time believing that he was murdered over weed. Perhaps I'm being naiive(I don't do drugs so I don't know how these deals work) but it makes more sense to me if a dealer is killed over something that packs a punch. I have *so* many questions about this case.

One other angle that I thought about the other night is...could the deal have worked out and everything was fine and something happen to Ben after he left the complex? Public records indicate he didn't have the best driving record in the world. It was February, it was cold and there could have been ice/snow on the roads. Did he get high with these people our drunk then leave to go home and ended up at the bottom of a lake? The Cascade Mountains are right there near Everett. It's a possibility.

Thoughts? :)

Well, the plot thickens. Just when I thought I wouldn't find anything on the net about Reuben other than what is on missing persons' sites, I find this posted on a message board:

Subject: reuben micah lewis
Date: 2/8/04
Message: "We are safe, Reuben. You did not do us wrong. We love you."

Maybe some of you who have learned about these things during the time you've researched/investigated cases can help shed some light on this for me.

How exactly does a drug deal go bad? I have no clue how these deals take place or go down but a bad deal seems to be the end game for the missing young man I'm trying to help find.

Feel free to PM me if you don't want to answer in this thread.

I have no personal experience on "drug deals gone bad," but usually one party is trying to cheat the other - maybe the buyer doesn't have the money or the seller doesn't have all the goods. Probably some folks here who can answer this better than me (not that I'm insinuating that there are druggies here, just read more than me), but this is my idea.

Hmmm, all my drug deals have gone very well so I can't answer either (kidding, just kidding!!) :crazy: It would seem that drug deals go "bad" when there is a large amount of drugs and money involved, but as we all know people have been killed for next to nothing. Anybody know if Ben was more of a "small time" dealer? If so, it would seem that his killer(s) would not be smart enough to get away with murder. However if he was in the big leagues, that's a different story.

How about a MySpace page for Ben? I don't know much about it (yeah, I'm old) but there are several pages there now for the missing. I think that's how the latest lead in the Anna Waters case (here on WS) broke. Just a thought...

I'm going to make a page for him next week on my space. I just finished the website a couple of days ago, so I'm taking a break for now. I will post a link to it when I get it up. :)

I have no information as to whether or not he was small-time or big-time. I do know that he was a known dealer to the Snohomish County Sheriff's Department.

I just put up the beginnings of a MySpace page for Ben. I want to thank the kind souls who suggested publicly and privately to put up a page for him there. I am beginning to feel encouraged by the response here and in other places on the web. I want to thank the people who have participated in this thread...your insight and ideas are very, very appreciated. :)

http://www.myspace.com/reubenlewis

samhoney - I think it's wonderful that you are working so hard to get Ben's case out there. I hope that there is an answer soon. Every life is precious and Ben's family deserves closure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back