Mystery Woman "C"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Doogie

Reaction score
In an effort to put all posts about the new Mystery Woman "C" in one place, I have created a new seperate thread for our research and discussion about her.

Thanks Doogie, this will definately make it easier for me. Are you going to call the number I sent you in a PM yesterday?

Dr. Doogie said:
In an effort to put all posts about the new Mystery Woman "C" in one place, I have created a new seperate thread for our research and discussion about her.
Doogie, can the stuff about her on the other threads be moved, or does it have to stay where it is? If it can't be moved, maybe we can cross-reference or something, at least to the pictures.

I can cut and paste the major posts to here (including the links to the pictures). I will do that this evening.

"As a result of the various MySpace sites that have been posted, we have been contacted by someone who thinks that her acquaintance may be Anna. I can only speak in generalities at this point due to our ongoing investigation, but I can say the following:

1) The woman strongly resembles the age-progression of Anna.

2) The woman's listed birthday is within seven months of Anna's.

3) The woman knows that she is adopted by her step-father, but suspects that her mother is also not her birth-mother. She does not resemble anyone else in her family.

4) She has no memories (or childhood pictures) of five or before.

5) When showed Anna's childhood pictures without an explaination, her reaction was "Where did you get pictures of me as child?"

"A couple of other quick notes:

1) The woman's birth certificate has notable gaps in information that raises the question of its authenticity.
(Actually, it turns out that no birth certificate was officially on file - the incomplete BC was as a replacement for ther non-existant one.)

2) The woman's current picture shows birthmarks on her face that seem to exactly correspond with pictures of Anna as a child and her birthmarks."

"I received a phone call from the intermediary person yesterday. She personally went to the public library and found a birth announcement in their local newspaper from 1967 for the Anna look-alike. The newspaper there or back then did not print the name of the child, only the name of the father or parents. She was told some time ago her fathers first name. The newspaper showed his first name along with a last name that has shown up in the look-alike and her siblings searches.

So we have confirmed that a person with the same name as the father had a baby girl at the time the look-alike was born.
We have a very slim chance that this woman is Anna. We may still consider a DNA on this person since the pros have heavily outweighed the cons..."

"I received a phone call today from the Anna "look-alike". This is the first direct contact that we have had with this woman.

There were a couple of important clarifications and revelations as a result of the phone call. One is that the name of the man who she knows as her birthfather matches the name of the birth announcement that SherlockJr mentioned. This does make it unlikely that this woman is Anna.

However, the other revelation is that the state records bureau where she lives has no record of her birth at all. The birth certificate that contains incomplete information was issued by the state recently because she needed a birth certificate and she did not have all of the details of her birth. It is possible that she was born in a different state than she believes she was and that state would have the records, but this does not fit with anything that she knows about her history. This is very curious and causes me to not dismiss the possibility that she may still be Anna.

One other interesting thing about her name is that her first name is a variation of "Christian" and her middle name is a variation of "Anna". I can think of no logical reason that an abductor would do this purposely, so it probably is nothing more than one more amazing coincidence in a case full of them. However, it is one heck of a coincidence."

Thanks, Doogie, for creating a new thread for C. Here is something I thought of today when reading about the photos, and how C resembles Anna's age progression but we cannot find any young photos of C. Since artists are able to do age progressions, are they also able to do age re-gressions? i.e. take a photo of C and age-regress it to see what she may have looked like when she was younger.

I just wanted to let you all know that I saw C last night and talked with her for a long time. She does not think that she is Anna, however because of her dysfunctional family and upbringing, the similarities between the 2 pictures, and other things in her mind that may not make sense, she is willing to do a DNA to let herself and Annasfamily know for sure. She said "I believe that there is a 1% chance that I am Anna, but poor Annasmom, anyone who could do this to such a loving mom deserves punishment" She actually would love to be Anna, but does not believe that she is. She does not contribute to WS 1. because she does not have a computer, and 2. because she is frightened. She is now having dreams (when she is able to sleep). I do copy some of the posts and give them to her which she appreciates a great deal, so if anyone has anything encouraging to say to C, I will be seeing her agian tonight. We have all taken the time to try and understand how Annasmom and her family feel, I would like to also take the time to understand how C feels with this picture of a missing child being given to her that looks just like herself. C does not know what to think right now, and maybe with our posts we can help her through this trying time as well as Annasmom and family.

Please tell C that I believe she is a very strong and courageous woman. She is also very caring, to want to help out Annasmom in this way.

Even if she is not Anna, I hope that she will someday have all the answers she is looking for and that she will come to terms with her past, whatever that may be.

Yes, thank you Robin and C for putting yourselves out there and helping the investigation. Regardless of the outcome, these turn of events has renewed my hope that someday I may stand face to face with my sister again. I had resigned myself to accepting that she was probably not alive. It is quite remarkable how close we are to a match. If nothing else maybe the forum can learn from the whole sequence of events. There has been a revitalized interest from the authorities - amazing! It also makes those of us in Anna's family think - what would we do if we were reunited with her after all of these years and after she had grown up with her abductors or someone associated with them?

All I can say is love, hope, and support. The love had never wavered, the hope is for a happy life given a new awareness of the past, the support is knowing that family is forever, we are still here and we are still searching.

Annasbro said:
Yes, thank you Robin and C for putting yourselves out there and helping the investigation. Regardless of the outcome, these turn of events has renewed my hope that someday I may stand face to face with my sister again. I had resigned myself to accepting that she was probably not alive. It is quite remarkable how close we are to a match. If nothing else maybe the forum can learn from the whole sequence of events. There has been a revitalized interest from the authorities - amazing! It also makes those of us in Anna's family think - what would we do if we were reunited with her after all of these years and after she had grwon up with her abductors or someone associated with them?

All I can say is love, hope, and support. The love had never wavered, the hope is for a happy life given a new awareness of the past, the support is knowing that family is forever, we are still here and we are still searching.
Now all of you know why I have never once thought of myself as "poor me". Annasbro and his brother are my blessings.

Dr. Doogie said:

So we have confirmed that a person with the same name as the father had a baby girl at the time the look-alike was born.
No, what you have is a birth announcement placed in the paper by the parents/father or kidnappers with the date they wanted to establish her identity. This is NO proof of C's actual date of birth in a hospital or where she was born.

LinasK said:
No, what you have is a birth announcement placed in the paper by the parents/father or kidnappers with the date they wanted to establish her identity. This is NO proof of C's actual date of birth in a hospital or where she was born.
True.

Dr. Doogie said:
That's why I stated on the other thread that I think this birth announcement is a so-what red herring. Anyone could send in the info on the birth announcement, no proof is required. I think it was designed to throw people off C's track and give her the parent's last name. That's all it is an "announcement" not an actual birth certificate that is notarized.

I think C is legit, she didn't come to us, she was found.

LinasK said:
That's why I stated on the other thread that I think this birth announcement is a so-what red herring. Anyone could send in the info on the birth announcement, no proof is required. I think it was designed to throw people off C's track and give her the parent's last name. That's all it is an "announcement" not an actual birth certificate that is notarized.

I think C is legit, she didn't come to us, she was found.
LinasK, you are right, C is legit, she did not ask for her life to be disrupted as it has been, however, the birth announcement is still a BIG question, because it was placed in the paper BEFORE Anna was born. I would find it very hard to believe that Anna's abduction was planned before she was even born.

RobinH said:
LinasK, you are right, C is legit, she did not ask for her life to be disrupted as it has been, however, the birth announcement is still a BIG question, because it was placed in the paper BEFORE Anna was born. I would find it very hard to believe that Anna's abduction was planned before she was even born.
If you knew the two Georges... ANYTHING is possible!

I will say this: the detective is fully aware of the birth announcement, yet is still eager to explore this, so he also is not putting too much stock in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth