Found: a tooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floh

Former Member
Reaction score
Found a tooth days after L.E. left?

Sources say during the clean-up of the murder scene members of Jason Young's family discovered a tooth in the bedroom where Michelle Young was killed by a blow to the head.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=local&id=4811361

oh come on. this is nonsense. what the heck were L.E. doing?

and whose tooth? and does it actually pertain to the case?

more questions. :(

at least we know family members have been in the house. at last we know that. and the family are doing the clean-up? how awful for them. :(

Floh said:
Found a tooth 3 days after L.E. left?

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=local&id=4811361

oh come on. this is nonsense. what the heck were L.E. doing?

and whose tooth? and does it actually pertain to the case?

more qustions. :(

Well at least the investigators are in Brevard today, collecting more prints supposedly. Wonder how many court orders thay had or will have to get to do so.

It says Michelle's family found it while they were in there cleaning up after the crime. That would be awful to have to do. I thought people hired crime scene cleaners to do this?

Charlie boy, what do you think about the Sheriff being in Bravard? Would that be Harrison? Are there mountains around Bravard? Skiing?

Questions, Questions and more Questions. :D I am glad they told us this because that means they're still humping on JY, right?

Weren't you surprised that the LE spokesman admitted they could have overlooked the tooth after 10 days! Surely they will test it, and I hope they don't have to wait for that to come back to make an arrest.

Maybe since the Sheriff is up there he will execute an arrest. Can he do that while out of his jurisdiction?

Scandi

scandi said:
It says Michelle's family found it while they were in there cleaning up after the crime. That would be awful to have to do. I thought people hired crime scene cleaners to do this?

Charlie boy, what do you think about the Sheriff being in Bravard? Would that be Harrison? Are there mountains around Bravard? Skiing?

Questions, Questions and more Questions. :D I am glad they told us this because that means they're still humping on JY, right?

Weren't you surprised that the LE spokesman admitted they could have overlooked the tooth after 10 days! Surely they will test it, and I hope they don't have to wait for that to come back to make an arrest.

Maybe since the Sheriff is up there he will execute an arrest. Can he do that while out of his jurisdiction?

Scandi
Since the Transylvania County Sheriff source told the news reporters about them being there, I'm thinking he would be the one to execute an arrest IF it were to happen and then hand over said person to Wake County.

As for the area, it is rather mountainous - lots of white water rafting in that area...from what I recall driving through there a few years back.

My dream scenario is Michelle fought back so vigorously she knocked the tooth out of the assailant's head and it will nail him/her to buggery! :behindbar

my lesser thoughts are it's a tooth tucked away saved by Michelle from Cassidy for the tooth fairy - but then again, i have no idea at what age babes start losing their first teeth.

Hey, that's where the Sugarloaf Mountains are. They's pretty well known, right?[

Thanks Charlie. I just hope they used the ruse of fingerprinting to go arrest him.

Here's the thing: if L.E. missed a tooth, what else did they miss? :slap:

Floh said:
My dream scenario is Michelle fought back so vigorously she knocked the tooth out of the assailant's head and it will nail him/her to buggery! :behindbar

my lesser thoughts are it's a tooth tucked away saved by Michelle from Cassidy for the tooth fairy - but then again, i have no idea at what age babes start losing their first teeth.

Floh, they usually start around 5 or 6. I doubt it was Cassidy's. I'm thinking it was Michelle's, knocked out in the struggle...the ME would know if she was missing a tooth.

englishleigh said:
Floh, they usually start around 5 or 6. I doubt it was Cassidy's. I'm thinking it was Michelle's, knocked out in the struggle...the ME would know if she was missing a tooth.

Thanks for the info, englishleigh. :)

so when i was 5 or 6 i had a perfect set of teeth. would that be so nowadays. :(

i blame soft welsh water, i do. :(

This is interesting from our link in post #! of this thread:

" . .(11/30/06) - Sources tell Eyewitness News family members of Michelle Young found a tooth on the floor . . .

. . .Sources say during the clean-up of the murder scene members of Jason Young's family discovered a tooth in the bedroom where Michelle Young was killed by a blow to the head. . . ."

I wonder if it was Michelle's family or Jason's family? If it were Jason's family, do you think they would plant a strange tooth where they could never ID the person and therefore hold up an arrest or cause reasonable doubt for a jury? Could be a very clever ploy, although I am not suggesting for sure this family would do anything of the kind.

Just curious why two differing statements here in this link.

Scandi

scandi said:
This is interesting from our link in post #! of this thread:

" . .(11/30/06) - Sources tell Eyewitness News family members of Michelle Young found a tooth on the floor . . .

. . .Sources say during the clean-up of the murder scene members of Jason Young's family discovered a tooth in the bedroom where Michelle Young was killed by a blow to the head. . . ."

I wonder if it was Michelle's family or Jason's family? If it were Jason's family, do you think they would plant a strange tooth where they could never ID the person and therefore hold up an arrest or cause reasonable doubt for a jury? Could be a very clever ploy, although I am not suggesting for sure this family would do anything of the kind.

Just curious why two differing statements here in this link.

Scandi

Well, I quess Michelle's family would include Jason's family and vice versa but one would think they would at least proof read the article before going with it - but then again if the press sources are trying to break the story first - why bother ? Bet there is a mistake in this post...

That CSI team was there for 10 days and didn't find this tooth! I don't this they are anything like the CSI program. They act like it's not very important, I think they are playing it down because know that they missed some important evidence. I don't have much faith in them. She must of been also hit in the face in order to lose a tooth. No wonder there was so much blood.

packerdog said:
That CSI team was there for 10 days and didn't find this tooth! I don't this they are anything like the CSI program. They act like it's not very important, I think they are playing it down because know that they missed some important evidence. I don't have much faith in them. She must of been also hit in the face in order to lose a tooth. No wonder there was so much blood.
If this tooth belongs to Michelle, what exactly do you think it's evidentury value is ? If it is noted in the coroners report, is there really any significance to it not being found?

packerdog said:
I thought the same thing, but then the "rumor" of an open casket....

raisincharlie said:
If this tooth belongs to Michelle, what exactly do you think it's evidentury value is ? If it is noted in the coroners report, is there really any significance to it not being found?
no- i dont thing it is a big deal neccesarily, that the TOOTH wasnt found...I think people are saying, if they didnt notice it, or find it----what else could they have missed, at least that is what I am reading into the posts

raisincharlie said:

I have to wonder if the coroner put in his report that she was missing a tooth. I would assume it was broken off without the root. Wouldn't the coroner tell the crime scene people to look for a tooth? I just think it's sad that a family member found it. I think the defense attorney would have a field day in court over this blunder.

j2mirish said:
no- i dont thing it is a big deal neccesarily, that the TOOTH wasnt found...I think people are saying, if they didnt notice it, or find it----what else could they have missed, at least that is what I am reading into the posts

Exactly! We know how a defense attorney loves to find something to pick apart.

packerdog said:
I have to wonder if the coroner put in his report that she was missing a tooth. I would assume it was broken off without the root. Wouldn't the coroner tell the crime scene people to look for a tooth? I just think it's sad that a family member found it. I think the defense attorney would have a field day in court over this blunder.
I agree, the defense team will have their red herring-but I fail to see any great significance if it is Michelle's tooth. We don't know where it was found, and we don't know if it was from this incident or perhaps she tripped and chipped a tooth on a dresser two months ago. The claim can be made that LE missed something but LE can always agree and say they probably could have found more evidence about the killer as well.

I am sorry a family member found it as well, however I also feel if the family can afford the lawyer retained in this case - they could have hired a professional to tend to this task. Why they would even want to attempt it themselves absolutely blows my mind. Sorry, to me that seems perverse as well as being an unhealthy thing to do.

raisincharlie said:
I agree, the defense team will have their red herring-but I fail to see any great significance if it is Michelle's tooth. We don't know where it was found, and we don't know if it was from this incident or perhaps she tripped and chipped a tooth on a dresser two months ago. The claim can be made that LE missed something but LE can always agree and say they probably could have found more evidence about the killer as well.

I am sorry a family member found it as well, however I also feel if the family can afford the lawyer retained in this case - they could have hired a professional to tend to this task. Why they would even want to attempt it themselves absolutely blows my mind. Sorry, to me that seems perverse as well as being an unhealthy thing to do.
but which family? as you posted earlier, one report says hers---one report say his --LOL

I know I couldnt do it-:snooty:

As unhealthy as this sounds, there are many families who clean up after violent crimes in the homes. It allows them the feeling of being closer to their departed loved one and in some ways it has a theraputic effect and is drawn in as part of the 'death is final' process in understanding that their loved one is in fact gone. It also allows them to 'see' for themselves what their loved one had to endure at the time of death, just as we sitting here are curious of the crime scene and what we would see if we could go inside the house.

It is a sad process, horrifying, and macabre but it allows the faily 'finality' and 'acceptance'.

If the tooth was missing due to the crime then the ME would have reported it to LE and investigators. It may have jsut been a case of it being contained within the pool of congealed blood, and in this case possibly brain matter...or if the floor is carpetted, it may have been embedded in the fibres. It would certainly not be the first time that something small has been inadvertantly overlooked and whatever DNA could come from the tooth can just as easily be obtained from Michelle's mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304