A Big Gator’s Got Me”

Beyond Belief

Reaction score
You can listen to the 911 call.
Carlos Mayid, who lives near Lake Parker, works late and heard from inside his home the shouts of Adrian Apgar, the Polk City man attacked by an alligator and severely injured early Wednesday morning.

He then dialed 911 and held an ongoing five-minute conversation with a Polk dispatcher and Apgar, which was recorded in a remarkable 911 tape released Wednesday by the Polk sheriff’s office.
http://news.tboblogs.com/index.php/news/C450/

LAKELAND -- A man attacked by an alligator after smoking crack near a Polk County lake remained hospitalized this morning.

His family declined to allow Lakeland Regional Medical Center to release the condition of Adrian Apgar, 45, who was pulled from an alligator's jaws Wednesday morning by Polk deputies. The Sheriff's Office said Wednesday that Apgar suffered a broken arm, a nearly severed arm, significant trauma to his buttocks and leg and was critically injured.

http://ad.doubleclick.net/jump/trb....ndosentinelcom;sz=300x250;tile=2;ord=56783238
"We don't know whether he'll make it or not," Polk Sheriff Grady Judd said on Wednesday.

Meanwhile, the alligator suspected of the attack was euthanized and there is no plan for a necropsy, because Apgar is not missing any body parts, a state game and wildlife official said this morning.

The incident occurred Wednesday morning, when Deputy Billy Osborne was called to the scene by neighbors. When he arrived, he heard Apgar's cries for help but couldn't see him through the thick brush and pre-dawn darkness.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/southwest/orl-bk-alligator11302006,0,5231541.story?coll=orl-home-headlines

The guy admitted smoking crack cocaine beforehand and they found him nude in the lake- guessing his Apgar scores weren't too high!(bad pun intended- his last name is Apgar)

southcitymom said:
High on crack and winds up attacked by a gator...what a buzz kill!:crazy:
Yeah, but if I was going to get attacked by a gator, I guess I'd like the option of getting high on crack first... :croc:

;)

LinasK said:
The guy admitted smoking crack cocaine beforehand and they found him nude in the lake- guessing his Apgar scores weren't too high!(bad pun intended- his last name is Apgar)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
I got that one!

That's what I want for Christmas! I want a crackhead eating gator!

I want it NOW!

And a pedophile gator, too.

Do I have to keep them on a leash when I let them out?

wow what an idiot--there was a similar case here years ago but in that case the guy was drunk and he jumped in the water because he wanted to wrestle a gator--he found one or rather the gator found him and they started to wrestle--guess who won?---the guy was buried the next day or what was left of him

Peter Hamilton said:
wow what an idiot--there was a similar case here years ago but in that case the guy was drunk and he jumped in the water because he wanted to wrestle a gator--he found one or rather the gator found him and they started to wrestle--guess who won?---the guy was buried the next day or what was left of him
That blows the theory everyone talks about around here. (Redneck central) They say if you happen to find yourself in the position of getting rid of a body, give it to the alligators because they don't leave anything behind. Now I have to come up with another plan, you know, just in case I find myself in that situation.

GlitchWizard said:
That's what I want for Christmas! I want a crackhead eating gator!

I want it NOW!

And a pedophile gator, too.

Do I have to keep them on a leash when I let them out?
Brilliant!

SpongeBathHotPants said:
couldn't help it....:croc::croc::croc:
I *so* did hope someone would do that!

You know - if it were Steve Erwin instead of a crack head, you'd be toast on here with some of these members. ;-)

If he doesn't make it, I think we can nominate him for a Darwin award...Hey you!...outta the gene pool! :slap:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back