Gwyneth Paltrow- Smarter & More Civilized than Americans

IdahoMom

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
"The British are much more intelligent and civilized than the Americans."

"I love the English lifestyle, it's not as capitalistic as America. People don't talk about work and money, they talk about interesting things at dinner," she told "NS," the weekend magazine supplement of daily Portuguese newspaper Diario de Noticias on Saturday.

SGE.ROG35.021206161849.photo00.quicklook.default-187x245.jpg
"I like living here because I don't fit into the bad side of American psychology. The British are much more intelligent and civilized than the Americans," the 34-year-old added.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/12/02/061202162419.xtnkgaet.html

This lady has bitten the hand that feeds her too many times, imo. Even if she thinks it, she shouldn't say it, imo. :eek:

Like shes such a smartie. Where would she be if she didn't have famous parents or an acting carrer? I am so tired of the idea that Americans are stupid and not up to par with other. I am sure there are dumb people in England, just like here. Well I know there are morons in England b/c Madonna lives there. i don't even think she is that pretty so there:snooty: .

IdahoMom said:
"The British are much more intelligent and civilized than the Americans."

"I love the English lifestyle, it's not as capitalistic as America. People don't talk about work and money, they talk about interesting things at dinner," she told "NS," the weekend magazine supplement of daily Portuguese newspaper Diario de Noticias on Saturday.

SGE.ROG35.021206161849.photo00.quicklook.default-187x245.jpg
"I like living here because I don't fit into the bad side of American psychology. The British are much more intelligent and civilized than the Americans," the 34-year-old added.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/12/02/061202162419.xtnkgaet.html

This lady has bitten the hand that feeds her too many times, imo. Even if she thinks it, she shouldn't say it, imo. :eek:

Well, "Shakespeare in Love", descends from the British I guess. Obviously she chooses not to live here anymore and she married an Australian, so I guess that's the way it goes.

I think she's very intelligent and a good actress; is "apple" British, he he; and she has the right to prefer Brits over Americans I guess. I'm sure she's rich enough now that if no one goes to her movies in the future it wouldn't hurt her.

Shame, shame, shame to bash Americans now. (I say this with tongue firmly in cheek)

When I go out Holiday shopping lately; trying to keep things simple and figure out the "real meaning of Christmas", which I've been trying to figure out for at least 40 years now; I have some of her same thoughts exactly.

Alot of Americans' psychology does need to be "cleaned up", as evidenced by icons such as Paris Hilton and Lyndsay Lohan.

I much prefer the serenity of Gwyneth Paltrow, with her firmness about her family and taking care of her children. Hopefully she won't get a divorce like the others.

You know I read this the other day on the IMBD website where it list movies people have done and all that and I thought to myself that she sounded very snooty saying all those things. I have always liked her but that left a bad taste in my mouth. JMO

It is who you associate with, not so much where. I am sure there are plenty of Brits to equal out the distribution of lacking personalties. I am sure living in Europe is very stimulating if you grew up in the states.

It doesn't offend me where she wants to live, just that she called us dumb and unsophisticated in one fell swoop. Should she include herself in that generalization? She is an American.

There is no difference in intelligence between the British and Americans, only slight cultural differences, i get the feeling that Gwyneth Paltrow probably meets more intelligent people than her every minute of every day judging by the stereotypes that she is buying into, i imagine that she has probably never even spent any time with the average British person, or the average American person for that matter, and believe me when i tell you that most of the UK thinks that Chris Martin is a veggie eating, sandle wearing hippy, and that she is a cut rate actress who needs to put on a few pounds.

I have never met an American person that has talked about money at dinner, and i have met more stupid Britons than you could count on your fingers and toes.

It's a has-been actress trying to gain attention for herself, she's probably got a film coming out or something :)

I wonder if she is going to start speaking in a faux British accent also, just like Madonna did. LOL.

I've never been to England; so I don't know, but I doubt they're more intelligent as a whole than Americans. They might be somewhat more "civilized", better manners, etc.

I really have no idea; to me we have all kinds in America.

I still don't see how we can hold up Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, and others as good Americans, even tho they may be "quiet" about their views. They probably don't even know who's President, and I doubt they say much, "please or thank you".

julianne said:
I wonder if she is going to start speaking in a faux British accent also, just like Madonna did. LOL.

If her Faux English accent is laughable, you should hear the faux Scottish one she's cultivating at the moment :eek: :D

Theres been a TV programme on here called Asbo teen to beauty queen, Paltrow should take a look at that and then try to say that the British are more intelligent and civilised than Americans :)

Marthatex said:
I've never been to England; so I don't know, but I doubt they're more intelligent as a whole than Americans. They might be somewhat more "civilized", better manners, etc.

I really have no idea; to me we have all kinds in America.

I still don't see how we can hold up Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, and others as good Americans, even tho they may be "quiet" about their views. They probably don't even know who's President, and I doubt they say much, "please or thank you".

You really can't generalise about Britons, just as you can't generalise about Americans. anyone here know what 'Chavs' are?

http://www.chavscum.co.uk/

Chavs, Hoodies, Neds, Townies, Kevs, Charvers, Steeks, Spides, Bazzas, Yarcos, Ratboys, Skangers, Scutters, Janners, Stigs, Scallies, Hood Rats, whatever you know them as, this site is about them, Britain's peasant underclass that are taking over our towns and cities!

don't forget to check out ASBO WATCH!

umm - nice.

i speak as a transplanted Briton. i think Gwyneth Paltrow needs to get out more to discover Britons outside her rarified circle! :slap:

She has been making pretentious comments for years now and it is really off-putting. She really pissed people off in her Tribeca neighborhood in NYC a few years ago when she refused to obey the parking laws and would park on the sidewalk.

I absolutely loved her in Emma and Sliding Doors.

The first thing that pops into my head about GP is that God-awful pink dress she wore to the Oscars the year she won. I saw a bunch of fashion folks praised it, but I thought it looked like it'd been dyed with Pepto Bismol and that it didn't fit her at all. She needed at least a hint of boobage for that.

reportertype said:
The first thing that pops into my head about GP is that God-awful pink dress she wore to the Oscars the year she won. I saw a bunch of fashion folks praised it, but I thought it looked like it'd been dyed with Pepto Bismol and that it didn't fit her at all. She needed at least a hint of boobage for that.
Oh my Gosh that was so UGLY. I could NOT believe she wore that.

lindsay said:
If her Faux English accent is laughable, you should hear the faux Scottish one she's cultivating at the moment :eek: :D
The very thought just made my ears cramp in fright!

reportertype said:
As long as I live, I will never understand why anyone let her wear that dress. It was even funnier when one of the South Park writers wore it as a spoof the next year....looked better on him than GP.

There are idiots all over the world, American does not have exclusive rights on stupidity. Stuff like that galls me. Like Sienna Miller and her sh**sburg comment. I am sure there are nasty places in England too, just like all over the world. You will always find no matter where you go, a hodgepodge mix of all types.

Oh yes, because being on several magazine covers and talking about who's name is on the label of your couture or which exclusive salon/spa has done your hair and make-up has nothing to do with money :banghead:

Yeah, I sure wish I could have dinner with such stimulating conversationalists as her dinner guests.

Celebrities are so out of touch with reality. i think the are on a completly different plane of existense that us "normies".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back