Motive- If JY killed her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jodibug

Reaction score
What do you think the motive is?

Scott killed Laci because he didn't want to be tied down with a baby.

Mark killed Lori because she would have exposed his lies.

We don't know much about the finances in this case, and the rumors of a GF in Florida are..... only rumors.

I know it is really early to speculate, but what would his motive be?

i think it's going to be along the same lines of Laci Peterson...i also think we're going to find out that the Young's were in debt...at least enough that it bothered JY - especially with another child on the way - .......a million dollar life insurance policy (if it's true) can sure be an 'incentive'.....IMO

I think he felt trapped into marriage and was wanting an out.

Masissy said:

I believe you are right. If I read correctly Jason and Michelle dated 5 years and only married when she became pregnant with Cassidy. Again, it seems his plans were different if the report of he and another guy buying a house together is true. Working on investment strategy without your fiancee/spouse...not that it creates a murder but it doesn't seem Jason had included Michelle in too much.

It seems to me that Michelle was more convenient for him before she became pregnant.

close_enough said:
.......a million dollar life insurance policy (if it's true) can sure be an 'incentive'.....IMO

I hadn't heard that before. I guess it would take a large insurance policy, otherwise, he'd be getting rid of his meal ticket. (IMO)

I know he had only been at his current job for 3 mos. Was he unemployed, under-employed or what before that? Did he have trouble holding a job? Does anyone know his employment history?

Masissy said:

Do you think he intended to raise Cassidy alone? Or would he expect his mother to step in and take care of her?

I wonder if she had talked of becoming a SAHM after their second child was born? Otherwise, it certainly seems like she was able to support herself and probably her children also.

I know that for some moms, as the children begin to multiply, they look at childcare costs and decide that working would no longer be worth it.

Maybe JY felt that MY was "nagging" him about getting a "better" or "real" job?

I wish LE or some of their friends would start speaking out (without jeopardizing the case, of course!) so that we had a better idea of what was going on!

Pure speculation here! I agree the pregnancy pushed him into a marriage and don't think he was ready. He loved Michelle, but might also have had a deeper reason for wanting somethng else in his life. His friends have posted he was a late bloomer, saying he was unfaithful and one account I read said he was almost unfaithful - whatever that means.

Another baby was the loast thing he needed, and if she did get preggers w/in 2 weeks after losing the other little boy after the accident, it was not on purpose I believe. One hot moment and she was with child again.

Lots of motive I think. The million dollar policy was not a factor, as he had to know he would be suspect and all of his garbage would be dragged out into the open and that would take years maybe. I think they had decided to seperate as he supposedly had his luggage with him when he left, and her words burned into his mind, making him feel like an ant on the ground, and he just went in and did it, with maybe only days or hours to formulate a plan to be rid of her forever!

I did read a poster, friend supposedly write we would be amazed when we learned about Jason!

Scandi

Jodibug said:
Do you think he intended to raise Cassidy alone? Or would he expect his mother to step in and take care of her?
Good question. Maybe he felt if he killed Cassidy he would be caught. Another thought is he actually loved her and couldn't bring himself to commit the crime, therefore letting her live. I don't think he loved Michelle, imo. As far as taking care of Cassidy, I do see the grandparents stepping in.

It doesn't seem to take much of a motive for these guys to kill their wives. I think most of them seem to be very dependant on these women (JY, Entwistle, Hacking, Peterson) and then when it comes to the point where they are going to have to step up to the plate, they aren't capable.

There must be some deep seeded anger towards their wives or women in general for them to actually commit murder.

In this case, if JY & MY were splitting JY would have been the bigger loser imo. Cassidy was not a threat to him and I have no reason to believe he does not love her. If he did do this - to get rid of Michelle and get that insurance money would be a picture perfect situation for him. At the same time, I believe he would have had a lot of resentment towards Michelle and that is why it was such a violent murder.

jilly said:
It doesn't seem to take much of a motive for these guys to kill their wives. I think most of them seem to be very dependant on these women (JY, Entwistle, Hacking, Peterson) and then when it comes to the point where they are going to have to step up to the plate, they aren't capable.

There must be some deep seeded anger towards their wives or women in general for them to actually commit murder.
In this case, if JY & MY were splitting JY would have been the bigger loser imo. Cassidy was not a threat to him and I have no reason to believe he does not love her. If he did do this - to get rid of Michelle and get that insurance money would be a picture perfect situation for him. At the same time, I believe he would have had a lot of resentment towards Michelle and that is why it was such a violent murder.

i agree jilly....1 million dollars would be a nice little start for him as a single person....even with one child...

i read on another board that some folks think there's no way that he could have THAT much anger/rage, & no one notice it.....heck, there's lots of folks 'out there' full of hatred/rage on the inside, that NO ONE ever sees on the outside....

close_enough said:
i read on another board that some folks think there's no way that he could have THAT much anger/rage, & no one notice it.....heck, there's lots of folks 'out there' full of hatred/rage on the inside, that NO ONE ever sees on the outside....

Yeah right - same ole where have we heard that before, hey? Thing is these guys usually make an effort to portray themselves as something they're not. Like living with a time bomb!

In this case, however, I have a feeling Michelle's mother knows a lot about this guy. I hope so anyways.

close_enough said:
i agree jilly....1 million dollars would be a nice little start for him as a single person....even with one child...

Obviously those folks did not follow the Vitale case. That 16 year old had rage from head to toe, expressed in his artwork which his mother ignored and a teacher praised him for. His friends and family thought he darn near walked on water. People don't look even when it stares them in the face... its easier to find an excuse. JMO

What really bothers me is that these idiots who kill their wives apparently don't want the "hassle" or "stigma" of a divorce - what/ their family members and friends are going to thirk they are a bad guy for wanting out of a marriage? - but they are willing to become a MURDERER?!?

It just doesn't even make sense, and yet most of these guys - both Peteresons, Hacking, etc. - were apparently not stupid.

I just don't get it.

They're selfish cowards, IMO, AlwaysShocked.

As close hinted: one million is a fair sized carrot.
Gaining the house, contents, child-custody and no future alimony with TWO children, not just one, are a few more carrots.
Perhaps he did have a secret romantic bug or love interest?
Maybe he was also just "plum not in love" with MY; couldn't keep up the charade.
Could he have been a shrinking violet under Michelle's apparent dazzle?
Did MY discover something sinister?
Did MY 'fall out of love' and he retaliated??

Sharon Rocha's voice rings true everytime: DIVORCE IS ALWAYS AN OPTION!

Hi everyone! :) Speaking of this insurance policy, I have a couple of questions:

1. Is there a waiting period before a payout?
2. JY hasn't been named a suspect other than on the application for fingerprints etc., but if he was a suspect would the insurance company hold onto the money until he was cleared?

If he's charged, I know that would be a different story but just wondering how they go about this in it's present state.

PolkSaladAnnie said:
They're selfish cowards, IMO, AlwaysShocked.

As close hinted: one million is a fair sized carrot.
Gaining the house, contents, child-custody and no future alimony with TWO children, not just one, are a few more carrots.
Perhaps he did have a secret romantic bug or love interest?
Maybe he was also just "plum not in love" with MY; couldn't keep up the charade.
Could he have been a shrinking violet under Michelle's apparent dazzle?
Did MY discover something sinister?
Did MY 'fall out of love' and he retaliated??

Sharon Rocha's voice rings true everytime: DIVORCE IS ALWAYS AN OPTION!

LOL do you think that has occured to that slug SP yet?
Think they are smart enough to come up with their murderous plans but not smart enough to figure out what will happen to them when they get caught. I just wish they would throw them in general population let them look over their shoulder everyday!:mad:

jilly said:
Hi everyone! :) Speaking of this insurance policy, I have a couple of questions:

1. Is there a waiting period before a payout?
2. JY hasn't been named a suspect other than on the application for fingerprints etc., but if he was a suspect would the insurance company hold onto the money until he was cleared?

If he's charged, I know that would be a different story but just wondering how they go about this in it's present state.
I don't know how long the waiting period would be but because she was murdered they will delay paying it out I would think until there was an arrest. If they arrest Jason it wont get paid out until there is a verdict. Question is how long do they wait if there is no arrest? God forbid.

FactsareFacts said:
LOL do you think that has occured to that slug SP yet? Think they are smart enough to come up with their murderous plans but not smart enough to figure out what will happen to them when they get caught. I just wish they would throw them in general population let them look over their shoulder everyday!:mad:

Hi FaF... NO ... lol ... nothing penetrates in that sicko's skull - maybe he's concerned about not having a few cellphones - but other than that, he's living off the meagre morsels of ignorant 'attention' that some DR fans have a penchant to engage in!

These monsters are always protected - even when convicted. Sounds macabre, but heck - I always think of the victims. No protection, no rights, no help, no voice to say "HE did this to me!"

Karma karma karma chameeee-lion ... they come and go -- oh oHHHH! And karma comes back. God's at least good enough to ensure that happens! If I have a faith in this planet, it's karma (helps settles me nerves and negates tranquilizers, lol.... just karma (and patience which does eat me up, lol).

PolkSaladAnnie said:
Karma karma karma chameeee-lion ... they come and go -- oh oHHHH! And karma comes back. God's at least good enough to ensure that happens! If I have a faith in this planet, it's karma (helps settles me nerves and negates tranquilizers, lol.... just karma (and patience which does eat me up, lol).

You're absolutely right about that Annie! Even if this murderer is not caught his life will from now on go down hill. I've seen it happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member