WA - Serial killer Robert Yates on Death Row

Bobbisangel

Reaction score
I saw on a ticker on CTV that Robert Yates...Green River Serial killer...is asking the Supreme Court to drop the death penalty because he was given the death penalty over two of the women that he murdered. His reasoning...there have been worse killers then him that haven't received the death penalty!!!!

Does this monsters memory fail him or what...didn't he actually murder around 35-40 women? Worse killers then him??? How does he figure! I honestly couldn't believe what I was reading. I thought "this guy has got balls!"

Why is it that these guys think nothing of taking life after life after life but when it comes to them dying they will fight to the very end to live!

Bobbi's Angel,

Robert Yates isn't the Green River killer, Gary Ridgway is. Yates is the Spokane, WA serial killer. When did Yates get the death penalty, I thought he pled out and got over 400 years in the state pen?

2sisters said:

Thank you for posting the article. I always get Robert Yates and Gary Ridgeway mixed up for some reason. They both deserved the death penalty! We will have to wait and see what the Supreme Court has to say about dropping the death penalty. I sure hope that they don't do that. He murdered a lot of women just because he enjoyed killing them...and then would have sex with them after they were dead...what a monster.

the original tez said:
Bobbi's Angel,

Robert Yates isn't the Green River killer, Gary Ridgway is. Yates is the Spokane, WA serial killer. When did Yates get the death penalty, I thought he pled out and got over 400 years in the state pen?
Yates pled out for the Spokane crimes, but he had a couple in Western Washington - different jurisdiction. He got the death penalty for those. Now his argument is that Ridgeway didn't get the death penalty, so neither should he. I think they should give him as much sympathy as they did his victims - none.

Bobbisangel said:
I saw on a ticker on CTV that Robert Yates...Green River Serial killer...is asking the Supreme Court to drop the death penalty because he was given the death penalty over two of the women that he murdered. His reasoning...there have been worse killers then him that haven't received the death penalty!!!!
There are also guys on death row who are innocent. There are some there for just being there when someone ELSE killed someone, but if you're there, you're charged too. While I disagree with how the death penalty is applied, I still think his arguement is grandly stupid.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back