Terror attack thwarted

Karole28

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
A 22-year-old Chicago man has been charged with plotting a terrorist attack on a Rockford suburban mall. The suspect is accused of planning to use guns and explosives during the holiday shopping season. The suspect is described as an unaffiliated 'lone wolf-style terrorist'. A press conference is forthcoming... Developing...

More to come as it develops.

That's my hometown where I was born and raised. I'll follow this.

Hey guess what?? The "terrorist" isn't a Bhuddist! Who knew?

DECEMBER 8—An Illinois man plotted to set off hand grenades at shopping malls in a holiday season terror campaign that was thwarted by federal investigators. According to an FBI affidavit, Derrick Shareef, 22, told a confidential source that he wanted to “commit violent acts of jihad,” and spoke of killing judges and blowing up public buildings. A copy of the affidavit can be found below. Shareef told the snitch that he sought “to disrupt Christmas,” adding that, “I swear by Allah man, I’m down for it too, I’m down for the cause, I’m down to live for the cause and die for the cause, man.” The document does not further describe the supposed cause of Shareef, who was named today in a federal felony complaint. Shareef is quoted telling the FBI source, “I probably would have eventually ended up stabbing the *advertiser censored* outta some Jews or something. Just stabbing them *advertiser censored* with a steak knife...Because during that war with Hezbollah, man, I had already started to look at synagogues out here...”

Click Smoking Gun affidavit

lymom3 said:
That's my hometown where I was born and raised. I'll follow this.

Gidget### lives just down the road in Belvidere.

My sister-in-law and her family live within walking distance of that mall.

Karole28 said:
Shareef is quoted telling the FBI source, “I probably would have eventually ended up stabbing the *advertiser censored* outta some Jews or something. Just stabbing them *advertiser censored* with a steak knife...Because during that war with Hezbollah, man, I had already started to look at synagogues out here...”

It occurs to me that this wonderful young man may have been hanging out with Kramer and Mel lately!

:eek:

Karole28 said:
It occurs to me that this wonderful young man may have been hanging out with Kramer and Mel lately!

:eek:

All kidding aside, we may never know how much he was emboldened by Mr. Gibson's ranting. (That is not to say Gibson should be legally liable for this guy's crime. But Gibson ought to be thinking about the moral consequences of his actions.)

This sounds like a lone "nutcase" full of hate against a group or groups of people.

I've often thought that a mall will be the next target of some kind of attack; and I wish there were more security procedures in malls.

I'm glad the FBI was on to him; I take it it was from a witness, and not from surrveillance of phone lines, etc.

Marthatex said:
This sounds like a lone "nutcase" full of hate against a group or groups of people.

I've often thought that a mall will be the next target of some kind of attack; and I wish there were more security procedures in malls.

I'm glad the FBI was on to him; I take it it was from a witness, and not from surrveillance of phone lines, etc.

SIL advises the high was 10 degrees there yesterday. That could make a lot of people homicidal.

Sounds like pure nutcase - anti-everyone else than himself. Probably became a muslim to endorse his hatred of others, identifying with the terrorists.

It doesn't say, but I'd bet his 'aquaintance' was muslim as well - because I don't see this guy having any friends who don't 100% agree with him - and he's the one who immediately turned this guy in to the FBI.

Details said:
Sounds like pure nutcase - anti-everyone else than himself. Probably became a muslim to endorse his hatred of others, identifying with the terrorists.

It doesn't say, but I'd bet his 'aquaintance' was muslim as well - because I don't see this guy having any friends who don't 100% agree with him - and he's the one who immediately turned this guy in to the FBI.

Right. And, we can expect public condemnation of this "lone nutcase" performing jihad in the name of allah, from the local Mosques, exactly.....never.

Google the name "Nuradin M. Abdi". This isn't the first time this has happened.

But, you will hear something soon from CAIR on the dreaded backlash against all muslims over this. They'll release a statement wringing their hands over how this will affect THEM.

Just wait for it.

Karole28 said:
Right. And, we can expect public condemnation of this "lone nutcase" performing jihad in the name of allah, from the local Mosques, exactly.....never.

Google the name "Nuradin M. Abdi". This isn't the first time this has happened.

But, you will hear something soon from CAIR on the dreaded backlash against all muslims over this. They'll release a statement wringing their hands over how this will affect THEM.

Just wait for it.
Actually, what I can expect, just like before, is near zero coverage of the condemnation from the local mosques - there have been, and continue to be plenty of such statements from muslims, and they quite simply do not get covered. But one muslim makes an extremist statement, and it's covered everywhere.

Yeah, there's reason to be very aware of what muslim extremists are saying - but it's not right to say there are no condemnations from moderate muslims - there are plenty - they just aren't covered hardly at all.

Details said:
Yeah, there's reason to be very aware of what muslim extremists are saying - but it's not right to say there are no condemnations from moderate muslims - there are plenty - they just aren't covered hardly at all.

Then, how do you know about them, and where can I get this news of which you speak?

Unless you're talking about this guy, who was banned from his mosque and had his life threatened for daring to speak out against terrorism:

Click

Karole28 said:
Then, how do you know about them, and where can I get this news of which you speak?
Links have been posted here, and on a search, you can sometimes find some local media with the mosques or other muslim leader's statement. Have you heard about the fatwa issued against Osama Bin Laden? If not - wonder why not? How do we know about this guy? His friend turned him in - immediately. Any question that that friend was also a muslim? And one he thought would agree with him?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/03/11/madrid.anniversary/index.html
http://www.islamfortoday.com/terrorism.htm
Memo to Osama bin Laden:
"I would rather live in America under Ashcroft and Bush at their worst, than in any “Islamic state” established by ignorant, intolerant and murderous punks like you and Mullah Omar at their best."
A thought-provoking, controversial, pre-war article by Muqtedar Khan, Ph.D., February 12, 2003
Muslims march against terrorism: http://youtube.com/watch?v=il_0OPqnbDY&mode=related&search=
http://www.islamfortoday.com/antiterrorrally.htm

To find out about this case - it'll take some searching, or try the mosque's own web site if they have one, any condemnation should at least be there - if they have a site. The story has barely been issued, it's hard to find online (a search with the guy's name only yielded me one relevant link with very little information, since the search engines take time to find stories), so any statements from the mosque probably aren't up yet.

Marthatex said:

You mean you hope it wasn't from the Patriot act, right? It may very well have been from surveillance, which is fine with me, so long as they stop the attacks.

Dark Knight said:
You mean you hope it wasn't from the Patriot act, right? It may very well have been from surveillance, which is fine with me, so long as they stop the attacks.
The msnbc article says this guy confided in a friend, and that friend told the FBI.

Details said:
Links have been posted here, and on a search, you can sometimes find some local media with the mosques or other muslim leader's statement.

Not surprisingly, according to IslamForToday's own website (near bottom)

Islam For Today has only three photos like this...
And sadly umpteen like this...

============

You should not have to comb the net to find these. They should be everywhere, and current, the newest quote I could find was from 2003.

I can point you to literally hundreds of pictures of different anti-Jewish demonstrations, pro-Hezballah and Hamas rallies, in our own country; to nullify this weak and sad representation.

Moderates are never as vocal, nor as well covered, nor do they hold demonstrations much like extremists do. To test that - just look at how much coverage Fred Phelps gets, versus just about all other christian groups without such an agenda.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ruu
Back