GUILTY NC - Julie Bowling, 45, found murdered, Rocky Mount, 8 Dec 2006

SewingDeb

"Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
Reaction score
Rocky Mount Man, Lover Arrested In Wife's Death

ROCKY MOUNT, N.C. -- A Rocky Mount man and his alleged girlfriend were arrested Saturday in connection with the shooting death of his wife.

Mark Bowling, 35, and Rose Parker Vincent, 27, of Middlesex, were charged with first-degree murder in connection with the death of 45-year-old Julie Bowling, who was found dead inside the garage of the Bowlings' home Friday morning.

According to investigators with the Nash County Sheriff's Department and the State Bureau of Investigation, Mark Bowling and Vincent were found to be involved in a romantic relationship. Investigators said that the affair might have been a possible motive for the alleged homicide. The firearm believed to be the weapon used in the shooting was also recovered, said authorities.

After Julie Bowling's body was found on Friday, family members said Mark Bowling was in Florida on a fishing trip. He arrived at the Rocky Mount Sheriff's Department Friday afternoon and was questioned by investigators.

Both Mark Bowling and Vincent were placed in the Nash County Jail without bond. Their first court appearance was scheduled on Tuesday.

Do you have any links to this story please?

Wow, yet another guy who supposedly went fishing when his wife happens to turn up dead.

Pathetic.

I am glad LE nabbed him, and quite quickly!!

Why didn't this idiot just get a divorce? There were no children. So, they could have made a clean break. I guess we'll find out how much insurance this guy had on his wife. :rolleyes:

nanandjim said:
Why didn't this idiot just get a divorce? There were no children. So, they could have made a clean break. I guess we'll find out how much insurance this guy had on his wife. :rolleyes:

It seems to be the going thing. Bet the insurance policy is huge. A poster on About.com's Crime and Punishment forum says she heard on the news that it was the girlfriend who actually pulled the trigger.

SewingDeb said:
It seems to be the going thing. Bet the insurance policy is huge. A poster on About.com's Crime and Punishment forum says she heard on the news that it was the girlfriend who actually pulled the trigger.
It will be interesting to find out who really pulled the trigger. I guess that I still don't think that many women are this ruthless and cruel. It's hard to say, though.

nanandjim said:
It will be interesting to find out who really pulled the trigger. I guess that I still don't think that many women are this ruthless and cruel. It's hard to say, though.

I would like to think they are not. There's no telling what this guy has led the mistress to believe about the wife though. They do like to exagerate the wife's bad qualities and make themselves look like the victims in a bad marriage.

The husband (and deceased wife) owned and operated a funeral home in the area. Very well respected supposedly. Apparently the wife had recently received a large inheritance after a parent's passing. I guess that explains why the husband didn't go for the divorce....

wufdude said:
The husband (and deceased wife) owned and operated a funeral home in the area. Very well respected supposedly. Apparently the wife had recently received a large inheritance after a parent's passing. I guess that explains why the husband didn't go for the divorce....

Very interesting, Wufdude.

wufdude said:
...Apparently the wife had recently received a large inheritance after a parent's passing. I guess that explains why the husband didn't go for the divorce....
Ding...Ding...Ding...I think that we've found the answer...

Update:
"I shot her until the gun stopped"
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/2500507/

Rose Vincent pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder in the Dec. 8, 2006, slaying of Julie Bowling. The plea deal spares her life – she had been charged with first-degree murder and faced the prospect of a death sentence – and sets her up as the star witness in the trial of Bowling's husband. (more plus video and {scary!}pic at link)

Good Lord..that is one scary looking women..is that the nicest face she could put forward for the court? Guess the husband set her up to do the killing or maybe not..maybe he would have been next.

JMHO

Update:
"I shot her until the gun stopped"
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/2500507/

Rose Vincent pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder in the Dec. 8, 2006, slaying of Julie Bowling. The plea deal spares her life – she had been charged with first-degree murder and faced the prospect of a death sentence – and sets her up as the star witness in the trial of Bowling's husband. (more plus video and {scary!}pic at link)

She looks like Bigfoot on a hangover. And his wife was really pretty.

I don't usually care for plea bargains but maybe it's the only way they can nail him for the DP.

29 years just doesn't seem like alot for killing someone in cold blood.

From September 2008:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3634707/

A Rocky Mount funeral-home owner was sentenced Monday to more than 15 years in prison after pleading guilty to plotting with his mistress to kill his wife two years ago.

Mark Bowling, the former owner of several Bowling Funeral Home operations in eastern North Carolina, pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder in the Dec. 8, 2006, shooting death of Julie Bowling...

Bowling's mistress... admitted that she gunned down Julie Bowling in the garage of the Bowling home, but said Mark Bowling provided her with a map and instructions on how to carry out the crime while he was away on a scuba-diving trip.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back