UK UK - Serial Killer in Ipswich UK - Stephen Wright

Some U.K. citizens at another board I participate in say that it is thought that a dormant serial killer has resumed activity. Apparently there have been similar murders in previous years, in the same area(s). The media has dubbed the criminal the Ipswich Ripper.

Hi DebC,:)

Thanks for the article and please keep on keeping us posted.
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Here is a link to Steve Huff's entry on this topic. There are some Brits who posted comments and gave more insights into the media coverage of the crimes.

yep, two more bodies found--I hope he gets caught soon but these are sometimes the toughest serial killers to catch because of the nature of the victims--these poor girls, so young--cops are urging all the prostitutes to stay home, but since most of them are drug addicts, it's highly doubtful they'll suspend their business

The media coverage of this case is unbelievable here in the UK. Its making every front page of the nations newspapers and stories of the case fill about half of them. The news networks cant get enough of it. This kind of series of murder is rare here in the UK, especially at the rate this killer is murdering at. I dont think he is going to slow down either, this sick individual has to be caught asap!

Sky News website - http://news.sky.com/skynews/home/

Thanks Detecto ,

here's more

Killer 'Preys On Vulnerable'
Updated: 17:35, Tuesday December 12, 2006

Criminologist David Wilson has been speaking to Sky News Online about the profile of the man who may have carried out the Ipswich murders.

Here are his key points:

:: The killer is probably white and aged between 25-49.

:: Killers tend to target intra-class, not inter-class, in other words, they select victims in their racial group.

:: The killer knows the Ipswich area and could work there - but is not necessarily a local man.

:: The killer could be enjoying the attention that he is getting in the media.

:: He preys on prostitutes because they are accessible and vulnerable.

:: He is probably known to the police because he has a history of violence.

:: He will not target non-prostitutes because he is not comfortable with them.

:: He is confident of disposing of the bodies.

:: He may move to a different area to continue killing, possibly the Norwich area.

:: As the body count increases he will begin to make mistakes.

The expert: Prof Wilson :: Police have revealed that the third dead prostitute, Annelli Alderton, was asphyxiated, probably strangled. Prof Wilson says the killer could have left some of his DNA on the body.

:: Strangulation is an intimate act. Death is not instantanious. The killer feels a sense of power.

:: The first victim and her acquaintances are very important in the case because the killer could know the first girl.

:: Therefore police need to establish which girl was killed first because they often provide the most clues to the case.

:: He clearly knows the roads of Ipswich well because the bodies were dumped near the main A12 and A14.

:: The third body was found near a car park and he could have stopped there.

The case is similar to two others

:: One is Scottish serial killer Robert Black who murdered three girls during the 1980s. Their bodies were found in locations that were far apart.

:: His job was to sell advertising posters and by working across the country he got to know the roads well.

:: The other is Peter Moore, a Welsh serial killer who was a cinema manager. He killed four men in 1995.

Oh My God

:: Strangulation is an intimate act. Death is not instantanious. The killer feels a sense of power.

Seriously sick.......

This is why I wish women would get off the streets. As long as there are hookers, they are going to be men waiting to kill them. They are seen as unimportant and disposable to some, but they are someones daughter, mother sister, just like any other woman.

He seems like he's in a frenzy, hopefully these women can wait it out. I think it's great they have so much media coverage and I do think that will make everyone more aware and on the lookout and he'll know it.

There are a few videos to watch on this site, which give quite a good impression of the surrounding countryside where the bodies were dumped. It's a very rural area.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/

strach304 said:
He seems like he's in a frenzy, hopefully these women can wait it out. I think it's great they have so much media coverage and I do think that will make everyone more aware and on the lookout and he'll know it.
Yep, he is not taking much of a break between murders. 5 bodies found in 11 days. Hope they get this guy quick.

Hard to believe because the disapearance of Gemma Adams in Ipswich Uk happened in mid November while the murders in Atlanta happened at the same time. The murders are similar though in the way the bodies were dumped and the pace of the killings. I just dont see a link.

'Ipswich Ripper' Prostitute Murder Investigators Eye Atlantic City Cases for Possible Link

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,236320,00.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back