MI - Theresa Terrell for extreme neglect of 22yo disabled daughter, Flint, 2006

:( These types of stories always make me sick. My youngest is disabled and I think of her and how others like her can't help themselves and don't deserve to be treated so horribly.

Crying many tears here. I hope now the woman can live with someone that will truly take care of her.
:( :(

link
FLINT, Mich. — A developmentally disabled woman weighing 43 pounds was found in an upstairs bedroom of her mother's home wearing only a T-shirt and four soiled diapers, authorities said.

The 22-year-old woman was suffering from malnutrition and was found Wednesday on a mattress stained with urine and feces, The Flint Journal reported. The woman's mother was expected to face an abuse charge.

"It's just appalling," said Genesee County Prosecutor David Leyton.

Flint police found the woman after officers went to the home to look for a man in an unrelated assault complaint. Officers were searching the second floor when they were overwhelmed by a foul odor, Leyton said.

The woman's mother was being held at the Genesee County Jail pending arraignment on a charge of second-degree abuse of a vulnerable adult. If convicted, the mother could be sentenced to up to four years in prison.

dark_shadows said:
link
FLINT, Mich. — A developmentally disabled woman weighing 43 pounds was found in an upstairs bedroom of her mother's home wearing only a T-shirt and four soiled diapers, authorities said.

The 22-year-old woman was suffering from malnutrition and was found Wednesday on a mattress stained with urine and feces, The Flint Journal reported. The woman's mother was expected to face an abuse charge.

"It's just appalling," said Genesee County Prosecutor David Leyton.

Flint police found the woman after officers went to the home to look for a man in an unrelated assault complaint. Officers were searching the second floor when they were overwhelmed by a foul odor, Leyton said.

The woman's mother was being held at the Genesee County Jail pending arraignment on a charge of second-degree abuse of a vulnerable adult. If convicted, the mother could be sentenced to up to four years in prison.

Oh my Lord! Wanna bet the mother's a drunk or on Meth! That's too sick to even think about.

Keep us posted........

xxxxxxxxxoo
mama

This is about 45 minutes away from where I live. She deserves alot more than 4 years! :banghead:

This area is bad,corruption runs highly in flint le and among jails, the mayor(who is an ex-con for embezzlement and fraud and still has ongoing cases for fraud), and judges. It is not highly populated and is filled with criminals. Its one of the fbi's most crime ridden cities , Number #4 in 2004 in the nation even though its not comparable to population to the other towns on the top ten list.

Because so many people have moved out of the area they now offer free health insurance to anyone regardless of income to bring people into genessee county.

Meth is not a huge drug around here but crack cocaine is very prevalent.

Here's a bigger article, its two pages-

http://www.mlive.com/search/index.ssf?/base/news-40/1166273429323210.xml?fljournal?NEF&coll=5&thispage=1

**EDIT: Can we merge this thread with the other one already going (just realized there are 2 )** :)

Thank goodness theyou found her. Apparently she was a burden to the mother based on the way the mom cared for her daughter.

The daughter is now free from the guilt and pain she probably suffered for years.

I almost wonder if that poor woman ever left that room.

Here's praying that she doesn't end up with bed sores and neglect in some long term facility next. :(

Sad thing is there is help in this area for the disabled. They have adult day cares, schools, job training and many assisted living facilities. We also have volunteer home health care where people would be willing to help out.

Any place where she was at would be better than staying with her mother. This scares me about the future as well. I am partially blind by glaucoma and may end up fully blind. Its very scary to think of someone having to take care of you without being aware of what is going on. I hope my daughter is never in a position which she needs someone to fully care for her, I would take care of her as long as I was here but what would happen when Im gone scares me.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back