Missing Since: January 24, 2005 from Andrews, South Carolina
Classification: Missing
Date Of Birth: November 10, 1976
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 135 lbs.
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Race: White
Distinguishing Characteristics: Double pierced ears.
<LI>Clothing & Jewelry: Numberous rings, watch worn on
left wrist. <LI>Case Number: 05-02232

Details of Disappearance
Crystal was last seen in the morning hours at the Shaw's Corner Store in the vicinity of Jones Ave. and Main St. in Andrews, SC.

http://www.nampn.doenetwork.us/cases/soles_crystal_g.html

Gail Soles shivers in the frigid morning air and clutches a handful of missing-person fliers.

The fliers, which bear the picture of her daughter, Crystal Soles, have been pasted around Georgetown County for nearly two years - when Crystal Soles was reported missing.

The families of Crystal Soles and Garrett Hughes, another missing Georgetown County resident, have never stopped searching for them. Their disappearances illustrate the challenges authorities face when adults vanish with no obvious signs of foul play - as Wayne and Dianne Guay of the Burgess Community did earlier this month en route to visit family in New York.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld/myrtlebeachonline/news/local/16259868.htm?source=rss&channel=myrtlebeachonline_local

I see the links for Crystal Soles, but nothing on a google search for Garrett Hughes. I wonder if he was ever found

By Meredith Carter,

Mitchell Soles of Andrews had an unusual request for Santa this year: “All I want for Christmas is for my mommy to come home.”
His mother, Crystal Gail Soles, 29, has been missing since Jan. 24, 2005. Her mother, Gail, said she hopes the new year will bring new information about her missing daughter.
“I hope this year we can get some answers,” she said. “I know someone knows something, and I hope they’ll come forward.”
Crystal disappeared last January from Shaw’s Corner Store in Andrews. She called her father, Wingate “Buster” Soles, from the store and asked for a ride. He was too ill to drive, and Soles said she would walk home. She has not been seen or heard from since.
Gail, who has been caring for Mitchell since Crystal’s disappearance, said she plans to redouble search efforts this year. She plans “to go door-to-door” and ask if anyone has seen Crystal since last January.
“It’s been so long . . . I just want my daughter to come home,” she said. “I want to see her again. And I’m going to knock on every door in Andrews if I have to.”
There has not been a shortage of tips or calls about Crystal, though, Gail said. One tip placed Crystal in Tabor City, N.C., but a search turned up nothing. Another caller made the disturbing claim that Crystal had been shot in the head. The rumors led Andrews Police and
“I just don’t know what to think anymore,” Gail said. “We’ve heard so many stories, I just don’t know what to think.”
Both the CUE Center for Missing Persons and The Charley Project have posted Crystal’s information on the Internet.
At the time of her disappearance, Crystal was wearing a watch and numerous rings. She has blonde hair, blue eyes and double-pierced ears. She is between 5’3” and 5’5” and weighs 110 to 135 pounds.
Anyone with information about Crystal should call the Andrews Police Department at 264-5223, the CUE Center for Missing Persons at (910) 343-1131 or (910) 232-1687 or the Soles residence at 221-7605.

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=...id=385210&rfi=6

Gone, but not forgotten.
That’s the message Monica Caison, founder of CUE Center for Missing Persons, hopes to send Friday when she hosts a vigil in honor of Crystal Soles at 7 p.m. at Blount Furniture Company, 501 W. Main St. in Andrews. A billboard featuring Soles’s information will be unveiled.
Friday’s vigil will mark just over a year since Soles’s disappearance Jan. 24, 2005, from Shaw’s Corner Store in Andrews.
Dates, Caison noted, take on a new importance for families of missing persons.
“An anniversary, birthday or holiday means so much to families who suffer a missing loved one,” said Caison. “Unfortunately, most missing adult cases are only heard of when dates like these arrive.”
The families of several other missing persons—Brandy Hanna, missing from Charleston; Delwin Locklear, missing from Maxton, N.C.; and Deloris Melton, a former Myrtle Beach resident missing from Seaside Beach, N.C.—are expected to attend the vigil.
Candles will be provided and the public is invited to attend. Mallory Malter of Wilmington, N.C. will give a vocal presentation in honor of Soles and her family.
Caison promoted Soles’s case and others Nov. 25, when she appeared on CNN’s Larry King Live. She showed several photographs of those missing in cases considered “cold,” including Soles and the families expected to attend Friday’s vigil.
Caison said she appealed to the media to help raise awareness of low-profile missing persons cases.
“We know media exposure early in a case of a missing person yields better results in finding them, but any attention provides a renewed hope for the low-profiled missing,” she said.
Though Soles lives in Williamsburg County, Andrews Police Department remains in charge of her case.
According to Williamsburg County Sheriff Kelvin Washington, the “lead agency” of a case is the agency where the report is filed.
Washington verified that someone had reported seeing Soles in Williamsburg County several months ago, well after her reported Jan. 24 disappearance. He said he could not recall who made the claim, but all efforts to locate Soles were unsuccessful.
Andrews Police Chief Willie Sparkman confirmed Washington’s statement. Sparkman said Soles’s case will remain open.
“I promised Mrs. Soles I would not close the case until it was resolved,” he said. “That’s what I’m going to do. I’m not going to close the case until it’s resolved one way or the other.”
Call the Andrews Police Department at 264-5223 with any information regarding Soles’s case.

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=...id=385210&rfi=6

http://www.wpde.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=88442

Family searches for answers in woman's disappearance
By Lauren Lowrey
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2008 at 3:24 p.m.

A local family continues to search for answers three years after a woman disappeared.

Thursday marks the three year anniversary of 28-year-old, Crystal Gail Soles' disappearance.

She was last seen at the Shaw's Corner Store in Andrews.

Her brother says she used a pay phone to call her father for a ride, but he was unable to pick her up so, she said she'd walk the two miles to her home. Crystal was never heard from again.

In the last three years her family, along with several police departments and the cue center for missing persons have kept their search alive, following a number of leads all turning up nothing.

Crystal's family is still offering a reward for information leading to whereabouts.

If you have any information about Crystal Soles, you can call the 24-hour anonymous tip line at 910-232-1687.

Why Have I not heard about these cases? Is there a reason that SC doesn't have some kind of Central clearinghouse that lists missing persons? It amazes me that so many people just disappear and we never hear about them. Why do I have to learn about so many missing fellow missing South Carolinians here, but not inthe media? Seems wrong somehow.

"Someone could be using her social security
number,'' police say about missing Crystal
Gayle Soles

New clues that could lead to the location of a woman missing five years
from Andrews are being investigated by the Andrews Police
Department.

Chief Harvey Knox said Friday that someone appears to have been
using the social security number of Crystal Gail Soles, a woman who
vanished into thin air from Andrews on Jan. 24, 2005.
''Our investigator is looking into financial transactions,'' Knox said. ``It
was nothing in this area.''

Knox said clues are coming in about Soles, but the possible use of her
identity is the most recent information to come into the department.
The possible use of the social security number is the only information
police now have that is still a possible link to Soles' whereabouts.
Soles has not been found, despite repeated searches through Georgetown and Williamsburg counties.

http://www.findcrystalsoles.com/

Hmm.............the social security number activity is at least something!

I wonder what the status is of her SS being used. I hate it when there is no more info and we are left hanging.

There's new information on the Find Crystal website (http://www.findcrystalsoles.com/) regarding Crystal's case being featured on one of the playing cards (the 10 of diamonds) that will be distributed to prison inmates in hopes of bringing new info/tips to her case.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=488808

At the end of this article....
Sources on the Drexel case have also raised eyebrows at the mention of a fourth woman, Crystal Gail Soles, who vanished just miles from the McClellanville area in 2005. Soles was last seen leaving Shaw's Corner store near Andrews, and officials think she was abducted. "There are just too many young, white girls going missing (with a connection to that area)," one source close to the case said.

God Bless You Monica Caison, CUE CENTER FOR MISSING PERSON'S, and all that worked so hard to find Crystal and never gave up. I think it is safe to say this will most likely be her.

Finally this family can have some answers. God Bless.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back