Seven found dead in Missouri duplex

PlasmaFiend024

Reaction score
KIRKSVILLE, Missouri (AP) -- Seven people were found dead Sunday in a duplex in northeast Missouri, police said.

Police Chief Jim Hughes confirmed the deaths but would not discuss a suspected cause or release details about the victims.

Police were trying to make positive identifications and notify relatives.

Emergency officials went to the home after receiving a 911 call around 2:30 p.m. saying there were a number of unresponsive people and an unusual odor in the duplex.

Foul play had not been ruled out, Hughes said.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/12/17/missouri.deaths.ap/index.html

EDITED BY DP DUE TO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT

More deaths by carbon monoxide poisoning? :( Sounds like an entire family, sadly.

We had to call 911 last year because our carbon monoxide alarm went off AND it smelled weird by our water heater. They brought out their little gadgets and found nothing. They told us that the brand of alarm we had (sorry, can't remember) often caused false alarms. I guess better safe than sorry.

I was under the assumption that carbon monoxide did not have an odor. Maybe if they had natural gas and it was leaking, there would be an odor....or maybe the odor was from the bodies themselves. Article does not state how long they had been dead. It always breaks my heart to hear about deaths around the holidays especially. The families will never be able to celebrate without thinking about their dead loved ones again.

Is this a whole family or is this 7 random people that were all at this house?

teonspaleprincess said:
I was under the assumption that carbon monoxide did not have an odor. Maybe if they had natural gas and it was leaking, there would be an odor....or maybe the odor was from the bodies themselves. Article does not state how long they had been dead. It always breaks my heart to hear about deaths around the holidays especially. The families will never be able to celebrate without thinking about their dead loved ones again.
You're right....carbon monoxide poisoning is often fatal because it's odorless. I wonder if it WAS natural gas?

I was thinking the smell the neighbors smelled was the decomposing bodies, not gas. I could have read that wrong in the paper though!

Very sad, sad situation. Prayers for the family.

I wish I had listened to the news better this morning, but I was left with the thought that LE thought the car/van had been running and caused the deaths.

That could still be murder/suicide if someone did that intentionally. I hope they investigate this well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back