Norway Norway - Isdalen, WhtFem 503UFNOR, multiple aliases, multilingual, Nov'70

tennessee said:
I wish I could read that book. I bet is it interesting. Who was this woman? Very, very intriguing (sp?).
I'd like to read it too

Hopefully they'll release the book in English- but then I have a feeling that 9x/10 that possibility is somewhere between "could happen" and "nil"

Outofthedark,

Your signiture link for information on Lyle Stevik. Is there another thread for that one? I have a possible solution to that one.

I was looking at a case for a disturbed (social phobia) person who was suicidal from Jerome Idaho.

His case can be found http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/1819dmid.html (Patrick Beavers).

Some similarities stike me such as hair/eye color and age. While the height is bit off. Weight would be same if Patrick had lost 30-40 pounds as it is indicated that Lyle Stevik had. Patrick had left a "goodbye" note indicative of suicide and Lyle left a "for the room" note. Lyle was obviously a deep reader considering his name and Patrick enjoyed reading.

One thing that really struck me (besides the resemblance if you consider a weight loss) is that Lyle left an address to a motel of 1019 S. Progress Avenue, Meridian, Idaho. This would indicate a familiarity with Idaho (to come up with an existing address -- and then it happens to be a motel? He was found in a motel having committed suicide. What is more, Meridian is on the route to Amanda Park Washington if you were to take 84W from Jerome, it would go right through there.

Patrick also enjoyed hiking and Lyle was found in hiking boots. Washington is excellent hiking. There are more similarities you would see if you were familiar with the book from which he takes his name (You Must Remember This by Joyce Carol Oates).

Differences would be facial hair (could have shaved). Patrick also had light sensitivity and wore sunglasses often .. I see no mention of any being found at the scene where Lyle committed suicide.

If you look at the picture of Patrick on the right, you will notice he is wearing a tshirt and what appears to be a blue plaid shirt over it. This is what Lyle was wearing.

Probably a long shot but, are you familiar with the case and do you know if this possibility has been considered?

Elberethe said:
Outofthedark,

Your signiture link for information on Lyle Stevik. Is there another thread for that one? I have a possible solution to that one.

I was looking at a case for a disturbed (social phobia) person who was suicidal from Jerome Idaho.

His case can be found http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/1819dmid.html (Patrick Beavers).

Some similarities stike me such as hair/eye color and age. While the height is bit off. Weight would be same if Patrick had lost 30-40 pounds as it is indicated that Lyle Stevik had. Patrick had left a "goodbye" note indicative of suicide and Lyle left a "for the room" note. Lyle was obviously a deep reader considering his name and Patrick enjoyed reading.

One thing that really struck me (besides the resemblance if you consider a weight loss) is that Lyle left an address to a motel of 1019 S. Progress Avenue, Meridian, Idaho. This would indicate a familiarity with Idaho (to come up with an existing address -- and then it happens to be a motel? He was found in a motel having committed suicide. What is more, Meridian is on the route to Amanda Park Washington if you were to take 84W from Jerome, it would go right through there.

Patrick also enjoyed hiking and Lyle was found in hiking boots. Washington is excellent hiking. There are more similarities you would see if you were familiar with the book from which he takes his name (You Must Remember This by Joyce Carol Oates).

Differences would be facial hair (could have shaved). Patrick also had light sensitivity and wore sunglasses often .. I see no mention of any being found at the scene where Lyle committed suicide.

If you look at the picture of Patrick on the right, you will notice he is wearing a tshirt and what appears to be a blue plaid shirt over it. This is what Lyle was wearing.

Probably a long shot but, are you familiar with the case and do you know if this possibility has been considered?
There is an article about 3 Doe cases that Det. Lane Youmans has been investigating and the "Lyle Stevik" case is one of them- "Lyle" did actually leave another note, but it was found with a crumpled up newspaper in a trash can and it had the word "suicide" written on it.

Concerning Lyle Stevik's race, I did some research on his eye color (which was hazel) and shortened it to two (because his race was listed White/Native and or possibly Hispanic) possible races- White and Biracial. If he is White, he could possibly be of European descent because hazel eyes are commonly found in middle European countries.

In Lyle Stevik's autopsy photos, you'll notice what appears to be really small facial hairs on his chin- I didn't notice them out of all the times I saw his autopsy photos...

Unidentified Female
The victim was discovered on November 29, 1970 in Isdalen, Norway
Estimated Date of Death: Several days
She was found in the ashes of a fire.

Vital Statistics

Distinguishing Characteristics: She spoke German, English, Belgian and French with an unknown accent.
AKA: Genevieve Lancier; Claudia Tielt; Alexia Zerner-Merches; Vera Jarle; Fenella Lorch; Elisabeth Leenhower;
Other: She carried nine fake passports and used wigs on several occasions

Case History
The victim was located in Isdalen, outside of Bergen, Norway on November 29, 1970.
Located next to her was a St. Hallvards licqor bottle, 2 plastic bottles smelling of gasoline, a glass that had contained sleeping pills Fenemal, and a silver spoon with the monogram filed off.

The drawing made of her was by witnesses who recognized her as a pretty woman who had checked out of the Hordaheimen hotel. She had signed the guestbook with a false name.

The boxes at the railway station were checked, and the police found clothing, a wig, several eyeglasses (no prescription), similar silver spoons, 500 german marks and 130 norwegian crowns, also a black notebook with number and letter codes. (possibly her travel route and contacts in Norway). All labels had been removed from the clothing, and all identifying things removed from the luggage.

What is known about her travels:
March 20, 1970 - she travels from Genèva to Oslo

March 21-24, 1970 - she lives at Hotel Viking in Olso using the name "Genevieve Lancier".

March 24 - flies from Oslo to Stavanger, takes the boat to Bergen, stays the night at Hotel Bristol using the name "Claudia Tielt".

March 25 - April 1- stays at hotel Scandia in Bergen, still as "C. Tielt"

April 1 - travels from Bergen to Stavanger, and on to Kristiansand, Hirtshals, Hamburg and Basel. Thats the last trace of her in Norway until she returns six months later.

October 3 - travels from Stockholm to Oslo, and on to Oppdal, stays the night at the hotel there together with Italian photographer Giovanni Trimboli

October 22 - stays at hotel Altona in Paris

October 23 - 29 - stays at Hotel de Calais in Paris

October 29 - 30 - goes from Paris to Stavanger and on to Bergen

October 30 - November 5 - checks in to hotel Neptun using the name "Alexia Zerner-Merches"; she meets an unknown man at the hotel.

November 6 - 9 - she travels to Trondheim, lives at hotel Bristol using the name "Vera Jarle".

November 9 - goes to Oslo and on to Stavanger where she stays at Hotel St. Svitun using the name "Fenella Lorch".

November 18 - goes with the boat Vingtor to Bergen where she stays at hotel Rosenkrantz using the name "Elisabeth Leenhower" from Belgium.

November 19- 23 - stays at hotel Hordaheimen, stays in the room a lot and seems watchful.

November 23 - leaves the hotel in the morning, pays in cash and goes to the railway station where she places 2 pieces of luggage in a depository box.

November 29 - she is located dead in Isdalen. Police claim she comitted suicide; rumors say she was a spy and the answers to her identification will be found in Moscow; other rumors theorize she was killed by someone she was close to.

A book has been written about this case, Tore Osland - Isdals Kvinnen - Operasjon Isotop

See link for a Sketch of Victim by Audun Hetlands

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Kripos
22 22 37 00 (Anonym Tipstelefon)
or
Interpol
(33) 4 72 44 71 63 (Fax)
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Source Information:
TVNORGE
Doe Network: Case File 503UFNOR

LINK:
http://doenetwork.org/cases/503ufnor.html

Yes, this case is very interesting! I think there was a thread on her awhile back somewhere on here. We were hoping that the book written about her might have a translated edition so we could learn more. I've since forgotten about it but will have to remember to check it out after all the holiday craziness. Somebody remind me, okay?!? ;)

Hi, no , unfortunately not. There is no english version, but of course the book really may have an english-spoken life because of its international approach.
I should need som help then to launce that one. How do you know of the book?
Tore

Well, I stumbled across the story on a website, www.doenetwork.com , and they linked me to your book. However, it is not in English. I then Googled the story, but it appears that you are the only one who has written a book about this! Such an intriguing story, I am surprised...

Oh well, keep me in the loop, on a mailing list or such, if you decide to print an English version.

that was the lest I heard of this...it was back in february, I had no idea there was a thread for her on here until now...

This is very intriguing. If they know she stayed at the hotel with the Italian photographer, Trimboli, surely they interviewed him trying to find out if he knew who she really was.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back