Girl gives birth while at school

Floh

Former Member
Reaction score
A 15-year-old girl has given birth at a school in Bradford.
The baby was born in a medical room at St Joseph's Catholic College in Cunliffe Road on Friday, a school spokesman said.
An ambulance was called but the girl had given birth by the time it arrived. The Year 11 pupil is not thought to have known she was pregnant.
Spokesman for the Catholic Diocese of Leeds, John Grady, said the girl and her baby were "fine".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/west_yorkshire/6193021.stm

I like the Spokesman for the Catholic Diocese of Leeds said, "It is not going to help to go moralising on the whole situation. That is not important, what is important is that the child and the baby are fine and everything is being done for them and their parents."

i don't like that her pregnancy went undetected until she was clearly in labour.

Floh said:
i don't like that her pregnancy went undetected until she was clearly in labour.
I know. All that good nutrition and prenatal vitamins would have been a great start for the baby. Maybe she ate better than the typical teen, though - let's hope so!

I honestly don't know how someone cannot know they're pregnant. There was a girl in my high school who didn't tell her parents she was pregnant until she was in labor.....

Proud of her for not calling in sick that day!!!! :clap:

poco said:
Proud of her for not calling in sick that day!!!! :clap:

Maybe she's aiming for perfect attendance.

GlitchWizard said:
Well, SOMEONE got their aim right, anyway.

Don't need to aim when you are right on top of the target - bahahahaha!

ljwf22 said:
I honestly don't know how someone cannot know they're pregnant. There was a girl in my high school who didn't tell her parents she was pregnant until she was in labor.....
I don't know either. I thought I had terminal cancer and was dying until I got my pregnancy test back. I felt terrible when I was pregnant. If it wasn't pregnancy then i was going to get a full physical and find out what was wrong with me.

Teens get scared and I believe go into some major denial. But good lord, I notice when my son doesn't have his hair combed right. You would have thought some of her friends,boyfriend(s), or someone would have noticed. Golly, I never got very big with mine, but I couldn't hide it.

julia said:
Teens get scared and I believe go into some major denial. But good lord, I notice when my son doesn't have his hair combed right. You would have thought some of her friends,boyfriend(s), or someone would have noticed. Golly, I never got very big with mine, but I couldn't hide it.
My mom used to notice EVERYTHING. I would think if I had been pregnant she would have notice the absense of femenine products in the house, or notice that i hadn't put them on her shopping list.

2sisters said:
My mom used to notice EVERYTHING. I would think if I had been pregnant she would have notice the absense of femenine products in the house, or notice that i hadn't put them on her shopping list.
One of my girlfriend's moms said she could tell by how a girl walked whether she was a virgin or not. ;) Obviously she was bluffing but it scared the bejeezus out of us. :eek:

I have a friend who gave birth when in her 20s, and had no idea she was pregnant. She had continued to have her time of the month each month, didn't put on any weight, got no morning sickness at all ... when she went into labour, her doctor thought she had appendicitis and rushed her to hospital, where she gave birth! Needless to say she was a little surprised and it took her a while to adjust to being a Mum. I don't think it's a common occurrence though ...

uh no it's not.. I think in this case it's a scared teen. I knew 2 seconds after a skipped period, that it wasn't mono. Or in that case I had 2 big bouts with mono. I use to call my son mono.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back