Baby Put Through L.A. Airport X-Ray Machine

ajc2804

Reaction score
LOS ANGELES — A woman mistakenly put her 1-month-old grandson through an X-ray machine at Los Angeles International Airport, authorities said.

A startled security worker noticed the shape of a child on the carry-on baggage screening monitor and immediately pulled him out, the Los Angeles Times reported for a story in Wednesday's editions.

Click here to read the Los Angeles Times' story.

The infant was taken to a local hospital, where doctors determined he did not receive a dangerous dose of radiation.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,237742,00.html

Good Lord... next thing you know they'll have to spend millions of dollars with our US tax dollars to retrofit all airports to put a baby-in-a-bin graphic up in a red circle with a slash mark. Just stay in Mexico next time :rolleyes:

Some people are just incredibly stupid. :banghead: I honestly don't know how some people live in the world today and actually survive without being killed by their own idiocy.

oh, wait, we have a last minute nominee. :D

That would be a tough award to give out, oh so many people to choose from.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

ISPTRAX said:
Good Lord... next thing you know they'll have to spend millions of dollars with our US tax dollars to retrofit all airports to put a baby-in-a-bin graphic up in a red circle with a slash mark. Just stay in Mexico next time :rolleyes:
thats exactly what I am thinking :banghead:

ISPTRAX said:
That was really racist....
Being Spanish was not the issue here... being stupid was...
and sadly that happens with all races.

Amraann said:
That was really racist....
Being Spanish was not the issue here... being stupid was...
and sadly that happens with all races.
I can't speak for the poster that said that but I don't think he meant anything racist. i think he meant if you can't read english or grasp enough of it to not do something as totally stupid as putting a baby in an xray machine then it's best to stay in your country and not venture out into unfarmiliar territory. if they had been Canadian I am sure the poster would have said go back to Canada.

I am sorry if I took it wrong....

The airport did have signs in spanish.

I still contend the issue was stupidity in any language.... I mean you (general you... not you personally) think the baby was carry on luggage??

Cleary the grandmother did ..... its almost funny.

Amraann said:
I am sorry if I took it wrong....

The airport did have signs in spanish.

I still contend the issue was stupidity in any language.... I mean you (general you... not you personally) think the baby was carry on luggage??

Cleary the grandmother did ..... its almost funny.
can we say No harm no foul??? The baby was fine after getting checked out at a Hospital.

What about those poor TSA screeners? I never thought about it, but you KNOW they are getting fallout radiation, every day, all day, for their $12 an hour.

I already worry about my flight attendant friends--cancer rates are known to be higher among them--but now with these extra-strong body scanners to pass through every day?

2sisters said:
I can't speak for the poster that said that but I don't think he meant anything racist. i think he meant if you can't read english or grasp enough of it to not do something as totally stupid as putting a baby in an xray machine then it's best to stay in your country and not venture out into unfarmiliar territory. if they had been Canadian I am sure the poster would have said go back to Canada.

Yep... could have been a Canadian or a European. If you're that stupid, you shouldn't venture out of your own home...

I'm pretty frugal, so my thought is - the baby is fine from the radiation, but did a radiologist read the x ray for the child? I mean, as long as the scan happened, they should at least look for fractures, cancer - something.

PS
I didn't read the comment as racist, but stupidist. I am a definite stupidist and will point out my discrimination against the stupid at any time.

Ummm....the x-ray machines at airports don't have film and don't produce "prints". It is just an image on a screen.

AlwaysShocked said:
Ummm....the x-ray machines at airports don't have film and don't produce "prints". It is just an image on a screen.
With the updated security, I'd assume they'd save the images to disk to review later - for example if the plane blew up - they'd want to relook at those scans. You don't need actual film anymore. I worked at an MRI facility a few years ago, and we just uploaded the images - no film either.

But, I was being facicious.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megankd