Richard

Reaction score
Marie Theresa Cherry
Missing since October 10, 1992 from Fort Hood, Bell County, Texas
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: October 7, 1967
Age at Time of Disappearance: 25 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6"; 143 lbs.

Distinguishing Characteristics: Black female. Brown hair; brown eyes. She is known to wear glasses.
Marks, Scars: A scar in the scalp area on her forehead.
Clothing: She was last seen wearing a yellow shirt and a red skirt with red suspenders.
Dentals: A chipped front tooth and a gap between her front teeth.
Circumstances of Disappearance
Marie Cherry was last seen in Fort Hood, TX on October 10, 1992. Foul Play Possible.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Texas Department of Public Safety
512-424-5074

Source Information:
Texas Department of Public Safety
The Doe Network: Case File 2146DFTX

LINK:
http://www.doenetwork.org/

I check charleyproject and it had no further info. Very few details are available in this case. They don't have the time she was last seen or anything like that.

Why ISN'T she in namus? I hunted for any information at all, and found this comment after an article http://m.policemag.com/article/214/how-to-open-a-cold-case

Vonnie K. @ 5/26/2014 7:59:41 PM
My first cousin Marie Theresa Cherry has been missing since October 1992 from Fort Hood Texas under suspicious circumstances. Theresa as all called her, left 2 young children. Theresa was a victim of domestic abuse that no one wanted to talk about. The person who knows about her disappearance has been able to live his life without consequences for 21 years. The family have an idea what happened, but at the request of her Mother, we left it to her who assured us that the investigation was still very active. How can I get this case re-opened. I think there are people willing to talk now.

Why ISN'T she in namus? I hunted for any information at all, and found this comment after an article http://m.policemag.com/article/214/how-to-open-a-cold-case

Vonnie K. @ 5/26/2014 7:59:41 PM
My first cousin Marie Theresa Cherry has been missing since October 1992 from Fort Hood Texas under suspicious circumstances. Theresa as all called her, left 2 young children. Theresa was a victim of domestic abuse that no one wanted to talk about. The person who knows about her disappearance has been able to live his life without consequences for 21 years. The family have an idea what happened, but at the request of her Mother, we left it to her who assured us that the investigation was still very active. How can I get this case re-opened. I think there are people willing to talk now.

This is from The Fort Hood Sentinel, published in June of 1994. It was offering an award of $7,500 for information leading to the identification, apprehension and conviction of the person(s) responsible for the death of Mrs. Marie Theresa Cherry. The reward expired in May of 1995. The flier says that Marie was last seen alive on October 10th, 1992 at 10:30 pm. She was discover missing the next night, at 7:55.

http://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth310045/m1/3/

Marie has been missing now for 23 years.

Marie Theresa Cherry
  • marie_theresa_cherry_1.jpg
  • marie_theresa_cherry_2.jpg
  • marie_theresa_cherry_3.jpg
Cherry, circa 1992

• Missing Since 10/10/1992
  • Missing From Fort Hood, Texas
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race Black
  • Date of Birth 10/07/1967 (52)
  • Age 25 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'6, 143 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A yellow shirt, a red skirt and red suspenders.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Cherry has a scar on her forehead near her scalp, a chipped front tooth, and a gap between her front teeth. Her ears are pierced and she may wear eyeglasses. Cherry goes by her middle name, Theresa, and she may use the last names Cline, Guzman, Kline, Palmer and/or Phillips.
Details of Disappearance

Cherry was last seen in the front yard of her family's residence in the Walker Village area of Fort Hood, Texas at 10:30 p.m. on October 10, 1992. She has never been heard from again.

According to relatives, Cherry was the victim of domestic violence prior to her disappearance. She worked as a teacher and left behind two children. Few details are available in her case. Foul play is suspected.

Investigating Agency
  • Army Criminal Investigation Division 254-288-0996
Source Information

This is from The Fort Hood Sentinel, published in June of 1994. It was offering an award of $7,500 for information leading to the identification, apprehension and conviction of the person(s) responsible for the death of Mrs. Marie Theresa Cherry. The reward expired in May of 1995. The flier says that Marie was last seen alive on October 10th, 1992 at 10:30 pm. She was discover missing the next night, at 7:55.

The Fort Hood Sentinel (Temple, Tex.), Vol. 53, No. 43, Ed. 1 Thursday, June 30, 1994

Marie has been missing now for 23 years.

So in 1994 they were presuming she was deceased? Is this standard? Or did something lead the reporter/investigator to say she was deceased?

I'm also curious as to how she was working as a teacher, didn't show up for work the next day, and her case just went cold?? You'd think parents of students and coworkers would be rallying around her. Even if she was working as a daycare provider at the base CDC, relationships between caregivers, children, and parents are pretty close knit on a military base.

Sounds like the assumption of her being deceased in that news article matches with the presumption by the family as well. Plus a hidden secret of domestic violence from her husband who a military officer of some sort...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back