Michelle Young: Pregnant Mom, NC. part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samiya

Inactive
Reaction score
Thought I'd sneak in and start a newie while you were all sleeping :)

To make it easier, I've brought the entire last page posts over, in their order, to help keep the conversation moving.

Sami
*advertiser censored*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RAISINCHARLIE TO SCANDI:

Scandi,

The first set of warrants were released on 6 December and linked at the N & O and at WRAL on December 7th - one day after they were returned.

What I have wondered about the step father and the attitude was what if JY's trip to Brevard was not planned. What if JY called that morning and said he was coming down for a visit - then the next thing this guy knows is MY is found murdered - and JY is on his way to Brevard - I can see pops looking for a lawyer before JY even arrived. Not saying it happened but I have always had trouble believing this trip to Brevard was made because he was going to be in the area for work, stay over night with a big football game on a Saturday to boot. This visit to me has always been suspicious JMO.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5BIGFISH5 TO RAISINCHARLIE:

RaisinCharlie,

I think the NCSU Saturday game (homecoming, wasn't it?) may very well play into this yet.

Wonder IF Jason attended? I heard early on that he had season tickets. IF he didn't attend, wonder when he parted with those little gems?

Cheers!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SAMIYA TO ALL:

I just posted a new link re the laptop in the media links section.

This one is more clearly written than others

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

STRACH304 TO RAISINCHARLIE:

RC if you recall I said the very same thing some time ago about the trip to his parents but without any confirmation of that it's still speculation. Nothing about the trip to his parents makes any sense any way you spin it thus I believe he had just called that morning saying he'd be visiting because his business trip put him in the area. It actually didn't but that news report where it originated came from somewhere and very coincidental that the lawyer followed. I don't think his parents are gonna talk and admit it was a spur of the moment thing because it's incriminating to Jason and they know it.

I've said before some aspects look premeditated whereas others don't but just from what we know I can see where it could all tie in to cover up after the fact or the decision to do what he did came from that 11 o'clock phone call. The hold up could simply be forensics. Possibly he lucked out by noone seeing him return to the home. SP placed himself at Berkely just in case someone saw him. It wasn't unusual for Jason to be traveling for business. The fax seems like a ruse to have the body found and a dumb idea at that. If planned was that the best he could do? Le may have tons of evidence but what if they are waiting on forensics from the hotel Jason stayed at because they believe Michele's blood was there? That would be a smoking gun in the same way that Laci's body washed up near Berkely. No matter what that's something the jury won't get around for reasonable doubt imo.

My point of view is this; anything they put together from the computer and phone calls etc. proving he had an affair or affairs don't prove he killed Michele but they do prove motive. Any possibility of something else directly related to the crime like SP researching tide info not likely. They need something that places him there at the time of death. Then there's the forensics problem with this case as well. Finding his dna in the house is to be expected unlike say Laci's hair in the pliars of a boat she'd never been on. LE hasn't been showing his pic all over the news looking for witnesses that may have seen him which I find odd.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

STRACH304 TO 5BIGFISH5:

By then he already knew his wife was dead so I'm gonna say I don't think he attended.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5BIGFISH5 TO STRACH304: (in reply to post above)

Hi Strach304,

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he attended the game either. I would just like to know what he did with the tickets.

For instance, was he st00pid enough to sell them ahead of time?

Cheers!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5BIGFISH5 TO RAISINCHARLIE:

RaisinCharlie,

I think the NCSU Saturday game (homecoming, wasn't it?) may very well play into this yet.

Wonder IF Jason attended? I heard early on that he had season tickets. IF he didn't attend, wonder when he parted with those little gems?

Cheers!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
5bigfish5,

This deal about it being NCSU homecoming weekend and the big game is part of the reason I think JY's story kind of stinks. The one thing that might change my mind about the visit to his folks house is IF it were some very special occassion. I think this guy driving to Virginia (supposedly) on business and then going to his folks (4.5 to 5 hours away) to spend the night to return to Raleigh (5 more hours driving) is about as bogus as it gets - JMO.

IMO - I doubt he gave his tickets away - but if he did it kind of works against him - indeed it would be interesting to know but I doubt it would be significant in and of itself,maybe as one more small little piece in a picture.

RC if you recall I said the very same thing some time ago about the trip to his parents but without any confirmation of that it's still speculation. Nothing about the trip to his parents makes any sense any way you spin it thus I believe he had just called that morning saying he'd be visiting because his business trip put him in the area. It actually didn't but that news report where it originated came from somewhere and very coincidental that the lawyer followed. I don't think his parents are gonna talk and admit it was a spur of the moment thing because it's incriminating to Jason and they know it.

I only brought part of this over. I too remember early on that it was reported he stopped by his folks because his work had him in the area of his folks. As you know I have never considered Virginia to be in the area of his folks. I also recall Fussell saying JY told him at the funeral that he (JY) had gone to VA on business. It seems odd to me that this would even be discussed during a funeral which just did more to stir my suspicions. I don't know what is true but one thing I am strongly leaning to is that this trip to the folks was not something that was planned well in advance and totally innocently. IMO he either arranged it Thursday evening or Friday morning. Of course that's just my thought and may very well be entirely wrong - but no matter what - I do not buy all of his travels as being legitimate.

I think his family would not say anything - just based on pop's little explosion and at this point I am off the opinion they have some inkling although may be denying. I say that for two reasons - the trip to visit and the coincidental finding of his wife dead and IF Cassidy did see anything - by now that baby has IMO said something about it, maybe casually or during a period of wanting and missing her mother. Wonder if they are listening to her ? JMO of course.

BEE CHARMER

I agree with you. Exacty when JY retained an attorney sure
would be an interesting item to know. Unfortunately, I don't think that kind
of information would be deemed relevant if and when there is a trial.

During the Scott Peterson murder case, I always wondered exactly when
Ma and Pa Peterson arrived in Modesto. Especially after Ann's book came
out and she described a very hasty departure from their home in San Diego.
I always suspected they arrived during the night and retained an attorney
for Scott very early on. I will never know for sure though.......

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Bee Charmer,

Have you been busy ? Haven't see you in a while - hope you had a good holiday !

I quess when a person gets a lawyer is not relevant at trial but it does make us wonder. What I wonder about more in this case is that LE said they spoke to him briefly on the phone Friday. This makes me wonder why LE did not drag him in for questioning when the SUV was impounded or if they tried to speak to him at that time and were told he wasn't saying anything without a lawyer. This IF it happened may well come in at trial IF JY is arrested and taken to trial as LE often is called to the stand to establish interview information and results. So I think there is a possibility that when the lawyer was obtained will be easily figured out. I'm kind of thinking this did happen based on pop's comments to the reporter. JMO

Good Morning RC :)

I am off to bed early (lol 1am) but just wanted to let you know in case you haven't read the new news link I posted, it seems to be the returned warrant typed up and printed as a news article :)

Sami
*advertiser censored*

Samiya said:
Good Morning RC :)

I am off to bed early (lol 1am) but just wanted to let you know in case you haven't read the new news link I posted, it seems to be the returned warrant typed up and printed as a news article :)

Sami
*advertiser censored*
Will go check it immediately - thanks !

Sleep well, Grammy?:)

Well - there is confirmation that JY returned on Nov3 and that is exactly when the SUV was taken ! Now we know for sure - awesome

Good job Sami and thanks for posting this !!!!

raisincharlie said:
BEE CHARMER

I agree with you. Exacty when JY retained an attorney sure
would be an interesting item to know. Unfortunately, I don't think that kind
of information would be deemed relevant if and when there is a trial.

During the Scott Peterson murder case, I always wondered exactly when
Ma and Pa Peterson arrived in Modesto. Especially after Ann's book came
out and she described a very hasty departure from their home in San Diego.
I always suspected they arrived during the night and retained an attorney
for Scott very early on. I will never know for sure though.......

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Bee Charmer,

Have you been busy ? Haven't see you in a while - hope you had a good holiday !

I quess when a person gets a lawyer is not relevant at trial but it does make us wonder. What I wonder about more in this case is that LE said they spoke to him briefly on the phone Friday. This makes me wonder why LE did not drag him in for questioning when the SUV was impounded or if they tried to speak to him at that time and were told he wasn't saying anything without a lawyer. This IF it happened may well come in at trial IF JY is arrested and taken to trial as LE often is called to the stand to establish interview information and results. So I think there is a possibility that when the lawyer was obtained will be easily figured out. I'm kind of thinking this did happen based on pop's comments to the reporter. JMO
Hi RC, we have lots of family in for the holidays plus I'm in Baltimore and this city is in a "purple haze"...lol...since the Ravens are looking good for the Super Bowl. Hub's sister is a wheel for the PR department and we are sitting in a skybox for the game tomorrow night against the Bills, then on to the parties. I am looking forward to a nice rest when all
this hullabaloo is over, maybe sometime in February....lol.

I hope you and yours had a blessed Christmas and will have a Happy and Healthy New Year. Stay safe.

I agree with you, the timing of certain events sure has me wondering. I think you are right on about "Pop's" comments. Going to get real interesting
if there is a trial and he has to answer questions, under oath, put to
him by the DA.

Bee Charmer said:
Hi RC, we have lots of family in for the holidays plus I'm in Baltimore and this city is in a "purple haze"...lol...since the Ravens are looking good for the Super Bowl. Hub's sister is a wheel for the PR department and we are sitting in a skybox for the game tomorrow night against the Bills, then on to the parties. I am looking forward to a nice rest when all
this hullabaloo is over, maybe sometime in February....lol.

I hope you and yours had a blessed Christmas and will have a Happy and Healthy New Year. Stay safe.

I agree with you, the timing of certain events sure has me wondering. I think you are right on about "Pop's" comments. Going to get real interesting
if there is a trial and he has to answer questions, under oath, put to
him by the DA.
Wow - have a great time in that sky box ! Go Ravens! Got any blue crabs to munch on during the game ? I'm totally envious (my wife is from that area and I really like Maryland) ! Enjoy yourself ! Thanks for the holiday wishes - the same to you and your family and do stay safe !

raisincharlie said:
Wow - have a great time in that sky box ! Go Ravens! Got any blue crabs to munch on during the game ? I'm totally envious (my wife is from that area and I really like Maryland) ! Enjoy yourself ! Thanks for the holiday wishes - the same to you and your family and do stay safe !
Oh, where in Maryland? We live on the water, just off the
Chesapeake and during the summer catch the blues right off our pier. I'm sure your wife knows about Obrycki and Bo Brooks crab houses. Bo has a place by the Inner Harbor now. The very best crabs can be found at
both places.

http://www.obryckis.com/obr/stores/1/index.cfm

http://www.bobrooks.com/

talking about premeditated or not, i still think it was planned, & planned pretty well, IMO.....i think that someone DID see him in the neighborhood when he wasn't suppose to be there though....

don't you guys think that all forensic evidence is back by now???...maybe not??

raisincharlie said:

I only brought part of this over. I too remember early on that it was reported he stopped by his folks because his work had him in the area of his folks. As you know I have never considered Virginia to be in the area of his folks. I also recall Fussell saying JY told him at the funeral that he (JY) had gone to VA on business. It seems odd to me that this would even be discussed during a funeral which just did more to stir my suspicions. I don't know what is true but one thing I am strongly leaning to is that this trip to the folks was not something that was planned well in advance and totally innocently. IMO he either arranged it Thursday evening or Friday morning. Of course that's just my thought and may very well be entirely wrong - but no matter what - I do not buy all of his travels as being legitimate.

I think his family would not say anything - just based on pop's little explosion and at this point I am off the opinion they have some inkling although may be denying. I say that for two reasons - the trip to visit and the coincidental finding of his wife dead and IF Cassidy did see anything - by now that baby has IMO said something about it, maybe casually or during a period of wanting and missing her mother. Wonder if they are listening to her ? JMO of course.

right RC....i think the trip to the parents in Brevard was planned just prior to his leaving that Thursday night....i even think it was part of the murder plan...."honey, i'm going down to see my parents for a couple of days after my business meeting"......i don't think he got real far into VA though like some suspect....i think he just barely got over the state line when he called Michelle....course i'm still leaning toward him leaving the house that night around 8:30'ish...(thereabouts)....would be really nice to know IF the girlfriend (MY's g/f) saw him at some point while she was there to watch Grey's Anatomy.....that would give us all a better timeline to chew on, as far as what part of VA he was in when he made the 11 pm phone call.......i HAVE to believe he was in VA when he made that call...he'd be crazy to make it while still in Raleigh, IMO....

close_enough said:
talking about premeditated or not, i still think it was planned, & planned pretty well, IMO.....i think that someone DID see him in the neighborhood when he wasn't suppose to be there though....

don't you guys think that all forensic evidence is back by now???...maybe not??
I hope someone saw him Close - I really do. I'm not sure the forensics are back, the autopsy isn't complete yet either (that we know of). These warrants have shown a very logical and methodical approach by LE - right now I'm going to take their word that the lab is a hold up.

This most recent article however gives me lots of hope that JY did not have time to empty that SUV of his stuff before he came back to Raleigh - I'm hoping evidence was found inside the SUV or in/on articles within the SUV. The use of the words "comparison" and "collaboration" to witness statements also gives me pause to hope LE has quite a bit on JY.

I am wondering about the use of "identifications" and "participants" - wondering if this is a typo by the person who wrote this up or if it is word for word from the warrant. Thinking about LE going to Brevard to get fingerprints...studying now.:waitasec:

i still think the 911 tape & whatever MF told LE about what Cassidy was saying, put LE onto JY pretty fast....if i remember correctly, the Sheriff was pretty miffed, to say the least, about Cassidy being there alone....the fact that she might have seen 'something' would add to that anger, imo......

In the matter of: Gray Dell Latitude model D620

Submitted by Investigator B.T. David of the Wake County Sheriff’s Office Person Crimes Unit:

The computer was seized after a search of a 2004 Ford Explorer registered to Jason Young, the victim’s husband. Jason had driven the vehicle from 5108 Birchleaf Drive, Raleigh to Virginia. He left on November 2, 2006 and returned to Raleigh on November 3, 2006 in the Ford Explorer after being notified of his wife’s death. The vehicle contains papers identifying Jason Young as the owner of the vehicle.

The Wake County Sheriff’s Office seized the Ford Explorer shortly after Jason Young returned to Raleigh on November 3, 2006. Attempts have been made to have Jason Young assist in this investigation. He has refused to cooperate with the Wake County Sheriff’s Office.

Access to the computer’s hard drive will be used for the purpose stated above to include but not limited to:

• Obtaining financial records
• Correspondence with insurance companies
• Information to corroborate with witness’ statements
• To locate evidence to be compared with evidence already collected

Based on this affiant’s training and experience, it is believed the preceding facts establish probable cause to believe that the above-described items be located within the Dell Latitude model D620 laptop… will aid in the investigation and identifications of the possible participants in the crime of Homicide N.C.G.S. 14-17, occurring at 5108 Birchleaf Drive, in Raleigh, NC.

For these reasons, this affiant respectfully requests this warrant.

http://rdu.news14.com/content/headlines/?ArID=97253&SecID=2

posted this here so i won't have to keep flipping back to the other thread to read....

close_enough said:
i still think the 911 tape & whatever MF told LE about what Cassidy was saying, put LE onto JY pretty fast....if i remember correctly, the Sheriff was pretty miffed, to say the least, about Cassidy being there alone....the fact that she might have seen 'something' would add to that anger, imo......
miffed - change the m to a p and the ff to ss and I would wholeheartedly agree.

:)

raisincharlie said:
I hope someone saw him Close - I really do. I'm not sure the forensics are back, the autopsy isn't complete yet either (that we know of). These warrants have shown a very logical and methodical approach by LE - right now I'm going to take their word that the lab is a hold up.

This most recent article however gives me lots of hope that JY did not have time to empty that SUV of his stuff before he came back to Raleigh - I'm hoping evidence was found inside the SUV or in/on articles within the SUV. The use of the words "comparison" and "collaboration" to witness statements also gives me pause to hope LE has quite a bit on JY.

I am wondering about the use of "identifications" and "participants" - wondering if this is a typo by the person who wrote this up or if it is word for word from the warrant. Thinking about LE going to Brevard to get fingerprints...studying now.:waitasec:

if i'm not mistaken the word participants was plural in the other search warrants also....maybe that's standard wording???...i'll be completely stunned if someone was in on this with JY.....

close_enough said:
if i'm not mistaken the word participants was plural in the other search warrants also....maybe that's standard wording???...i'll be completely stunned if someone was in on this with JY.....
I'll look - back in a minute or two

11/3 - person or persons -A.W. Bumgardner

11/13- investigation and identifications of the possible participants-Brent David

11/21- identifications that will assist in identifying the person or persons -Ins Sternberg

11/30- identifications of the possible participants - Brent David

last warrant - identifications of possible participants - B.T. David

Looks like standard language to me - good observation Close

raisincharlie said:
I'll look - back in a minute or two

11/3 - person or persons -A.W. Bumgardner

11/13- investigation and identifications of the possible participants-Brent David

11/21- identifications that will assist in identifying the person or persons -Ins Sternberg

11/30- identifications of the possible participants - Brent David

last warrant - identifications of possible participants - B.T. David

Looks like standard language to me - good observation Close

yeah, i would guess that the wording has to be this way, otherwise it would appear/seem like LE is after one person alone, without a full investigation....

gosh, wouldn't it be wild though, if some old friend of JY's IS in on this?...i don't think that's the case though...like i said, i'll be stunned if it is...ya know, like some old friend of JY's back in Brevard.......

heck, LE will find out pretty quickly who all JY's talked to in the last few months, on a regular basis.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow