Identified! WA - Spokane, WhtMale 40-65, 362UMWA, 3 tattoos: Snake, Eagle, snake w/trees & panther/wolf, Jul'89 - Clifford Wayne Bippes

Kymistry35

It's never to late to be who you could have been
Reaction score
Website
bringushome.19.forumer.com
I know the age is way off, but both have a tattoo with a snake and panther in it, and the dates and height both match. Is it possible that the missing had tattoo's that his family didn't mention?

Case File 362UMWA

White Male

• Discovered on July 3, 1989 in Spokane County, Washington
  • Cause of death undetermined
  • Estimated date of death: June 1989

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 40 - 60 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'6" - 5'7"
  • Tattoos: There were 3 tattoos noted. Tattoo #1 was located on the right biceps region and was of a green, black and white appearing snake design. Tattoo #2 was located on the right forearm and was of a snake, a tree branch with green leaves, and an animal head that is possibly a panther. Tattoo #3 was located on the left forearm is an eagle, a portion of a tree top, and a mountain in the background.
Case History
The victim's body was unearthed by a bulldozerat a county dump site in the North side land fill on July 3, 1989.
Cause of death undetermined.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Doe Network:
Case File 888DMCA

James Dwayne Hooks
Missing since August 1, 1988 from Fontana, San Bernardino County, California.
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: March 25, 1963
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 25 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6"; 190 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; hazel eyes.
  • Tattoos: Hook has a tattoo on his upper right arm of a design of a snake and a panther.
  • Dentals: Not available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Hook was last seen August 1, 1988 in Fontana, California.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact: Fontana Police Department
909-350-7740

well, except for the fact that it says the victim was thought to be between 40-60, and the missing man was only 25...

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hooks_james.html

James Dwayne Hooks

Above: Hooks, circa 1988

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: August 1988 from Fontana, California
Date Of Birth: March 25, 1963
Height and Weight: 5'6, 190 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Hooks has a snake and panther design tattooed on his upper right arm.

Details of Disappearance

Hooks was last seen at his home in Fontana, California sometime during August 1988. He has never been heard from again. Few details are available in his case.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Fontana Police Department
909-829-7311

Source Information
California Attorney General's Office

I think they may have guessed at the older guys age in 1989.
Now this poor guy has few details.

I would send it to Charley project ,ask her if they were compared.This way you don't have to wonder and feel guilty.
Here is the email
administrator@charleyproject.org

Charley Project says it doesn't submit tips but I can't get on Doenetwork. It must be still down. Maybe she will have the email. Just ask her .

teonspaleprincess said:
Thanks cabinfever. I think I am going to call the tip line posted and pass it along, just in case.

Good for you catching this and not letting it just drop but passing it along just in case. Seriously, you never know.

Who would have thought that Joseph Duncan who was from the State of Washington, recaptured in I believe New Mexico, then finally caught again for another crime in Idaho, had lived in SD, was responsible for a 10 yo unsolved case in a small desert community in California? It was all about the timing and internet sleuths putting everything together and giving the lead to LE.

Congrats for your effort, teonsplaeprincess.

fran

Just wanted to let you all know that I spoke with a very nice lady in the Spokane office and she advised me that they are in the process of conducting a DNA test of James Dewayne Hooks and the John Doe. DNA from James' mother has been entered into the national database for comparison later on if this does not pan out. James' mother has viewed the John Does tattoo's and could not positively identify them as belonging to her son. The death investigator I spoke with does not believe that it is a match at this time, but we can all keep our fingers crossed. I also invited her here and told her how wonderful and dedicated you all are.

That is a good catch....Just looking at the picture, I would not guess that he was 25. He looks a lot older, but then again, it is a picture.

I never have any luck posting links from the Social Security Death Index, however there is a J D Hooks, born March 25, 1963 listed as deceased in April 1989. they would have to have found a body as it usually takes 7 years to declare someone dead and Hooks was missing less than one year.

the UID is still in Namus so it is safe to say that this UID was not James Dwayne Hooks:

https://identifyus.org/cases/490

The contact at the MedEx office in Spokane provided me with docs and pics associated with this case. I was able to create a facial reconstruction of this John Doe, and I deliberately made it a point to not reference the other artist's drawing of him when creating my own version. Upon completion, I took a look at the other artist's version, and was surprised at how similar they look.

We both depicted him as bald, since we have no information of his hairstyle. However, I do know he has some head hair, as there is a reference to a piece of scalp with hair attached that was found separate from the skull. No further description of the length or color of his scalp hair is available though.

There is a small piece of mummified flesh on the mandible that shows that he had shortly cropped facial hair. I believe I have the color and length of his facial hair pretty accurate.

Another interesting point is that the animal with the snake on his right forearm tattoo is described as "possibly a panther". I think it is supposed to be a wolf, not a panther, and I updated the thread title accordingly.

Keep in mind that since this depiction is based on skeletal remains, it is not intended to be an exact likeness. Rather, it is intended to be only an approximation of his appearance.

28947ffc-0b4b-4642-b0af-73d8390d06d0.jpg

I wonder if any of the tattoos (particularly the snake one) are the symbols of a biker gang.

I found this guy there really is no information.. but when he disappeared he had one eagle tattoo on his arm..it is possible he could of gotten more along the way.. if this is him..

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3319dmmd.html

William Henry Ellis
Missing since June 3, 1971 from Baltimore, Maryland

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: June 22, 1932
Age at Time of Disappearance: 39 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6"; 140 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; brown eyes.
Marks, Scars: Tattoo of an eagle on arm.
Clothing/Jewelry: Dark blue pants, dark shirt, blue sweater. Black shoes. Horseshoe ring, gold watch

WHEllis[1].jpg3d1c4f51-4faf-43f4-9527-7e4ca7709b2d[1].jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back