IN - Nancy Dyer for child endangerment, Indianapolis, 2006

Marie

Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?
Reaction score
Kids Taken, Mother Arrested After Child Found On Interstate

Police said the boy wandered out of a second-story apartment, down the stairs and about 200 yards to the road at about 9 a.m. He was clad in only a shirt and diaper, and gone for two hours.

Mom's 2yo daughter was found filthy and eating off the floor, while mom napped.

The "mother" says her place was a mess b/c she was unpacking. Yeah, when I move and unpack there is ofter poop on the walls.

I saw her on our local news last night - she looked completely strung out.

It's fortunate that this happened on a Saturday. In weekday/rush hour traffic, I fear the result would have been even more tragic.

Good luck trying to find the father. :rolleyes:

she seems as though she's given up and actually doesn't care.

thank goodness the children have been reached before it's too late for them because i have no doubt worse was to befall them.

Thank goodness that little guy was not injured. Im so glad those babies got taken away from that "mother" . I hope they lock her up and throw away the key. She is such a :loser: . There are so many people out there that cant have kids and scum like this can have kids and do them this way , it makes me :sick: .

2sisters said:
The "mother" says her place was a mess b/c she was unpacking. Yeah, when I move and unpack there is ofter poop on the walls.

:laugh: ROFLMAO yes me too and spaghetti on the floor too!

What a sad life for all of them. What do you want to bet she tries to get the kids back? Best thing for everyone would be for them to be placed in a loving home. Too bad, it is so hard to find those types of environments these days. I would also like to know what kind of support network the Mother has. Where is the Dad? Drugs have to be involved. People can sure make a mess of their lives, can't they?

Did you see that baby's diaper? It reminded me of that Family Guy episode where Peter was in charge of Stewie because Lois was incarcerated. Stewie's diaper was dragging along the floor. This poor little girl's diaper was to her ankles, and she was filthy. Beautiful child. Mother had been asleep for two hours and didn't know her autistic son was even gone??? Okay, the kids are babies and shouldn't be left unattended, and he's autistic. The report said she has to go to court to get her kids back. I hope she doesn't bother.

EW! Are you serious? I haven't read the links yet but I have moved over 15 times in my life and clutter is not the same thing as dookey on the walls. :doh:

2sisters said:

Hoping to find where the boy lived, Merritt, joined by Child Protective Services workers, went to the nearby Scarborough Lake Apartments. An assistant apartment manager directed them to the Dyer family's unit.
Their arrival woke Nancy Dyer up.
"Oh, he got out again," Merritt said she told him after hearing about her son's escape.
Dyer, who moved here from Florida about six months ago, told police she doesn't hear the children after she falls asleep on their one bed and had last seen Damon and her daughter, Gabriel, 2, just after midnight. Dyer told police she often used boxes to secure the apartment's door because Damon is able to unlock it, Merritt said. Whether she did so Friday night was unclear.
Merritt said Indianapolis police earlier last week were summoned to the area after the boy was seen running around a parking lot near his home unattended.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061231/LOCAL/612310322

I very much hope that this is a new beginning for those two babies.... :mad:

Let this be the worst day of their lives, and the best thing that ever happened to them!

Lynie

How does one secure a door with boxes????
Seems getting a keyed deadbolt would be a sure thing to keep the kids inside. I kept the key on a chain around my neck when locked.
I agree, those kids will be better off wthout her.

ETA: She looks really skanky, JMO.

This new article says that the mother last saw her children just after midnight.

Saturday morning. You have a 3-year-old and a 2-year-old. How do you not wake up? My kids used to be up at the crack of dawn when they were that age. If my husband and I were still asleep, the kids would crawl into bed with us, prying my eyelids open and saying, "Mommy, are you awake?" They would make such rackets that you coudn't stay asleep for long.

Was this woman stoned? Drunk? There's got to be more to it.

Mr. E said:
This new article says that the mother last saw her children just after midnight.

Saturday morning. You have a 3-year-old and a 2-year-old. How do you not wake up? My kids used to be up at the crack of dawn when they were that age. If my husband and I were still asleep, the kids would crawl into bed with us, prying my eyelids open and saying, "Mommy, are you awake?" They would make such rackets that you coudn't stay asleep for long.

I agree! Mine are 22 months apart and no way could I sleep once they awoke when they were 2 & 3. I had to laugh, mine would pull my eyelids open too!!!

Mr. E said:

She looked stoned and/or drugged on her way to jail. :banghead:

Now you guys are jumping to conclusions - maybe it's like dogs marking their territory. She wanted to be sure that when her little boy got out, he could find his way home. Food on the floor is in case she does over sleep so the kids can eat. Good grief, give the poor woman a break.
tongue.gif

:laugh:
Malapoo said:
Now you guys are jumping to conclusions - maybe it's like dogs marking their territory. She wanted to be sure that when her little boy got out, he could find his way home. Food on the floor is in case she does over sleep so the kids can eat. Good grief, give the poor woman a break.
tongue.gif
And the reason poopoo was on the wall was...???? :crazy:

OMG......how sad!!!! The mother looked like she's a crystal meth or crack user IMO.

I hope 2007 holds a safe and promising future for those 2 babies!

SadieMae said:
:laugh: And the reason poopoo was on the wall was...???? :crazy:
Silly, Mom figured that poo would carry a stronger (and therefore further) smell then peeing on the walls!

Those poor, poor babies. Wonder where their father(s) is/are, as this woman seems to be on her own with the children. I hope they are kept together in a wonderful loving home with someone capable of caring for them. I do hope we get to learn more details about this situation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back