GA - Elexis, 9, & James Hill, 4, stabbed to death, Bethlehem, 3 Jan 2007

angelwngs

Reaction score
Local Metro Atlanta news 11:00PM last evening broadcast the murder of two children ages 4 and 9 in Bethlehem, Georgia about 30 miles NE of Atlanta. A male in the home suffered superficial wounds to the head and was treated on the scene. The mother of the 2 children left the home and hitchhiked to the nearby town of Winder, Ga. At this time, no reports have indicated her being located and taken in for questioning concerning the deaths of her two children. Helicopters and law enforcement have been out in force all day today in downtown Winder, but citizens remain unsure of the nature of their presence as there has also been an incident involving a train accident in Winder today as well. Will update as we hear....

Hi angelwings. How terrible. It strikes the most sensitive part of my heart when little children are murdered as it may with most people. The story is confusing because it is not detailed. Please post with updates when you can. I'd like to know what happened and why.

Mother sought in death of her children
Victims' grandmother pleads for mother to surrender

By LATEEF MUNGIN
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 01/04/07

The paternal grandmother of two young kids stabbed to death in a Bethlehem home pleaded this morning for the children's mother to surrender to police.

"Please, I wish she would just turn herself in," said Patricia Hill, whose son James Hill is married to Felicia Belle Williams. "My grandbabies did not deserve this."

This morning authorities continued to search for Williams, also known as Felicia Hill. Williams, 26, is wanted for questioning in connection with the stabbing death of her 4-year-old son and 9-year-old daughter, said Barrow County Sheriff Chief Deputy Murray Kogod.

Authorities said the young children were found dead Wednesday afternoon in the home on Tanners Bridge Road south of the small town of Bethlehem. Williams' father, whose name has not been released, also was attacked but survived his injuries.

More at link

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/stories/2007/01/04/barrow0105.html

Thanks Southcitymom. All I had been able to document was from Tv news reports. I didn't check AJC before posting. Nothing yet on CNN online. I appreciate your update.

Thanks for starting the thread, heartbreaking as it is. Bethlehem is a sweet little town - so sad and tragic. I hope the mother turns herself in soon.

BETHLEHEM - Investigators say the mother of two slain children was in the home when they were stabbed to death, but authorities are stopping short of calling her a suspect in their murders.

While police only say they want to talk to Felicia Williams about what happened Wednesday night, the slain children's grandmother says her ex-daughter-in-law killed the children and fled.

The two children - 9-year-old Elexis Nicole Hill and her 4-year-old brother, James Ross Hill - were found stabbed to death following two Wednesday evening calls to the county's 911 center. Charles Barnes, the children's grandfather, suffered a head injury, but did not require medical treatment at a hospital.

"We don't know what happened in that house exactly, right now," Barrow County sheriff's Maj. Murray Kogod said. "And she was there. So, we are encouraging her to come speak with us. We want to talk to her about it. We want to know what she knows so that we can put the pieces together."

More at link (you may need to register--use bugmenot.com):
http://onlineathens.com/stories/010507/news_20070105057.shtml

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/metro/stories/2007/01/05/0105barrow.html

More at Atlanta Journal Constitution link above.

Local TV news last evening said the mother has a long history of drug use. Relatives interviewed are asking her to turn herself into authorities for questioning. LE in Barrow and Walton Counties are still looking for the mother, who has family/friend connections to both counties in Georgia.

Mother's life: Drugs and crime
Woman faces charges in slayings of her children
By Todd DeFeo | todd.defeo@onlineathens.com | Story updated at 12:03 AM on Saturday, January 6, 2007
WINDER - Five days before her children were found stabbed to death in a Bethlehem home, Felicia Belle Williams admitted to her probation officer that she had used crack cocaine two weeks earlier.

On the day authorities found the children's lifeless bodies, Barrow County Superior Court Judge David Motes gave Williams 30 days to enroll in a "substance abuse treatment program" for eight to 12 months. She was before the judge because she'd violated the terms of probation she'd received on burglary, theft and forgery convictions.

Williams now is a suspect in the murder of her two children - 9-year-old Elexis Nicole Hill and her 4-year-old brother, James Ross Hill. Investigators plan to charge her with murder and a slew of other charges, including possession of a knife and aggravated assault, Barrow County sheriff's Maj. Murray Kogod said.

Williams has been on the run since her children's deaths Wednesday, and police continue to follow up on leads.

More at link:
http://onlineathens.com/stories/010607/news_20070106062.shtml

I live on the next road from where this happened! It is an extremely small town, it's so hard to believe, and so sad for these two small kids to have their life ended so soon and so brutally.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/10681323/detail.html
Mother Of Two Dead Children Charged With Murder

POSTED: 4:14 pm EST January 5, 2007
UPDATED: 4:20 pm EST January 5, 2007

BETHLEHEM, Ga. -- Authorities said today that Felicia Williams has been charged with two counts of murder in the deaths of her two children in the Bethlehem community.

Major Murray Kogod of the Barrow County Sheriff's Department said Williams also was charged with two counts each of possession of a knife during the commission of a crime, aggravated assault under the family violence act, felony murder and cruelty to children in the first degree.

Kogod said authorities are still searching for Williams, who they say stabbed to death nine-year-old Elexis Nicole Hill and four-year-old James Ross Hill.

Kogod said a reward of three-thousand dollars is being offered to anyone who provides information that leads to the arrest of Williams.

Williams also was charged in the beating of her father at the family's home in northeast Georgia.

The father was found injured in the home on Wednesday after authorities traced a 911 call.

White Rain said:
I live on the next road from where this happened! It is an extremely small town, it's so hard to believe, and so sad for these two small kids to have their life ended so soon and so brutally.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/10681323/detail.html
Mother Of Two Dead Children Charged With Murder

POSTED: 4:14 pm EST January 5, 2007
UPDATED: 4:20 pm EST January 5, 2007

BETHLEHEM, Ga. -- Authorities said today that Felicia Williams has been charged with two counts of murder in the deaths of her two children in the Bethlehem community.

Major Murray Kogod of the Barrow County Sheriff's Department said Williams also was charged with two counts each of possession of a knife during the commission of a crime, aggravated assault under the family violence act, felony murder and cruelty to children in the first degree.

Kogod said authorities are still searching for Williams, who they say stabbed to death nine-year-old Elexis Nicole Hill and four-year-old James Ross Hill.

Kogod said a reward of three-thousand dollars is being offered to anyone who provides information that leads to the arrest of Williams.

Williams also was charged in the beating of her father at the family's home in northeast Georgia.

The father was found injured in the home on Wednesday after authorities traced a 911 call.
This is very sad.

I can't believe they haven't found her yet.Surely this is as importent as anything going on in Georgia.

concernedperson said:
I can't believe they haven't found her yet.Surely this is as importent as anything going on in Georgia.

There are rumors going around that she's hiding out somewhere in Monroe, GA which is another small town about 10 mins. from Bethlehem. In small towns people talk...I think she will be found soon, or at least I hope she will! Those poor kids..it just makes me sick!

Those poor little children. My heart goes out to their little souls. I can only imagine how the granddad feels knowing he not couldn't protect his grandchildren, but that it was his own daughter that did it. I hope they find her soon. This sounds like an odd case because of the out in the open violence toward her children and her father.

My goodness, how can she live with herself? Her time's coming. I hope the fear she is living with of being caught right now is climbing up her, giving her a tingling sensation down her spine. No child deserves to be murdered, especially at the hands of their own mother.

I posted about this same incident. Sorry! I didn't see that it had already been posted.
I live in the town where this happened, the very next street over.
I've heard rumors that the mom is hiding out in Monroe, GA which is about 10 mins. from Bethlehem, so maybe someone knows where she is and will spill the beans.

This gal must have been on something if she could over come her father. Those poor kids and the horror that they went through. Hope they catch her soon.

It sounds like spite to me. Maybe her parents told her that one of the few good things she did with her life was give them grandchildren? I think she was trying to cause as much pain to her parents as possible. :(

No new news on this lady yet. I wish she would hurry up and be found! Bethlehem and most of the towns in the vicinity are so small with the exception of Athens and Lawrenceville. I was so sure somebody would spill the beans by now. I'm thinking someone has to be hiding her out.

here's a little bit more info from the local newspaper:

http://barrowcountynews.com/news/stories/20070107/localnews/148508.shtml
Mother is sought in murder of her two children

148508-57094.jpg

Felicia Belle Williams

Posters announcing a $3,000 reward to the individual providing information leading to the arrest of a mother being sought in the death her two children are blanketing the area.

Barrow County Sheriff's Office Chief Deputy Murray Kogod said the investigation into the Wednesday stabbing deaths of 5-year-old James Ross Hill Jr., and 9-year-old Elexis Nicole Hill is continuing.

The children lived with one set of grandparents, the Barnes on Tanners Bridge Circle where the children were pronounced dead by Coroner David Crosby. Another set of grandparents lives nearby. Family and neighbors have been expressing their sadness at the senseless loss of the children.

Barrow County School officials and especially the leadership and faculty at Bethlehem Elementary School are bracing for Monday's return of children to the classroom after the holiday break. Elexis attended Bethlehem Elementary and a Friday faculty meeting included how the situation would be handled.

A warrant for aggravated assault had already been filed against Williams, who is accused of hitting her father, Charles Barnes, in the head with a vase, but she had only been called a person of interest in the slayings as the investigation was under way.

"Our investigation has progressed forward," said Kogod, in announcing Friday that additional warrants for Williams, including two counts each of murder and felony murder, had been filed in the children's deaths.

"First, on behalf of the Barrow County Sheriff's Office and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, I would like to thank the Barrow County community and the law enforcement agencies in the counties that surround Barrow County for their continued support and assistance in the investigation of this crime," said Kogod. "We are continuing to aggressively follow-up on all of the information that is coming into our office."

Additional warrants included two counts each of possession of a knife during the commission of a crime, aggravated assault under the Family Violence Act and cruelty to children in the first degree

"As a result of the generous support of our local businesses, we are now able to offer a reward of $3,000 to the individual that provides information that leads to the arrest of Felicia Williams," said Kogod, hopeful the reward will entice an individual to provide Williams' whereabouts.

With suspicions that Williams will be hiding with friends and /or family in the Winder or Monroe area, law enforcement officers from around Barrow are assisting. Family members say drugs likely were a factor in the attacks.

Kogod reiterated the assistance of the GBI has played a major role in the early investigation. "The GBI has been truly helpful," said Kogod, explaining the additional manpower has been needed with some lawmen working 40 straight hours on the case.

Law enforcement responded to the home to check on a 911 hangup and another 911 call which left an open line through which a dispatcher could hear someone saying someone was bleeding. At the house, the scene was discovered and the neighborhood's generally peaceful atmosphere was shattered.

Coroner Crosby said the scene was the worse situation he has worked in his 12 years as coroner. The bodies of the children, who died from multiple stab wounds, were transported to the State Crime Lab by Deputy Coroner Ronnie Hutchins as Crosby went home to hug his young children.

Funeral arrangements will be announced later by Eberhart & Son Mortuary. A trust fund has been established in the children's names at The National Bank in Walton County. For information, call Kim Malcom at The National Bank at (770) 267-6511. Also, the Winder Wal-Mart has set up a trust fund in the children's names at Community Bank and Trust in Winder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back