Michelle Young: Pregnant Mom murdered NC part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samiya

Inactive
Reaction score
Here's the link to the N&O report "Blood reported in husband's SUV"

http://www.newsobserver.com/102/story/529376.html

1 It's also been confirmed in this report that Jason's attorney requested it's return.
2 Smith picked up the SUV on Thursday.
3 They're also using the term 'droplet'.
4 Stated that Cassidy's footprints were found 'thoughout' the house
5 Donnie still wants Jason to talk with investigators
6 "Some sort of relationship" with a woman in Florida.
7 They're still interviewing people and following leads.
8 "Does not mean that the dept is any closer to making an arrest or naming a suspect." states Phyllis Stephens, WCSO spokeswoman.

Sami

I think this is the one that gives the most info :)

Reposting this response from the tail end of 8 (thanks Sami) and as promised:

Scandi said:
... Each killer had something he wanted to accomplish above and beyond the actual killing. With Robb it was wiping out her identity. He left her virtually with no face. He despised or really hated her I think. With Michelle's murder, he wanted to wipe out the control her brain had on him. So smart, decicive in details and most likely very logical but pointed in her thoughts, he wanted to especially kill that part of who she was. With both men, this is what was the main threat to their own future wellbeing. And that is why they each killed the way they did.

Just thinkin' away! LOL

Scandi, you raise a point similar to (or remind me of) a few days ago. I don't know if you saw my post, but the thread closed and I had to run ... but what I wrote about was what I thought about the relationships between Michelle and Jason, Michelle and her father, Jason and his father, and Jason and his stepfather.

I suspect that Michelle's natural father was abusive and this is supported by Michelle, Meredith (her myspace) and Linda Fisher's reluctance to associate with him. If this is true, Michelle would have made a point of trying to avoid men like that, although it would have been in her nature to gravitate towards those types of men. I think that women are attracted towards men with similar characteristics as fathers, boyfriends, husbands; even if they are sometimes domineering - they can't help but be attracted to the confident, golden-boy, facade that is the double-edged sword.

It is also possible that Jason's father was domineering. I'm speculating on this because his stepfather has clearly been telling Jason what to do and what not to do. In fact, he has taken charge of Jason regarding getting a lawyer and even with the media, to some degree. He probably told Jason to come home until it all blows over and Jason listened. I think you asked whether he might be in law enforcement. I think at the very least he is a vietnam war vet and prone to giving direction to people. I also think Jason's natural father could be equally domineering if he were in the picture.

I think it's possible that both Michelle and Jason wanted to avoid domineering or abusive people and had probably discussed the presence of those personality types in their families. However, I also think that they were both a little prone to interacting with domineering personalities in ways that may have been both exciting and unhealthy - and I'm completely speculating here. I wonder if they both wanted to get away from people like that and found each other, but had unfortunately absorbed some of the personality traits common in abusive or domineering people.

If I recall, Michelle was instantly attracted to Jason in the bar ... she was the centre of the party and he was the wall flower. Jason was withdrawn, Michelle was outgoing ... but both personality traits were probably coping mechanisms for a social imbalance that they felt in their childhoods. Much as they wanted to avoid domineering people, they would have been drawn to each other. A certain competitiveness would have seeped into their lives in terms of academic credentials, financial superiority, ability to manage it all, day to day conversation with jokes being both jokes and put-downs ... funny put-downs but not really funny. I think that they were attracted to the dangerous part of each other but believed they could control it, or perhaps control it in each other.

I can see that this combination would have worked on the facade - that golden boy/golden life/golden future would have been very attractive to everyone (including friends of Michelle that sought to boost their own self-esteem by seducing her husband). I also suspect that beneath the facade there was a lot of tension because it appears that Michelle was able to manage it all, was more financially (career) stable and definitely had the "made for success" academic credentials.

Michelle, like Jason, was very bright and she would have sensed a marital problem in August, just prior to his fling with her sorority sister. Michelle's pregnancy may have been related to a sense that Jason was straying (just speculating) because the timing was right.

I can see that Jason would have had tension building for a long time; probably since the time Michelle became pregnant, he changed jobs, he had the fling/affair, and was he faced with the prospect of supporting his family without Michelle's income (up against the wall). I also think that he was afraid of any jokes or redicule that would have resulted from him floundering. I think he would have lost face if he couldn't pull it off.

Okay, that's a little more long winded than the first time I wrote it, but the gist is there ... obliterating one's partner due to a fear of one's own failure being reflected by the partner.

In my opinion, Scott Peterson suffered from this problem (his business was failing with a baby on the way), Mark Hacking had the same problem (about to be revealed as an academic fraud and a baby on the way) ... and I haven't followed enough cases to really make more connections but I bet you can name a few more. Maybe that's all it comes down to with men that murder their pregnant wives ... just a really big fear of failure and loss of "golden boy status" in the eyes of their friends, family, and lover - who have put them on a pedestal they never felt they deserved.

Hi Otto,

Also figuring in there somewhere is the husband's loss of 'wife's number one male' status to a son. I'm not sure what Mark Hacking's baby was, but Laci's was a boy. Heaven forbid the 'husband' should come 'second best' to another 'male' in his wifes life :( It happens alot, just not every man kills over it, they just tend to be broody and jealous.

Sami

Samiya said:
Hi Otto,

Also figuring in there somewhere is the husband's loss of 'wife's number one male' status to a son. I'm not sure what Mark Hacking's baby was, but Laci's was a boy. Heaven forbid the 'husband' should come 'second best' to another 'male' in his wifes life :( It happens alot, just not every man kills over it, they just tend to be broody and jealous.

Sami

Hey and I would tend to agree. Men can become both territorial and threatening at the same time, over a son. I don't see it just as jealousy, but maybe Shakespeare had it right with Romeo: either us together, or us dead - no middle ground. I suppose that men sometimes think they can impose an "all or nothing" on women where "home safe" isn't very big.

Kudos to the son that makes it!

Per the above article ---

Johnson testified to a magistrate that there appeared to be a blood droplet on the seat behind the driver's seat and a dark spot consistent with a blood droplet on the exterior of the driver's side door.

Interesting to see if that is blood and, especially, whose blood. Did Cassidy ride in the SUV BEFORE she was wiped clean of her mother's blood - maybe she transferred the blood to the back seat.

OR, possibly, maybe that is where JY placed the murder weapon.

In any event, "here we go again with the tiny droplets of blood".

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2004/09/15/BAG0L8P4VT1.DTL
Some of that blood was found on the door of Peterson's truck, while four spots were barely visible on the couple's comforter cover. Kyo said during cross examination that the spots on the comforter were only5 millimeters across, and that she could not tell how old they were.

poco said:
Per the above article ---

Johnson testified to a magistrate that there appeared to be a blood droplet on the seat behind the driver's seat and a dark spot consistent with a blood droplet on the exterior of the driver's side door.

Interesting to see if that is blood and, especially, whose blood. Did Cassidy ride in the SUV BEFORE she was wiped clean of her mother's blood - maybe she transferred the blood to the back seat.

OR, possibly, maybe that is where JY placed the murder weapon.

In any event, "here we go again with the tiny droplets of blood".

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2004/09/15/BAG0L8P4VT1.DTL
Some of that blood was found on the door of Peterson's truck, while four spots were barely visible on the couple's comforter cover. Kyo said during cross examination that the spots on the comforter were only5 millimeters across, and that she could not tell how old they were.
I would agree with Raisin that Cassidy would've been checked out medically. After any evidence, if any, was taken from her person, she would've been bathed immediately after.......before Jason arrived back to collect her. :)

Sami

Samiya said:

1 It's also been confirmed in this report that Jason's attorney requested it's return.
8 "Does not mean that the dept is any closer to making an arrest or naming a suspect." states Phyllis Stephens, WCSO spokeswoman.

Sami

Good Morning Sami.

The part of the list I find intriguing is that JYs lawyer asked for the SUV to be returned. Imo, either he had gotten reports that the "blood" wasn't blood at all or he fully believes Jason when he probably told him there was nothing in the SUV to find.

I am convinced if the SUV had any evidence found in/on it that is pertaining to this case JYs lawyer could have requested its return until the cows come home and it would never be granted.

You also bring up a good point in another post about male territorial dominance and men not wanting a male child. Personally, I find that so puzzling because over the years I have often seen fathers who seemed disappointed they weren't having a son but a daughter instead. In fact at times it has bothered me greatly that some fathers dont seem to be that excited if they are having a girl baby but are if they are having a male. Of course once they are born and the child ages, men tend to be closer to their female children and a mother closer to their sons imo.

IMO

Ocean

Samiya said:

Sami

From the article, "The home is registered to Michelle's mother, Linda Fisher. Fisher declined to comment Friday night."

Is this a typo...home or should it be vehicle? In any case it is interesting that it is in Linda Fishers name

concernedperson said:
From the article, "The home is registered to Michelle's mother, Linda Fisher. Fisher declined to comment Friday night."

Is this a typo...home or should it be vehicle? In any case it is interesting that it is in Linda Fishers name

Hi Sweet Lady!

From what I understand the vehicle was picked up at Merideth's residence. I guess Jason had returned to pick Cassidy up. The home where she lives is owned by LF.

IMO

Ocean

oceanblueeyes said:
Hi Sweet Lady!

From what I understand the vehicle was picked up at Merideth's residence. I guess Jason had returned to pick Cassidy up. The home where she lives is owned by LF.

IMO

Ocean

Gotcha! Must have missed this early on. Thanks for the clarification.

concernedperson said:

It's not a typo Close - the house where Meredith lives is titled to Linda Fisher.

I will suggest that the detention and ultimate impounding of JY's vehicle at this location is the begining point for the rift between the two families. Cassidy would have been with Meredith, the fact that JYs vehicle was at Meredith's house when impounded suggests he came there to get Cassidy. LE knew he was returning to Raleigh that evening, more than likely they were present when he arrived. I suspect he was not a happy camper over it, it had been a long day (the warrant suggests the vehicle was detained upon arrival after midnight and impounded about 4 am)...and we know pop was definitely not the least bit happy. JMO.

raisincharlie said:
It's not a typo Close - the house where Meredith lives is titled to Linda Fisher.

I will suggest that the detention and ultimate impounding of JY's vehicle at this location is the begining point for the rift between the two families. Cassidy would have been with Meredith, the fact that JYs vehicle was at Meredith's house when impounded suggests he came there to get Cassidy. LE knew he was returning to Raleigh that evening, more than likely they were present when he arrived. I suspect he was not a happy camper over it, it had been a long day (the warrant suggests the vehicle was detained upon arrival after midnight and impounded about 4 am)...and we know pop was definitely not the least bit happy. JMO.
This might seem silly, but I do wonder if Jason expected to be able to just pick up Cassidy and 'blow the joint'. Bet he was stunned to find that that wasn't going to happen in a hurry.

lol, jmo

Sami

Samiya said:
This might seem silly, but I do wonder if Jason expected to be able to just pick up Cassidy and 'blow the joint'. Bet he was stunned to find that that wasn't going to happen in a hurry.

lol, jmo

Sami
Sami,

I don't think Jason expected to see LE waiting for him - if he had he would have unloaded that SUV before he ever got to Meredith's house IMO. From the N & O article you posted - very near the bottom it says this is the only contact he has had with LE.

I failed to respond to your information about the Hampton Inn confirmation. I did go back and look at the 5108 Birchleaf warrant. The hotel confirmation is dated 9/5 - 9/8. The hotel receipt found in the SUV for the Hampton does not list a date so I am not sure there is a correlation between the two. I'm not even sure it relates to the nite of 11/2, probable but without a date - just not sure. ETA wouldn't it be a kick if this receipt had a check in date before 11/2?

However I go back to the supposed time frame when MM and he met up - which was supposedly in September...hmmm.:crazy:

ETA - I also noted in this warrant that the two phones found were both Samsung units with different service providers but the phones were the same color and description. I finally believe they both belong to JY.

raisincharlie said:
Sami,

I don't think Jason expected to see LE waiting for him - if he had he would have unloaded that SUV before he ever got to Meredith's house IMO. From the N & O article you posted - very near the bottom it says this is the only contact he has had with LE.

I failed to respond to your information about the Hampton Inn confirmation. I did go back and look at the 5108 Birchleaf warrant. The hotel confirmation is dated 9/5 - 9/8. The hotel receipt found in the SUV for the Hampton does not list a date so I am not sure there is a correlation between the two. I'm not even sure it relates to the nite of 11/2, probable but without a date - just not sure. ETA wouldn't it be a kick if this receipt had a check in date before 11/2?

However I go back to the supposed time frame when MM and he met up - which was supposedly in September...hmmm.:crazy:

ETA - I also noted in this warrant that the two phones found were both Samsung units with different service providers but the phones were the same color and description. I finally believe they both belong to JY.
lol, now how did I miss that.....

Must be all my late nights
crazy1.gif
some day I am going to go to bed well before 4am. It's only just after 2am.

Need coffee.

Sami

In the spirit of fairness, I am posting the following link. This link was found and posted by Listening Post over at CTV. I have not pulled anything over except this link as CTV TOS prohibits pulling posts to another forum, I have doubts they can prohibit the posting of the link however.

http://www.timesnews.net/article.php?id=3691596

This article provides a potential reason for why JY may indeed have been in Duffield VA for a meeting at some time after 25 October 2006. This link in no way confirms a meeting on 11/3 - it only suggests a possibility for why JY may have gone to Duffield. I also noted Scout concluded the Get it Market, gas purchase 11/3, could have been the one located in Duffield. So to be fair, have at it.

It seems to me that JY spent a fair amount of time with MF, whether he planned on it or not, when he went to pick up C. I hope MF took good notes, I imagine they talked about more than the weather.

5bigfish5
Registered User Join Date: Jan 2006

Nothing really new on the 11 o'clock news.

WTVD showed the footage from the funeral again. The guy between the cameraman and JY was blurred out, does anyone remember it being like that before? I don't. I know I have seen that same footage 10-15 times.

Why would he be blurred out now? Wonder who it is.

TIA.

i'm guessing that the guy got tired of everyone maybe thinking he was JY....lol, i know the first couple of times i saw the footage, it was hard to see JY due to this guy being in front (over to the side) of JY.....

i think we're talking about the same funeral footage.....kinda nice lookin guy w/sunglasses on....

raisincharlie said:
In the spirit of fairness, I am posting the following link. This link was found and posted by Listening Post over at CTV. I have not pulled anything over except this link as CTV TOS prohibits pulling posts to another forum, I have doubts they can prohibit the posting of the link however.

http://www.timesnews.net/article.php?id=3691596

This article provides a potential reason for why JY may indeed have been in Duffield VA for a meeting at some time after 25 October 2006. This link in no way confirms a meeting on 11/3 - it only suggests a possibility for why JY may have gone to Duffield. I also noted Scout concluded the Get it Market, gas purchase 11/3, could have been the one located in Duffield. So to be fair, have at it.

interesting......seems Scout & LP are on the right 'trail'....very possible

close_enough said:
interesting......seems Scout & LP are on the right 'trail'....very possible
I agree, as you know Scout is very astute, and it is obvious that LP did a great deal of searching to refine this. I would not be surprised if this location turns out to be correct. Duffield is a bit off the beaten track with respect to major highways - the odds for this new venture and a Get it Market in the same area tends to strongly suggest this as a possible location for a meeting and the client he possibly met with.

This is a good distance from Raleigh - 320 miles roughly. It is also within 3 hours maximum from Duffield to Brevard. Closer (no pun intended!) than Raleigh but I'm still not sure it is a matter of convenience to go to Brevard considering that weekend was homecoming for NCSU and there was the "big game" on Saturday. For some reason I go back to the thought I had a long time ago - JY left Raleigh well before the friend(s) arrived, maybe even possibly before MY got home from work...JMO

raisincharlie said:
I agree, as you know Scout is very astute, and it is obvious that LP did a great deal of searching to refine this. I would not be surprised if this location turns out to be correct. Duffield is a bit off the beaten track with respect to major highways - the odds for this new venture and a Get it Market in the same area tends to strongly suggest this as a possible location for a meeting and the client he possibly met with.

This is a good distance from Raleigh - 320 miles roughly. It is also within 3 hours maximum from Duffield to Brevard. Closer (no pun intended!) than Raleigh but I'm still not sure it is a matter of convenience to go to Brevard considering that weekend was homecoming for NCSU and there was the "big game" on Saturday. For some reason I go back to the thought I had a long time ago - JY left Raleigh well before the friend(s) arrived, maybe even possibly before MY got home from work...JMO

well, i just don't know what to think RC.....i keep going back to the rumor/statement from an 'insider' of an 11 pm phone call....i keep going back to the rumor from a neighbor about a delivery person seeing JY's vehicle, when it should have been on the road elsewhere......i just don't think a hitman was involved....there's something that's got LE stumped, imo....(about the timeline/business meeting)...thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow