PA PA - Jennifer Barziloski, 18, Edwardsville, 23 June 2001

Rle7

Reaction score
Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: June 23, 2001 from Edwardsville, Pennsylvania
Classification: Endangered Missing
Height and Weight: 5'6, 120 - 135 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Barziloski has a tattoo of a half-moon with tribal writing on her right forearm and a tattoo of the letters "W" and "M" interlocking in a diamond shape on the back of her neck. Her ears are pierced and she smoked cigarettes at the time of her disappearance. Barziloski's nickname is Jenny.

bar.jpg

Details of Disappearance
Barziloski was reportedly last seen by her sister's boyfriend, Steven Allan Martin, when he dropped her off outside of the C Majors Bar on Main Street in Edwardsville, Pennsylvania on June 23, 2001. She has never been heard from again. Martin stated that Barziloski would often travel to the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania area without telling anyone, and he theorized that perhaps she went there the day of her disappearance. Authorities stated that there was no evidence besides Martin's word that Barziloski was at the C Majors Bar on the day of her disappearance.

Curiously, Martin is also connected to another Pennsylvania missing persons case; he is the last person who spoke to Phylicia Thomas before she disappeared from from Lake Township on February 11, 2004. There is no evidence to implicate Martin in either woman's disappearance. Some media accounts suggested that Thomas and Barziloski's cases were connected, but authorities have found nothing to support this hypothesis beyond the fact that Martin was the last person known to have contact with them. He is, however, considered a person of interest in both cases.

Martin was involved in a police chase in December 2004 which resulted in the death of an innocent bystander. He was sentenced to ten and a half years in prison as a result. In August 2005, a month after arriving at the prison, he hung himself in his cell. Prison staff cut him down and he was taken to the hospital, where he died. He maintained his innocence in Thomas and Barziloski's cases until the end and referred to Barziloski in a letter he wrote to her sister days before he died, stating he hoped the police would eventually find out her fate. Barziloski's disappearance is considered suspicious. Her case remains unsolved.

bar.jpg
Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Pennsylvania State Police
Troop P
570-697-2000

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/barziloski_jennifer.html

Wow....So Phylicia and Jennifer were FRIENDS??? I wonder why they don't state that on the Charley Project page. Also, Jennifers went missing in 2001, but under her photo, it says "circa 2004". I guess it's just a typo.

Very interesting that these two girls knew each other.

It didn't say on their Charley Project pages because I, the webmaster, didn't know. I will update their casefiles -- eventually -- I've got 135 updates in the queue right now. I will fix the typo too.

Did not see this listed. Please delete if it is a duplicate

State police in Luzerne County have asked the families of two missing women to provide dental records after human remains were found Friday near Sweet Valley.

State police confirmed they have asked the families of Phylicia Thomas and Jennifer Barziloski for dental records. Thomas disappeared in 2004 and Barziloski has been missing since 2001. The bones were found not far from where Thomas lived.

More here

Those 2 young boys were very smart not to touch anythng and get mom to call police.
2 families will get some closure now.
After all those years and now found.

http://kdka.com/wireapnewsfnpa/Skull.found.in.2.1628107.html

Apr 12, 2010 6:02 pm US/Eastern

WILKES-BARRE, Pa. (AP) ― A human skull found in a northeastern Pennsylvania forest has been identified as that of a woman missing since June 2001.

State police say 18-year-old Jennifer Barziloski of Lake Township was last seen outside a bar in Edwardsville.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Rest in Peace Jennifer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni