FL - Judge sees victim's picture, asks "Why would you rape HER?"

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Judge: Rape Victim Is 'No Day At Beach'
Prosecutors May Ask For Judge To Be Removed

Prosecutors in Seminole County say they might ask a veteran judge to be removed from a rape case because of comments the judge made about the victim.

Court records indicate Circuit Judge Gene Stephenson made the comment earlier this week while looking at a photograph of the victim. The record quotes the judge as saying, "Why would he want to rape her? She doesn't look like a day at the beach."

Stephenson says he doesn't remember making the comment. But it's in the record.

Suspect Brian Joseph Huffman is charged with beating and raping the woman on New Year's Eve of 2002. He faces life in prison if convicted.

The victim was a 57-year-old woman, who says the judge's comments are "appalling."

Story from Local6

Further to that article ~ I just read that the judge formally apologized to the rape victim in Court and removed himself from the Bench in this case.

Well, I'm glad he did do that much...but it is just horrifying. That poor woman did not deserve such cruelty on top on rape, for cryin' out loud!.

What an aHOLE of a judge that guy is! Again furthering the misconception that RAPE has anything whatever to do with sex! What a moron. :furious: :furious:

LP Moderator said:
What an aHOLE of a judge that guy is! Again furthering the misconception that RAPE has anything whatever to do with sex! What a moron. :furious: :furious:

Agree 100% with you!!!! Some of the are appointed for life and make hugh $$$$. He needs to be taken off the bench for good.

What an a$$hole this guy is!:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

(looking ashamed) uhm... I laughed at that cause uhm.... it was kinda funny.
:slap:

sansoucie said:

You think it's funny that the Judge made a comment about the rape victim's attractiveness?

sansoucie said:
:eek:
I don't see any humor in it. You should be ashamed.

Well guys, you know if you saw it in a sketch on Saturday Night Live you'd crack up and roll down the aisle. I think that is what Sansoucie meant.

See in the sketch she could walk up to the judge in court and whap him over the head with her purse, you know . . . . . . .

He is a Doofinagle after all, or I could call him a D___ B______ too! LOL I am thankful he removed himself and apologized - she should sue him for sexual harassment!

Scandi

It's terrible that a judge would make such an insensitive comment, who does he think should be RAPED? Does he want to show him pictures of his children maybe?
Does he think rape is connected to finding a female attractive? If he does then he needs to get himself back to the real world. Rape is about violence, it's not about finding anybody attractive. It's not having a crush on someone and not able to control yourself.
Not only was this woman a victim, she also now has this added insult from a judge making it sound like she's entered a beauty contest and had no reason being there.
If anybody thinks it's funny.... then feel free to send the rapist or the judge pictures of your wives, mothers or daughters and ask them if they are pretty enough to have the courtesy of being raped, maybe then you can have a good chuckle.

I've done a little checking, this wonderful judge is paid 134,650 a year. His term is up in 2007.

If anybody wishes to send him comments mailing address is
Gene Stephenson
301 N. Park Ave
Sanford, FL 32771

Phone #407-665-4269

jstephen@co.seminole.fl.us

Old Broad said:
It's terrible that a judge would make such an insensitive comment, who does he think should be RAPED? Does he want to show him pictures of his children maybe?
Does he think rape is connected to finding a female attractive? If he does then he needs to get himself back to the real world. Rape is about violence, it's not about finding anybody attractive. It's not having a crush on someone and not able to control yourself.
Not only was this woman a victim, she also now has this added insult from a judge making it sound like she's entered a beauty contest and had no reason being there.
If anybody thinks it's funny.... then feel free to send the rapist or the judge pictures of your wives, mothers or daughters and ask them if they are pretty enough to have the courtesy of being raped, maybe then you can have a good chuckle.
:clap: very well said.

Just glad you can't kick me from where you are LOL! It's not funny that she was raped. Duh.I figured that would be obvious. It's one of those roll your eyes and chuckle comments from the judge. If I was there, as an attorney, I would have done exactly that.... rolled my eyes and chuckled.

Have you been able to get the panties unwadded yet? :croc: :croc:

Old Broad.. thank you for your post... and the address of that jerk.. I will drop them a line and enclose my photo asking if I look good enough to be raped. :fuming: :mad:

sansoucie... one day it could happen to you, remember your words on this thread.

I sent an e-mail to the judge last night, will be curious to see if I get a response, I doubt I will.

I seriously doubt lawyers in the court room were rolling their eyes and laughing at this ignorant comment, wasn't it an attorney who complained about this in the first place?

Perhaps some people have never known a rape victim, and are unaware they come in all types. The first victim I knew was a teenage boy who was not capable of speaking and could not walk, he was disabled in many ways and had no way to defend himself when his mothers boyfriend raped him. If you can find humor in this, please let us all in on the joke.

There is a time and a place for everything, including humor.
There is also a time and a place for respect and if a victim can not find that in a court of law I believe the judge who is ruling that court room to be in the wrong. He is not earning his salary for bringing bathroom chuckles to his audience.

For anyone worried about my panties, they are quite fine thank you, neatly folded and put away right where they should be. :)

sansoucie said:
Just glad you can't kick me from where you are LOL! It's not funny that she was raped. Duh.I figured that would be obvious. It's one of those roll your eyes and chuckle comments from the judge. If I was there, as an attorney, I would have done exactly that.... rolled my eyes and chuckled.

Nope... not even close. I think I would have asked him if he bought his law degree from WalMart. This offender is facing LIFE for rape. That means he has done it before. Most likely he's on the street this time because his last victim was too attractive and seductively "asking for it." :eek: In reality this judge probably held down some dates in college who didn't think he was any "day at the beach" and forced them to appreciate his manliness. Sort of like the judges that keep giving walks to drunk drivers since they hammer down a few each night before heading home to the grind... the poor rich bastards. :loser:

Think that's most likely how he left her? You know... the non "day at the beach"?

sansoucie said:

It's not a roll eyes and chuckle moment. Show some compassion.
BTW-How old are you? 14?

ROFL @ Old Broad. At least you have your head on straight and don't get all wadded over a thread on the internet.

Casshew, Remember my words? Sure. I will remember them.Maybe you should read them without inserting your own attitude, baggage, whatever.

I am so devastated by the 14 yr old remark. ( uh oh, rolling eyes again) If you want to believe I am 14, have at it.

It would be nice to find an internet community that was not so uptight. I find humor in most things. It gets me by in life and keeps my panties where they should be. The judge being a moron is obvious, I didn't think I had to point that out. So you think I am devoid of compassion? You're probably right on most accounts. I won't deny that .It takes all kinds of people to make the world twirl and it is what makes me excellent at my job.If there weren't people like me out therethe beautiful compassionate people would have to do things they find distasteful.

This being a public forum you may bash me all you want.I kind of get a kick out of imagining you there getting all angry over some little black letters on your screen. You may be wasting your time though, as I don't take to heart what people say on a msg board.

I have a great interest in crime and criminality. Unfortunately I see a lot of news reporting here and much whining. I did like the thread about the lonely old man. That's the kind of compassion I wish I had.

sansoucie said:
Casshew, Remember my words? Sure. I will remember them.Maybe you should read them without inserting your own attitude, baggage, whatever.
Rape is a widespread crime, extremely common, one day it will happen to someone you know, a friend, a sister, a coworker a neighbour.. then you can really laugh it up wondering why they were attractive enough to warrant it.

This is a forum.. and my attitude can be inserted anywhere I choose..

Fortunately, there are many more with attitudes like mine - not to revictimize a victim - there there are like yours, to knock someone when they are down.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back