Leash Rage

An elderly man out walking his dog on Sunday afternoon was punched and kicked by a group who took exception to his border collie being off the leash in a Melbourne reserve.

Although the 73-year-old was walking in a council nominated "off the leash" area of in Boronia Grove Reserve, East Doncaster, he was abused by two men and a woman carrying a baby who demanded he put his dog back on its leash.

One of the attackers threatened to set his pit bull on the victim's border collie if he did not comply.

OMG Dingo, a 73 yr old man, he is going to be too frightened to leave his home.
Crikey he was just walking his dog fgs.

What is wrong with people? :furious:

Thats what I wonder Shelly....Poor old man proberly really enjoyed being out with his dog.
Im fairly certain that pitties must be leashed at all times(will try to look that up).....the idiots were proberly peed off that the collie could run free but their killing machine couldnt:mad: .
Pitbulls must be leashed and muzzled when in a public place
http://www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/info.cfm?top=6&pa=523&pg=528

Shelly Beach said:
An elderly man out walking his dog on Sunday afternoon was punched and kicked by a group who took exception to his border collie being off the leash in a Melbourne reserve.

Although the 73-year-old was walking in a council nominated "off the leash" area of in Boronia Grove Reserve, East Doncaster, he was abused by two men and a woman carrying a baby who demanded he put his dog back on its leash.

One of the attackers threatened to set his pit bull on the victim's border collie if he did not comply.

OMG Dingo, a 73 yr old man, he is going to be too frightened to leave his home.
Crikey he was just walking his dog fgs.

What is wrong with people? :furious:
These people are probably the same folks who would tie up their leashed do to a public park child's play structure or jungle gym. I see that all the time and it's usually our signal to leave the park.

I understand them not wanting an unleashed dog around their baby but a kindly request may have served them a lot better.

Hi Gmommy.....the old man and his dog were in a nominated unleashed area.
The old man has a bordercollie....a beautiful breed not normally known for aggression.......thay in turn had a pitbull.....which if the story is right ...will attack on command.
I think I know which dog I would rather have my baby around.

dingo said:
I think I know which dog I would rather have my baby around.
No doubt about that. I love border collies, an old friend had an awesome girl who was so sweet and smart, she could do tons of voice command tricks and such.

It didn't say if they had their pitbull offleash around their baby-I know I wouldn't want one near my baby. I know the guy was in an offleash area but I still think most folks would respond in kind if somebody with a small baby requested that they leash their dog if the dog was running closely to the baby/baby carrier or carriage.

Border collies are up near the top of the scale for intelligence...they are very clever dogs.....but they also need heaps of exercise as they have boundless energy and mental stamina.
We.ll have to agree to disagree on this one.:D .....I dont think they had any right to tell the old man to leash his dog...he was doing nothing wrong..if they were worried about unleashed dogs and the baby they should have picked another venue for their outing.
These people couldnt unleash their dog anyway.....they would have lots of other places to walk it.

Anytime you are walking your dog unleashed and come upon a leashed dog you should leash your dog. Its just common sense. It puts you , your dog and everyone around the situation in danger not to do so. An unaggressive dog can become agressive when a strange dog runs towards it and its owners.

Of course non if it justifies hitting or kicking an old man but since we only read one side of the story we dont know if he had his unleashed dog under control. It can be frightening to have a dog run upon you and have you and your child stuck between a leashed animal and an unleashed one. I would lay down the leash immediatly and let the dogs meet on equal footing.

They BEAT DOWN a 73 year old man! :banghead: :mad: :furious: :furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back