How Do I Copy Digital Photos to a CD?

nanandjim

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Does anyone know how I copy digital photos stored on my computer to a CD? I have Windows XP operating system. If so, what software should I use? Is it free or do I have to purchase? Thanks!

I use Roxio. However, I think you can do it just like you would copy to any disk. Open up My Computer or Windows Explorer then select your pictures and drag them to your CD drive (with a blank writable CD first inserted). Give it a try and report back! I'm curious too.

Pepper said:
I use Roxio. However, I think you can do it just like you would copy to any disk. Open up My Computer or Windows Explorer then select your pictures and drag them to your CD drive (with a blank writable CD first inserted). Give it a try and report back! I'm curious too.
Thanks so much!! I have been fiddling with this for about an hour. I think that I moved the photos to a CD. I want to go to the store and see if I can print them off there.

I had to format the CD. Then, I selected the option of "Copy" and I copied the entire folder, which was about 123 photos.

I will let you know if I can view it at the store where I am taking the CD to print the photos.

Wish me luck!!

Pepper - Although my photos can be viewed on my PC from the burned CD, I was not able to view them at the store where I took them to print them off. The machine for some reason did not recognize any data being on the CD. Don't know why, though. :waitasec:

You need two things, a cd burner drive on your pc (or a CDRW drive, it can read and write cds) and cd burner software that will write to your cd. Most newer systems come with a burner drive and with a program installed. If there is nothing installed there are a couple of them you can buy. I highly recommend Nero. It's about 79.00

If you want free there is that too.

http://www.download.com/Express-Burn/3000-2646_4-10596271.html

http://www.download.com/FinalBurner/3000-2646_4-10626541.html?tag=lst-0-7

Once installed they are pretty easy to understand. File new, drag and drop your photos, burn...and they usually have some sort of help or how to file included.

Let me know if you need help with any of them and I can try my best.

nanandjim said:
Pepper - Although my photos can be viewed on my PC from the burned CD, I was not able to view them at the store where I took them to print them off. The machine for some reason did not recognize any data being on the CD. Don't know why, though. :waitasec:

I don't know nan. It seems as if you saved them in a recognized format - gif, jpg, tif - that the store computer should be able to read/see them too???

I guess you can always buy some photo paper and print them at home!

BhamMama said:
You need two things, a cd burner drive on your pc (or a CDRW drive, it can read and write cds) and cd burner software that will write to your cd. Most newer systems come with a burner drive and with a program installed. If there is nothing installed there are a couple of them you can buy. I highly recommend Nero. It's about 79.00

If you want free there is that too.

http://www.download.com/Express-Burn/3000-2646_4-10596271.html

http://www.download.com/FinalBurner/3000-2646_4-10626541.html?tag=lst-0-7

Once installed they are pretty easy to understand. File new, drag and drop your photos, burn...and they usually have some sort of help or how to file included.

Let me know if you need help with any of them and I can try my best.
Thanks for the response! I have a pretty new computer. I have Sonic software. I don't know if this is a CD burner software. I do have two CD drives on my computer where I can burn CD's. I was able to get the photos to the CD and view them on my computer. So, I know that the photos are there.

The problem is when I take the CD to the store and try to use their digital photo machine. It doesn't recognize any data on the CD. Fortunately, I still have the photos on my photo disk and am using it to print my photos.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janewiththedogs
Back