What does Cassidy know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepper

Former Member
Reaction score
Cassidy was 2 1/2 at the time of her mother's murder, right?

I wonder if she has said anything or will say anything about what she may have witnessed? I am 60, but I still remember some events in my life as young as 2, so I believe it is possible that she will be able to remember events of that day.

Pepper said:

I wonder if she has said anything or will say anything about what she may have witnessed? I am 60, but I still remember some events in my life as young as 2, so I believe it is possible that she will be able to remember events of that day.

Are they happy memories at 2 Pepper or was it something traumatic. I think you may be unique. Wow - 2! That's remarkable imo. I can only remember back to 4 and that's only when something triggers it like a photograph.

I have no idea what happens with a traumatic event at the age of 2 1/2. I can only relate to a traumatic event that I experienced last year. I lost parts of my memory but it came back over the year.

Pepper said:

I think memory is a funny thing. I remember things from when I was 2 and 3 years old, as does my oldest daughter. However, my youngest daughter doesn't remember too much before 3 because there was a divorce, and I think it was very hard on her. Even her memories between 3 and 4 were all mixed up. My oldest daughter was 5 and retained detailed memories. I think that a stable, calm environment will allow people to retain all their memories but a traumatic event, even divorce, can jumble up and wipe out some memories at that young age. This is just my experience and by no means any kind of trend that I'm aware of.

jilly said:
...I have no idea what happens with a traumatic event at the age of 2 1/2...
I can remember eating a bottle of baby aspirins when I was still in a high chair. I don't remember throwing up, but my mother said that I did. I think that Cassidy will remember this trama is she in fact did witness her mother being murdered.

Hi, Pepper.

I think she's innocent enough not to know what trauma she may have witnessed, if any. Just from what I heard on the 911 tape, I think she thought her mommy was probably sleeping and hurt.

I keep hearing "daddy beading" too, and that scares me a little. I hope she didn't see her daddy bleeding, but my gut says she did because I think JY killed MY.

She may have woken up hearing words or violent fighting, and he may have tried to comfort her after MY lay dead or dying, so she'd go back to sleep. Who knows what that has been twisted into by now.

Poor thing.

jilly said:
Are they happy memories at 2 Pepper or was it something traumatic. I think you may be unique. Wow - 2! That's remarkable imo. I can only remember back to 4 and that's only when something triggers it like a photograph.

I have no idea what happens with a traumatic event at the age of 2 1/2. I can only relate to a traumatic event that I experienced last year. I lost parts of my memory but it came back over the year.

The memories that I have from a really early age are associated with a strong emotion. For example, the milkman brought us our milk every couple of days and I always wanted to help take the milk to the kitchen. I was always told that it was too heavy but one day I was allowed to try. I made it about 2 steps and dropped the milk. The bottle crashed and milk was everywhere. My mom had to buy another bottle of milk. I think it was guilt that saved the memory.

From reading everyone's experience seems Cassidy would remember. Don't forget she was with her mom for a long time. That would have been very stressful in itself.

Seems to me Cassidy did see something - maybe not the murder itself but at some point she apparently saw her Daddy. Probably after. I'm sure LE would have had an expert talk to her. I think this may be why the Fishers' sat on the other side at the funeral.

We only heard a small sample I think in the 911 tape of what she had to say. I think she must have said alot more.

Great and important thread Pepper, Thanks. I don't think Cassidy was really talked to as if she were a baby girl, but think Michelle treated her more as a young lady when she conversed with her.

She asked for a washcloth clearly, said several times her Mommy had boo boos, and clearly said see daddy do it...did that bweeding everywhere, and also think I hear her say, and she dead.

I think Cassidy saw a lot more than we thought. I don't think it matters if the Youngs reprogramed her mind, She was recorded on the tape and it is official and of record. Even if her words are not brought into court, they have already been invaluable to the case, as it set the stage for LE in hearing what happened and gave them an immediate direction to investigate.

I only remember back to when I was 3. Our family went to visit some friends, and I remember I was out in the bushes with their little boy and he took his pants off. I was shocked of course, so don't remember what happened next. :eek: LOLOLOL Scandi

My early memories aren't of anything really traumatic - except having my tonsils out at age 3. I remember all of that event! But I do remember being in my crib and standing up in it - waking up after a nap or in the morning. I remember being outside with my parents. They were planting flowers and I was "helping" - but I think I was scolded for pulling them up! The memories are really just bits and pieces, but are real memories - not something I was told about later.

I specifically wonder if in a few years Cassidy can be hypnotized and recall in detail the events of that day?

Where is Cassidy now? Is she with her father or with other family?

Pepper said:
My early memories aren't of anything really traumatic - except having my tonsils out at age 3. I remember all of that event! But I do remember being in my crib and standing up in it - waking up after a nap or in the morning. I remember being outside with my parents. They were planting flowers and I was "helping" - but I think I was scolded for pulling them up! The memories are really just bits and pieces, but are real memories - not something I was told about later.

I specifically wonder if in a few years Cassidy can be hypnotized and recall in detail the events of that day?

Where is Cassidy now? Is she with her father or with other family?

Cassidy is with her father and they're staying with his mom and her husband.

Early memories are interesting. I think my earliest are 3 years old. I say this because my sister was born in 1947 in Miami and I was born in December 1943. She wasn't in Arkansas then when my dad was stationed at Pine Bluff Arsenal. I was. I remember getting icecicles from outside and presenting them to my mother for her "iced tea". She told me she was drinking hot tea. I remember playing with neighbor kids and going to the pool at the Officer's Club. Taking a nap with one of the neighbor kids and getting my first piece of chewing gum, that sort of thing. So I was 3 to 3 1/2. My boys have told me their memories were about that same age.

Don't know what the experts say about brain development and concious memory. I know from reading my baby book that there are "milestones" earlier that I have no memory of.

nanandjim said:
I can remember eating a bottle of baby aspirins when I was still in a high chair. I don't remember throwing up, but my mother said that I did. I think that Cassidy will remember this trama is she in fact did witness her mother being murdered.

my goodness Nan!!!....those little orange ones??...i use to LOVE the taste of them....

jilly said:
From reading everyone's experience seems Cassidy would remember. Don't forget she was with her mom for a long time. That would have been very stressful in itself.

Seems to me Cassidy did see something - maybe not the murder itself but at some point she apparently saw her Daddy. Probably after. I'm sure LE would have had an expert talk to her. I think this may be why the Fishers' sat on the other side at the funeral.

We only heard a small sample I think in the 911 tape of what she had to say. I think she must have said alot more.

i agree with every word of this post, jilly....not sure if Cassidy will remember anything specifically about that night, in years to come, but i DO think she saw something & she told Meredith, along w/LE.....

I think with a lot of people it's hard to separate what we really remember at a young age, or if it's something a parent has told us about many times and we form a visual image in our minds. My earliest memories would probably be between age 3 and 4, and would be "bits and pieces". Clearer images would be age 5 and on, after starting school. I will say though that if Cassidy is an intelligent child with a good vocabulary, which seems to be the case, that information about what happened to her mother could be gotten from her now~ that is if she actually did see anything, other than just finding her mother there afterward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petoskey