Richard

Reaction score
Charlotte Heimann
Missing since October 28, 1981 from Rochester, Monroe County, New York
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: July 23, 1954
Age at Time of Disappearance: 27 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5' 0"; 105 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; green eyes. Her right leg has a pin in the knee and a bad scar from surgery. She may have been pregnant at the time of her disappearance.
Marks, Scars: Her right knee has a scar from surgery where a pin was added.
Fingerprints: Not Available
Dentals: Not Available. Her front teeth has a large space between them.

Circumstances of Disappearance

Heimann was last seen in Rochester, New York on October 28, 1981.
Charlotte was a few months away from getting her Ph.D. from the University of Rochester School of Medicine.

One of the nurses at the hospital told Charlotte's mother that Charlotte had checked herself into the hospital for a psychiatric evaluation because she was afraid of some man. The nurse didn't know who the man was but Charlotte didn't have anywhere else to go and she knew the hospital would have to keep her there for 72 hours for evaluation.

The day Charlotte had to leave, the nurse said some man had come looking for her. Charlotte had told this nurse that she had to go home but she was afraid this man would be there. That was the last time anyone ever saw her.

Authorities would not take a missing person report at the time of her disappearance.

See link for photos.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
The Doe Network

Source Information:
The Family of Charlotte Heimann
The Doe Network Case File 2170DFNY

LINK:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2170dfny.html

Bumping case up. Next month will mark the 26 year anniversary of her disappearance.

She was rumored to be pregnant, maybe she was afraid of her boyfriend or whoever the father was. And, if it wasn't him, where was the father of her baby and what was he up to?? I really wish LE would revisit some of these older cases where the boyfriend looked hinky - just to see what they've been into since these happenings. IMO, these animals don't change their colors and exes love to talk!!

She was rumored to be pregnant, maybe she was afraid of her boyfriend or whoever the father was. And, if it wasn't him, where was the father of her baby and what was he up to?? I really wish LE would revisit some of these older cases where the boyfriend looked hinky - just to see what they've been into since these happenings. IMO, these animals don't change their colors and exes love to talk!!

You make excellent points.

When investigators are looking at new case, and trying to develop leads, links, or suspects - they have only the past and present cases to compare with.

But when looking at an old cold case, you have older cases that were not known locally at the time to consider. And you also have crimes which were committed later to compare your case to.

There are quite a few cases like this, where the boyfriend, husband, etc is a possible suspect. Knowing what his subsequent history is might very well shed some light on the older case.

I just came across this UID as a possible match for Charlotte Heimann. What do you all think?

The age, height, weight, estimated date of death, location (found between Buffalo and Rochester), and gap in front teeth seem to match.

The only things that don't fit are hair color (Charlotte's is listed as auburn in Doe, the UID's hair is listed as brown) and CH's surgery/scar on right knee is not noted on the UID.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/697ufny.html

Attachments

• 2170DFNY.jpg
    2170DFNY.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 697UFNY.jpg
    697UFNY.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 26
There certainly are some similarities between the unidentified woman and the description of Charlotte. There are some differences as well, but minor ones. I would recommend calling it in for comparison.

I too thought that Jane Doe could be Charlotte. I was wondering if anyone called her in as a match....?

I sent a detailed letter to the Missing Persons Bureau of the Rochester Police Department about 2 months ago. I haven't heard anything from them. CarlK90245 told me that he had reported the possible match to the agency listed in the UID posting, but had not heard anything from them either. It's frustrating!

Charlotte and UID both have DNA on file, it doesn't look like the UID's is in CODIS, it lists the DNA's location: NYC OCME. Charlotte's DNA said sample submitted test complete. I hope someone turned this in and they can compare. Good find Tech Writer!

I too thought that Jane Doe could be Charlotte. I was wondering if anyone called her in as a match....?

I submitted by e-mail the names of Charlotte and three other women, (Darlene Tucker from Canada, Kimberly S. Doss, and Phyllis E. Berry) to Det. Leo Hunter back in November 2010.

I don't know if he ever followed up on any of them though.

I submitted by e-mail the names of Charlotte and three other women, (Darlene Tucker from Canada, Kimberly S. Doss, and Phyllis E. Berry) to Det. Leo Hunter back in November 2010.

I don't know if he ever followed up on any of them though.

Carl,

Do you see anyone one else under either UID's contacts or the Missing girls that seem like they will follow thru with the possible match?

That's interesting considering she isn't on the Allentown rule out list.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back