GUILTY NY - Couple & 3 kids found murdered in burning Fishkill home, 19 Jan 2007

Michelle Read

Reaction score
A house was set on fire to cover the killings of at least two adults and three children in a Hudson Valley home, police said Friday.

The bodies were found after 3 a.m. when a fire ravaged a wood-frame house in the town of Fishkill, 60 miles north of New York City.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16708631/

NEW YORK — New York State Police are searching for clues in the mysterious and savage murder of three young brothers who were beaten and stabbed to death before their parents were shot execution-style and their suburban Dutchess County home was torched in an attempt to cover up the brutal crime.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,245880,00.html

What a horrible story. :(

This is very upsetting. That poor family.

adorable little boys. hope whoever did it fries!:furious:

Absolutely heartbreaking, again....how much evil are we to swallow? I for one can't take any more, it's just too much, too much pain and sadness. Why were these young boys lives taken away so violently and with so much fear, imagine the fear of each one of them watching their brother be killed and the parents watching their kids be tortured and killed, absolutely unbelievable evil unleashed and for what, absolutely no reason will ever justify this horrible act.

It is so hard to understand what kind of evil must be inside of someone to allow them to do these kinds of things. I just cannot imagine such hardness of heart.

I feel very sorry for that family and their friends. It is such a great loss in such a horrific way. What a tragedy! I can only hope they find peace someday in coping with it. My heart goes out to them.

It is an extremely sad story, but is happening more and more. The story mentions low funds and a cocaine addiction...a very bad combination. LE publicly has disregarded the organized crime theory, but they should be looking at local gang activity. We have had more than one family wiped out by gang retaliation or to prevent people from testifying here. This crime sounds personal and it appears to send a clear message. (Exactly like what we are seeing emerge in our ongoing gang wars.) The 13yo could be a possible link, the father, or even a relative close to them...sounds like a tv show on crime, but gang bangers aren't playing a role...they have no remorse, no regard for life, and in most cases of this magnitude...no need to fear getting caught or turned in. After all, who would place their family in mortal danger to turn them in knowing the police cannot protect them?

Gangs are an enormous problem in major cities and only growing in our smaller cities like Tulsa,OK. (Maybe organized crime should be called in to clean up our streets. LE here could use some real help. It truly is a war zone.) IMO

MILLBROOK, N.Y. — Two Dutchess County men have been charged in the death of one member of a family found dead in a burned-out Fishkill home, police said Friday.

Mark S. Serrano, 29, and Charles W. Gilleo Jr., 31, were each charged with one count of second-degree murder in the death of Manuel "Tony" Morey, state police said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,247398,00.html

Why aren't they charged with the rest of it?! :confused: Is the prosecutor holding back on the other charges in case they can't convict on this one, so they have more than one chance to put them away?

Thank God they have arrested them. I hope they stack the charges on them so they will never see the light of day again. So far, only 1 charge. This was such an evil, brutal act of senseless torture, they deserve to burn.

Police said the two men were partners with Tony Morey in a small, local drug dealing operation.

State police investigators said that Tony Morey was a known low-level crack cocaine dealer and user, and had an arrest record for minor offenses.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,247398,00.html

Once again, a parent dealing in crime has cost the lives of his children and wife.

well,,, it's still sad.. but somehow i feel better knowing it's not just a random crime. you get involved with drugs (or you are involved with someone who's involved)- and these things are going to happen. poor kids, though.. they didn't have a chance.

From April 2008:

http://archive.poughkeepsiejournal....80326/MOREY-MURDERS-SERRANO-SENTENCED-50-LIFE

Convicted killer Mark Serrano was spared a sentence of life without parole – the punishment given his co-defendant – for his role in the massacre of a Fishkill family of five.

But the 31-year-old Fishkill man won’t be eligible to ask for his release from prison until well after his 80th birthday. Judge Thomas J. Dolan imposed a series of sentences on Serrano amounting to 50 years to life...

Serrano was convicted last Dec. 4 on multiple murder counts following a month-long trial for taking part in the fatal shootings of Manuel “Tony” Morey and his wife, Tina, and the stabbing and bludgeoning deaths of their three sons – 13-year-old Antonio, 10-year-old Adam and 6-year-old Ryan – on Jan. 19, 2007.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back