Buried 1957 Plymouth to be unearthed in Okla.

What a very cool event! I wonder when they are going to do the population count. I can't wait to see the photo of the car. I would be willing to bet it held up well.

What a fascinating story! I can't wait to hear more and see pictures.

Lion

... That is SO cool, I can't wait for them to dig that car up!!!

Ditto.

What you guys said. I definitely will be following up on this story--can't wait to see some photos.

LisainWV said:
http://www.dailymail.com/story/Life/+/2007012325/Buried-1957-Plymouth-to-be-unearthed-in-Okla./

Wow!! Can't wait to see the pictures.

I'm not from OK. Anyone here who's gonna be there for this??
Absolutely! We will be there! My mother graduated from Tulsa, OK in 1942 and her class has this scheduled as one of their reunion events! She is excited about the resurrection of the car.

I bet some of them may know the skinny on the burial and the people involved. However, I am certain there is a detailed accounting of the rightful owner/owners and those present at the burial...inside the vehicle. It should be very interesting to see the condition. Hmmm...did they mention the mileage on it?!

Cannot wait to see what the car is like.I hope it is not all rusty.It would be cool if they find it in perfect condition after all this time.

kazzbar said:
Cannot wait to see what the car is like.I hope it is not all rusty.It would be cool if they find it in perfect condition after all this time.

It would be more cool...if I find out it is mine and not all rusty! hehehe

I don't think they have dug it up yet. It would be nice to see pictures of it before it was buried.

i don't want this thread to die!!!! I really wanna see this hunk of rust when it comes out of the ground. I don't know if it to be true or not.....

But...

My significant other said that it will be in ruins. He said that being put in the ground that it would suck up all the moisture around it and turn to rust. He also said that if they encased it in concrete it will be worse, because the concrete will pull all the moisture from the vehicle. I just can't wait to see its condition. I don't know what year it was when we were in school, but we did a time cap. I wonder if they ever dug it up, or when it is sapposed to be. I remember puting something in there, but can't recall what exactly.

BAD_BUTTERFLY said:
i don't want this thread to die!!!! I really wanna see this hunk of rust when it comes out of the ground. I don't know if it to be true or not.....

But...

My significant other said that it will be in ruins. He said that being put in the ground that it would suck up all the moisture around it and turn to rust. He also said that if they encased it in concrete it will be worse, because the concrete will pull all the moisture from the vehicle. I just can't wait to see its condition. I don't know what year it was when we were in school, but we did a time cap. I wonder if they ever dug it up, or when it is sapposed to be. I remember puting something in there, but can't recall what exactly.
Lets bump this one up,Bad Butterfly.I cannot wait to see either but I think your hubby is right.Suppose it depends what was done to the car to preserve it.

kazzbar said:
Lets bump this one up,Bad Butterfly.I cannot wait to see either but I think your hubby is right.Suppose it depends what was done to the car to preserve it.

... This '57 Plymouth should be fine, Kazz!! ;) It was wrapped and placed in a cement vault. I'll be surprised if it's rusted! I've seen cars that were stored in a barn for 30 years that weren't too badly rusted. I'm sure it'll be big news on June 15th!

Stan said:
... This '57 Plymouth should be fine, Kazz!! ;) It was wrapped and placed in a cement vault. I'll be surprised if it's rusted! I've seen cars that were stored in a barn for 30 years that weren't too badly rusted. I'm sure it'll be big news on June 15th!
Hello Stanley, the Manley, how are you? Hope you are right.... Maybe we should have a bet on it!:rolleyes:

I'm sure you've all spotted the date by now, June 15, but I looked at several things before I found it.

I'd love to be there when they pull it up!!

I don't have any idea what to expect on condition. Cars in the barn are a lot different than cars underground. a barn is a relatively dry, airy place.....?????

LisainWV said:
I'm sure you've all spotted the date by now, June 15, but I looked at several things before I found it.

I don't have any idea what to expect on condition. Cars in the barn are a lot different than cars underground. a barn is a relatively dry, airy place.....?????
Yes, LisainWv ,whereas under the ground would be dank and full of moisture. But if the car was well rapt in plastic then just maybe, it will o.k.But would the plastic get wet and cause the car to rust? The more I think about it the more confused I am getting!;) Cannot wait till June 15.Sooo exciting.

LisainWV said:

... I can't think of a worse place for a car than an old barn with a dirt floor, as far as promoting rust, Lisa! That car is sealed air tight and dry, it'll be like it rolled off the showroom floor. The motor may be siezed, but the body and chassis will be fine. I'm sure they knew about rust in '57 and stored it in a manner to avoid any rusting.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unimog
Back