Peggy Lakins Book: Journey Beyond Reason

Solace said:
Can anyone tell me anything about this book?
It's full of resources - some of which are hard to find on the web nowadays. It's a very useful book.

Jayelles said:
It's full of resources - some of which are hard to find on the web nowadays. It's a very useful book.
Jayelles,

Thank you. It looks interesting. Is this a book without an opinion or is Lakins of the belief the parents are involved?

Solace said:
Jayelles,

Thank you. It looks interesting. Is this a book without an opinion or is Lakins of the belief the parents are involved?
The book is very interesting, for it was written by a moderator on another excellent JonBenet forum (Crime & Justice), Peggy Lakin (poster name 'Little'), and several internet posters have added their input and research to the book.
The more she dug into this this case, the more Peggy Lakin has become convinced that the Ramseys must be involved in the death of their daughter.
The book contains a list of items the police removed from the house, it compares the differing time lines the Ramseys have offered in their changed versions of their story, and it also has an interesting chapter about the founder of Websleuths, Tricia Griffith.
It contains Delmar England's very interesting and detailed analysis of the so-called 'garrote', where he exposes the contraption as faked and only done for staging purposes.
Also in the book is D. England's analysis of the ransom note, and his compelling letter to the Mary Keenan (Lacy). Although what D. England has written can also be found on the ACandyRose site, I have found it very helpful to have it all together in a book.
The book contains excerpts from ST's book and from PMPT, and quite a few news articles, most of them by Charlie Brennan frorm the Rocky Mountan News who has covered the case right from the start.
Lou Smit's absurd intruder theory is pretty much picked apart by both Delmar England and P. Lakin (and rightly so imo!).
There is info about the Ramseys' inner circle in JBR and a thought-provoking chapter 10 where the actions of the Ramseys are questioned. For behavior is circumstantial evidence too.
Together with ST's book, Journey Beyond Reason is my favorite book on the case.

rashomon said:
The book is very interesting, for it was written by a moderator on another excellent JonBenet forum (Crime & Justice), Peggy Lakin (poster name 'Little'), and several internet posters have added their input and research to the book.
The more she dug into this this case, the more Peggy Lakin has become convinced that the Ramseys must be involved in the death of their daughter.
The book contains a list of items the police removed from the house, it compares the differing time lines the Ramseys have offered in their changed versions of their story, and it also has an interesting chapter about the founder of Websleuths, Tricia Griffith.
It contains Delmar England's very interesting and detailed analysis of the so-called 'garrote', where he exposes the contraption as faked and only done for staging purposes.
Also in the book is D. England's analysis of the ransom note, and his compelling letter to the Mary Keenan (Lacy). Although what D. England has written can also be found on the ACandyRose site, I have found it very helpful to have it all together in a book.
The book contains excerpts from ST's book and from PMPT, and quite a few news articles, most of them by Charlie Brennan frorm the Rocky Mountan News who has covered the case right from the start.
Lou Smit's absurd intruder theory is pretty much picked apart by both Delmar England and P. Lakin (and rightly so imo!).
There is info about the Ramseys' inner circle in JBR and a thought-provoking chapter 10 where the actions of the Ramseys are questioned. For behavior is circumstantial evidence too.
Thanks so much Rash.

rashomon said:

Hey Rash, is this an Ebook? So Little wrote it eh? I am very interested in reading it. I've never heard of it before now. Thanks Solace for bringing it up. Going to google it now...

cami said:
Hey Rash, is this an Ebook? So Little wrote it eh? I am very interested in reading it. I've never heard of it before now. Thanks Solace for bringing it up. Going to google it now...
Hi Cami, Happy New Year!. You can buy it on line by paying for a pdf version or you can buy the book version.

I'm definitely going to have to get a copy. I can't tell you how many times I've gone to Google to search for info and came up with posts of Little's bearing articles and links and everything I was looking for. She's amazing.

Nuisanceposter said:
I'm definitely going to have to get a copy. I can't tell you how many times I've gone to Google to search for info and came up with posts of Little's bearing articles and links and everything I was looking for. She's amazing.[/QUOTE]

You can click on the thread at the opening of this site and it lists all the books. I would like to read Det. Arndt's version of things also.

cami said:

I found it. I am reading the first chapter now. It is an ebook Solace.

cami said:
I found it. I am reading the first chapter now. It is an ebook Solace.
What is an e-booK? You pay for it right then and there and can then print it?

Solace said:
Hi Cami, Happy New Year!. You can buy it on line by paying for a pdf version or you can buy the book version.

Hey same to you Solace...hope it's a good lucky year for you. I hope this book is more than just newspaper articles. That's all the first chapter is and it contains grammar and spelling errors and repeats some of the articles.

I'm sorry I'm just a real spelling and grammar nazi..I used to edit copy.

Solace said:
What is an e-booK? You pay for it right then and there and can then print it?

Yep, they download it to your computer. You need Acrobat which you can download for free. I am going to purchase the ebook and start reading. I'd like to read Det. Arndt's book as well and..well I'd like to read them all. But I still cannot get into PMPT..I've had that book for years but it drives me to try and read it.

Nuisanceposter said:
I'm definitely going to have to get a copy. I can't tell you how many times I've gone to Google to search for info and came up with posts of Little's bearing articles and links and everything I was looking for. She's amazing.

She is amazing. I used to post at c&j for years but only on MacDonald and Darlie and she was one of the mods....

cami said:
Yep, they download it to your computer. You need Acrobat which you can download for free. I am going to purchase the ebook and start reading. I'd like to read Det. Arndt's book as well and..well I'd like to read them all. But I still cannot get into PMPT..I've had that book for years but it drives me to try and read it.
I agree 1000%. The interviews every chapter with people is just exhausting and most times not relevant AT ALL.

cami said:
Hey same to you Solace...hope it's a good lucky year for you. I hope this book is more than just newspaper articles. That's all the first chapter is and it contains grammar and spelling errors and repeats some of the articles.

I'm sorry I'm just a real spelling and grammar nazi..I used to edit copy.
I know; it takes away from the professionalism of the book. But Rash says it is a very good read and Rash is a respected poster deservedly so.

Solace said:
I agree 1000%. The interviews every chapter with people is just exhausting and most times not relevant AT ALL.
same here,I saw the movie but the book is so long and just drags on and on that I don't think I'll ever read it all...it just doesn't hold my attention for long.I end up putting it down after a few short minutes.A case of TMI I think.
The lack of photos doesn't do it any justice,either.At least a few would have made it more interesting.

Well as a Scot, I'm definitely not a spelling and grammar nazi! However, in the larger scheme of things, the odd spelling error is insignificant compared to the text itself. I find typos in practically everything I read (I'm one of these slow people who reads every word in a text), but unless it changes the meaning of the text ("Scotland is a country where keen golfers are never bored" becomes "Scotland is a country where keen golfers are never bred") - I ignore them.

Peggy did an awesome job and that aside, she is a truly sincere and lovely person.

JMO8778 said:
same here,I saw the movie but the book is so long and just drags on and on that I don't think I'll ever read it all...it just doesn't hold my attention for long.I end up putting it down after a few short minutes.A case of TMI I think.
The lack of photos doesn't do it any justice,either.At least a few would have made it more interesting.
I had to read PMPT three times before I could follow who was who. However, I LOVED the articles.

Photos are a problem - copyright. Besides, some of the best books don't have photos. I offered to let Peggy include photos of me in various poses, but she said it wasn't that kind of book... (I don't know what she meant).

(tic)

Jayelles said:
I had to read PMPT three times before I could follow who was who. However, I LOVED the articles.

Photos are a problem - copyright. Besides, some of the best books don't have photos. I offered to let Peggy include photos of me in various poses, but she said it wasn't that kind of book... (I don't know what she meant).

(tic)
There is one thing. Eller seemed like a complete jerk in that he let things happen that should not have and Steve Thomas defends it. That, I do not understand. For e.g. he would not use dogs. Why not. Two seconds and they would have found her. That I found very irritating and other things too, but I can't remember all of them. I think Steve Thomas is a warrior. I really do, but defending that man no matter what, I do not agree with.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back