jan 28th 2007 Body found in wheel well of jet at LAX

I don't understand how a person can get in a wheel well..

Every so often, I see news stories about a body being found in a wheel well. Does anyone ever survive attempting to stow away in a wheel well? Obviously you must be pretty desperate to try it, but it seems to me like certain death!

MSM said:
Every so often, I see news stories about a body being found in a wheel well. Does anyone ever survive attempting to stow away in a wheel well? Obviously you must be pretty desperate to try it, but it seems to me like certain death!

yeah, that's what i'm screamin...this happened not too long ago,,,somewhere; what's up w/that????

eta..even

close_enough said:
yeah, that's what i'm screamin...this happened not too long ago,,,somewhere; what's up w/that????

eta..even
It happened here in Atlanta recently.

I too cannot imagine wanting to leave a place so desparately that I would fly in a jet wheel. Terrifying. But I think this mode of escape must have worked for someone along the way - else people wouldn't try it so regularly. I seem to read 2-3 stories like this each year. I'd like to hear from any survivors....

I don't think there could be any survivors... you would freeze to death at that altitude right? I dunno heh..

It seems it's a lack of education that is making people try this and that's sad. :(

Melisinde said:
I don't think there could be any survivors... you would freeze to death at that altitude right? I dunno heh..

It seems it's a lack of education that is making people try this and that's sad. :(
Yes, unless the wheel well was heated, which I don't think they are. Even then, I doubt there'd be oxygen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteRaven
Back