WWII Vet, Family Claim $254M Jackpot

Hopefully they are older (yep) and wise enough that this wonderful windfall won't destroy their lives.

That's just an amazing amount of money. :eek:

I think they will enjoy it. Two of their sons lost jobs this year so it will be a relief to the older sons and to their children and grandchildren. A repreive to enjoy life a little more as one nears the end of it.

I just saw that on the news!!! Go them!!!!! :D

wow, this makes me so happy!!! it's so great to hear of someone winning a lottery who really deserves it. i too hope it doesn't ruin his life and cause all kinds of family squabbles. i really hope he sits down with his family and talks with them about what can happen.. and they all make an agreement together that they will NOT let the money come between them, no matter what. i also hope that his kids & family will cherish the time they still have with him, without hoping that he will hurry up and die.. so they can get the money. that would be really sad. hopefully he will live well for the rest of his days,, and those who inherit will all be wise about about how they invest.

reb said:
wow, this makes me so happy!!! it's so great to hear of someone winning a lottery who really deserves it. i too hope it doesn't ruin his life and cause all kinds of family squabbles. i really hope he sits down with his family and talks with them about what can happen.. and they all make an agreement together that they will NOT let the money come between them, no matter what. i also hope that his kids & family will cherish the time they still have with him, without hoping that he will hurry up and die.. so they can get the money. that would be really sad. hopefully he will live well for the rest of his days,, and those who inherit will all be wise about about how they invest.

He is splitting it with his grown sons. So, jealously isn't a factor. It will come with the grandchildren not children. Let's hope this doesn't happen.

BTW, he has hired an IRS attorney to advise the family. So, I think he has his head on straight and I hope they all enjoy and bring much enrichment to their lives and all they touch.

I hope he doesn't all of a sudden have long lost relatives knocking on his door.

Paladin said:
I hope he doesn't all of a sudden have long lost relatives knocking on his door.
Its amazing how many long lost relatives turn up and you seem to make a lot more friends, hopefully he gets some good advice and it only brings his immediate family together to enjoy their great win.:)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back