Boston Bomb Scare - Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Paladin

Former Member
Reaction score
BOSTON, Massachusetts (CNN) -- Authorities have arrested two men in connection with electronic light boards depicting a middle-finger-waving moon man that triggered repeated bomb scares around Boston on Wednesday and prompted the closure of bridges and a stretch of the Charles River.

Meanwhile, police and prosecutors vented their anger at Turner Broadcasting System Inc., the parent company of CNN, which said the battery-operated light boards were aimed at promoting the late-night Adult Swim cartoon "Aqua Teen Hunger Force."

More: http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/02/01/boston.bombscare/index.html

-------------

I think this show is hilarious. Am I the only one who thinks Boston is overreacting? Why aren't the other cities that this has occurred in so outraged? I think the anger here is misdirected. They should be mad that we live in a world where people are so jumpy when it comes to terrorism, not Ted Turner.

I'd really have to see these devices to really make a judgment but... afaics, they don't look like bombs to me, nor would I imagine them to be bombs. Maybe it's just because I'm familiar with the show (and the earlier seasons before they canceled it were much funnier imo), but really. *shrug* They just look like... over-sized "Lite Brite" things.

They do look like lite brites. It is interesting to note that this promotion was done in about 10 cities, yet Boston is the only one who panicked. I don't know if that is good or bad. I guess better to be careful than not, but it seems like an awfully big fuss for nothing. It really pisses me off that the low guys on the totem pole where the ones arrested. How about the VP of Marketing and Promotions who probably authorized this?

I love Meatwad.

Ooh! Thanks for the link. I want to buy one for Mr. Masterj.

I think it's odd that only Boston panicked but I also think it was a really, really stupid ad campaign, considering the times we live in and how people are on alert in big cities and tend to report anything they think is strange.

I also think that arresting the two guys they did was wrong. They were just following orders of Cartoon Network, doing a job for them. Whoever had this idea to begin with at Cartoon Network/Turner Broadcasting is who they should be going after but of course, the smallest guys on the totem pole will be the scapegoats.

Why exactly should they be going after anyone? Is it their fault that ignorant people overreacted?

Man I wish I had $5000. I want my own Moonite LED thingy. Bomb or not. I'm definitely getting a shirt though... and one for the husband... and one for my little bro too prolly!

Paladin said:
I think this show is hilarious. Am I the only one who thinks Boston is overreacting? Why aren't the other cities that this has occurred in so outraged? I think the anger here is misdirected. They should be mad that we live in a world where people are so jumpy when it comes to terrorism, not Ted Turner.

I love Aqua Teen Hunger Force! Meatwad is my favorite - he's so sweet, like a little kid.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back