Anyone Gonna Be Watching Survivor Fiji This Thursday?

White Rain

Reaction score
I'll be tuning in as usual, although I have to admit becoming pretty bored with the series. Last season was just horrible to me, although I never gave a hoot about the big racial split anyway. Come to think of it I don't really care about the exile island stuff either. Producers aren't really "wowing" me with their ideas. I remember when Thursday nights used to be the highlight of my week. (yeah, I lead a pretty boring life.) I guess all good things really do come to an end.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor14/

White Rain said:
I'll be tuning in as usual, although I have to admit becoming pretty bored with the series. Last season was just horrible to me, although I never gave a hoot about the big racial split anyway. Come to think of it I don't really care about the exile island stuff either. Producers aren't really "wowing" me with their ideas. I remember when Thursday nights used to be the highlight of my week. (yeah, I lead a pretty boring life.) I guess all good things really do come to an end.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor14/

White Rain, I could have written your post myself. Ditto. Ditto. A thousand times, ditto!

(Edited to answer your question: yes, I will watch on Thursday, but I will hate myself for doing it.)

I used to love survivor aswell....I didnt even venture into the survivor threads here....we were usually that far behind and I didnt want to spoil it by knowing what was going to happen.
Last year survivor started out here in prime time and slowly got shifted back later and later every week...I dont even know who won . I dont think I will bother with it this season.:eek:

Agree that the Exile Island hook has to go--its been played--Last year's Survivor started out real bad, the ratings for the show dropped drastcally,down to 24th at one point, but the last 4 episodes it made a dramatic comeback in the ratings and the finale finished at 3rd for the week, much better than the previous Survivor season---Probably watch again this season but Fiji is no comparison to the beautiful Polynesian paradise of the Cook Islands

southcitymom said:
I will be there too - against my better judgment - longing for the days when I really did care!;)

You know, Stephen Colbert isn't the only reason we are BFF (at least in my mind).

Now we must get you out to the West Coast. (I can't visit Atlanta again. It's too close to Florida and I won't be able to explain why I didn't visit my mother. That's also why I've never been to New Orleans.)

We get it later than you in Australia so I probably will keep sneaking in here to see what happens.

LOL, agree with you guys - getting pretty bored with it - so why do I keep tuning in?

I'm in as usual, never missed a season yet...........but it gets worse each season also:banghead:

Tom'sGirl said:
I'm in as usual, never missed a season yet...........but it gets worse each season also:banghead:
I hear ya. Watch it every season, and get more bored with every show. But, I will be watching again! :D As for my husband, he will not watch anymore. He say's its the same over and over, but with different people! True!!
Oh when did you say it was on?....Thursday??? Can't miss it! :eek: lol

I agree. Last season's was SUCH a bore. It's always boring when they all like each other. LOL

Yet, I keep tuning in anyway, as well....

Nova said:
You know, Stephen Colbert isn't the only reason we are BFF (at least in my mind).

Now we must get you out to the West Coast. (I can't visit Atlanta again. It's too close to Florida and I won't be able to explain why I didn't visit my mother. That's also why I've never been to New Orleans.)
We are BFF in my mind too, Nova! I DO need to get out to California - been years since I have been there...unfortunately, I am in the middle of trying to move my family back to Charleston, SC and am very distracted with all that!

But one day I am going to head West and propose to you!:blowkiss:

Well, after all the terrible things in the news today it was nice to get my mind off of it, and I have to say I actually enjoyed tonight's 1st episode of Survivor. WHAT was up with all those sea snakes though? There is no way I could sleep with all those slithering around, and without my sleep I am not easy to get along with.

I will definately be tuning in this year. "Papa Smurf" (Gary Stritesky) is my neighbor's cousin. I have to see how well he does.

White Rain said:
Well, after all the terrible things in the news today it was nice to get my mind off of it, and I have to say I actually enjoyed tonight's 1st episode of Survivor. WHAT was up with all those sea snakes though? There is no way I could sleep with all those slithering around, and without my sleep I am not easy to get along with.
--Yeah, the first episode wasn't bad--contestants are pretty likeable--Agree, how can you sleep on exile island with poisonous snakes?

southcitymom said:
We are BFF in my mind too, Nova! I DO need to get out to California - been years since I have been there...unfortunately, I am in the middle of trying to move my family back to Charleston, SC and am very distracted with all that!

But one day I am going to head West and propose to you!:blowkiss:

Best of luck with the move! I don't envy you that, particularly not with kids. But I hear Charleston is lovely!

Give me some warning before you propose. Under current California "domestic partner" law, I will actually have to get a formal, court divorce before I can accept.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back