TX TX - Mark Davis, 20, College Station, 14 Jan 2007

mistivon

Verified Insider - Maricela Garcia
Reaction score
this is another sad case, it sounds:

Texas A&M University senior Mark Randall Davis seemed to be in a good mood on the night of Jan. 14. He went to the Olive Garden restaurant in Tyler with his family, bought a jacket in preparation for a pending ice storm and talked about his plans to return to College Station the next day to resume classes after the holiday break.

But that was the last time his parents heard from him.

He left with little more than a mountain bike, and if anyone knows where he is, they haven't come forward.

Davis, 20, left a note that indicated his parents, Randy and Karen Davis, wouldn't hear from their only son again. Randy Davis said he believes his son could still be alive and might have fled to a Latin American country to escape school-related pressures he'd been facing

more:

http://www.theeagle.com/stories/021107/am_20070211003.php

It's sad that such a bright, handsome boy felt he had to leave home in such a manner. I hope they find him alive and well.

I wonder if he meant that they would never hear from him again because he was going to end his life or that he just would never contact them again. If all the kid wanted to do was to get away from pressures why the need to cut his parents out of his life? If he wanted to quit school and go off on his own why not let his parents know what he wanted to do and then do it. He is 20 yrs old and old enough to do whatever he wanted. Sounds like a suicide note to me. Why bother to let them know that he wasn't going to have any contact with them...why not just take off...unless he planned to kill himself.
Didn't sound like him and his parents were in a fight or anything.

Mark's Website:

http://findmarkdavis.com

Being an aggie myself, this one hits home.
Sounds like he was facing too much pressure. I do think he might have somehow gone to Mexico or at least somewhere in South TX. It would be hard to go any further without his ID or passport.

I hope he did not take his life...it would be such a waste.

What a good-looking kid. Let's just hope that he has taken off to get away from some pressure and will see things clearer in the near future. I pray that he didn't take his life!!

Mark is a very handsome kid. I just read that whole article and I just have a gutt feeling that this boy had made a decision and it wasn't to take off and go anywhere.

His dad said that he had been depressed and wasn't interested in anything. It sounds to me like he was really depressed...not just a little. I wonder what had happened that took him down to that dark place? His dad didn't talk like Mark had been clinically depressed for a long time or anything. Something must have been going on in his life that he was having a difficult time with.

He left his WALLET and CELL PHONE and his passport that was outdated. I can't imagine a young man leaving his wallet and phone behind if he was planning on going to Mexico or anywhere else. He was riding a mountain bike which could have taken him anywhere. He must have bought the coat for the ride. He could have ridden way up into the mountains..if there are any there..or any secluded place. Someone on a bike would be hard to spot..not like someone in a vehicle. It is also hard to say what time he took off.

If this young man is alive I hope he at least contacts his parents with a postcard or something just to say he is alright. If he isn't alright I hope that he is found soon. His poor parents. I will be personally surprised if he is found alive...to many red flags. I hope that he is though.

On the night of Jan. 14, Mark Davis, a 20-year-old senior at Texas A&M, went to dinner at Olive Garden with his family in his hometown of Tyler. The next morning Davis was not in his room when his parents went to wake him up. Instead, they found a goodbye note. The note expressed his love toward his parents and family, and claimed it was nobody's fault that he left, but that it was just something he had to do.

Don Martin, an officer at the Tyler Police Department, said the police are at a stalemate, having explored all the leads given to them in Tyler and College Station.

"Mark isn't using credit cards, a cell phone, anything to track him," Martin said.

http://media.www.thebatt.com/media/storage/paper657/news/2007/02/19/News/Students.Disappearance.Still.A.Mystery.To.Family-2727565.shtml

I have been in touch with Mark's dad, and we have put together a MySpace page for Mark. Located at http://www.myspace.com/findmarkdavis . I am praying that Mark is found alive and safe.

Barb
As I live each day may I do my part
to make one difference, to touch one heart,
And through each day may it be my goal
to encourage one mind and inspire one soul.
- Unknown

I wonder where this handsome young man is? I wish he would get in contact with his parents. This must be the worst nightmare of their lives. I hope that Mark is found soon. He has so much going for him.

Sounds like Mark has yet to be found. Website and myspace still up.

Hope the family hears some good news soon.

Bump

bumping for Mark.

I wish his family would set up the message board on his website so we could discuss his disappearance.

Mark has been gone 3 months now. I was just thinking about him today and wondering if he had been found yet. Did he have a vehicle at college or was the bike his only transportation? If he was planning on taking off why would he have left his wallet at his parent's home? He would need ID where ever he went and he would need money. He didn't take any money, wallet, phone, or clothing. He's been gone for 3 months and it isn't looking good. Has his family ever said why he was so depressed?

As terrible as this sounds, I have to wonder if there where any unsolved [murder] cases in the area just prior to him leaving? He was a smart, good looking kid, hopefully my CSI imagination is playing tricks on me...

I have been in touch with Mark's dad, and we have put together a MySpace page for Mark. Located at http://www.myspace.com/findmarkdavis . I am praying that Mark is found alive and safe.

Barb
As I live each day may I do my part
to make one difference, to touch one heart,
And through each day may it be my goal
to encourage one mind and inspire one soul.
- Unknown
Hi Barb, any news on Mark?

This case is sad. I just read his Dad's plea for him to just let them know he is alive. I mean, they even made a form with the button "I'm Alive" for Mark to submit with answers only he would know. GOD! I am torn between wondering whether Mark was hurt/taken or whether someone can really be that selfish. I hope he wouldn't do this to his family intentionally.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back