CANADA Canada - Winnipeg, 'Baby Innocence' WhtMale Newborn 652UMMB, Apr'84

anthrobones

Reaction score
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/652ummb.html

Unidentified White Male

• The victim was discovered on April 20, 1984 in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
  • Estimated Date of Death: Late fall of 1983.

• Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: Newborn
    • AKA: Authorities refer to him as "Baby Innocence".
    Case History
    On April 20, 1984, the body of a newborn white male child was found by several children playing along the banks of the Seine River near the CNR mainline bridge in the vicinity of Notre Dame Street and Nadeau Avenue in St. Boniface.
    The baby's body was found in a shallow grave near the waters edge and was partially exposed as a result of the spring run off. The baby was likely buried there in the late fall of 1983. It appears that the baby was a newborn and was birthed shortly before his death and burial on the river bank.
    A white male in his early 20's was spotted in the area in the late summer or early fall of 1983 carrying an infant child, but he has never been identified.

Interesting, they don't say how he died. I wonder if he was murdered, or if he passed away from natural causes/complications. Maybe they couldn't determine the cause of death?

Regardless, poor little boy.

I have to wonder if the male that was seen in the area had abducted a woman who was pregnant and kept her until she gave birth, but did not want the baby to give him away. Just my opinion.

I have to wonder if the male that was seen in the area had abducted a woman who was pregnant and kept her until she gave birth, but did not want the baby to give him away. Just my opinion.
Eh, I don't know...it sounds a little far-fetched to be truthful. Sadly I have a feeling this little guy was just one of many many babies that this has happened to over the years. Teen mother or teen parents in denial and in a panic, or maybe not even a teen necessarily.

652UMMB
652UMMB.jpg
652UMMB1.jpg

Sketch of the infant; Sweater infant was wrapped in

Date of Discovery: April 20, 1984
Location of Discovery: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Estimated Date of Death: Late autumn of 1983
State of Remains: Unknown
Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description
Estimated Age: Newborn
Race: White
Height: Unknown
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers
Dentals: Not available.
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery
Several children playing along the banks of the Seine River found the body of a newborn infant. The area is near the CNR mainline bridge in the vicinity of Notre Dame Street and Nadeau Avenue in St. Boniface.

The infant's body was found in a shallow grave near the waters edge and was partially exposed as a result of the spring run off.

A white male in his early 20's was spotted in the area in the late summer or early fall of 1983 carrying an infant child, but he has never been identified.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Crime Stoppers
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 786-TIPS-8477
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: Unknown

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: Unknown

Information Source(s)
Winnipeg Police Service

Admin Notes
Added: 9/25/06; Last Updated: 4/25/16

Has DNA ever been tested in this case? Do they still have access to his remains?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back