Fernie testimony

tumble

Reaction score
I find John Fernies testimony(http://www.acandyrose.com/06132001fernietestimony.htm) really strange.

He states that when he arrived at the house he saw the RN through the glass door leading to the kitchen. He was able to read it from outside.

How did the note end up there on the floor??
There is no reason for anyone to take it down there from the main kitchen area. And surely LE would handle it safely when they arrived.

As oficer French supposedly arrived there first this just sound strange to me. Didn't officer French get hold of the note first thing when he got there. When did actually Fernie arrive to the house?

He also states that he walked around the house leaving footprints in the snow. This means his prints must have mealted away during the morning and then officer Reichenbachs statement that he saw no footprints in the snow dust becomes very important. It does not ring true with Fernies statement if he arrived before Reichenbach. And if he arrived after the RN sure would not be lying around the kitchen area on the floor just by the door.

He was called by PR just after 5.52 and before 6.00 when the Whites were called. He lived 3.6 miles away, the roads were hilly and slippery with a thin layer of snowcover. French was on the scene 6.00. How fast could Fernie get there?

All this does not make sense to me. Is Fernie lying or is there a plausible explanation for this that I don't see.

tumble said:
I find John Fernies testimony(http://www.acandyrose.com/06132001fernietestimony.htm) really strange.

He states that when he arrived at the house he saw the RN through the glass door leading to the kitchen. He was able to read it from outside.

How did the note end up there on the floor??
There is no reason for anyone to take it down there from the main kitchen area. And surely LE would handle it safely when they arrived.

As oficer French supposedly arrived there first this just sound strange to me. Didn't officer French get hold of the note first thing when he got there. When did actually Fernie arrive to the house?

He also states that he walked around the house leaving footprints in the snow. This means his prints must have mealted away during the morning and then officer Reichenbachs statement that he saw no footprints in the snow dust becomes very important. It does not ring true with Fernies statement if he arrived before Reichenbach. And if he arrived after the RN sure would not be lying around the kitchen area on the floor just by the door.

He was called by PR just after 5.52 and before 6.00 when the Whites were called. He lived 3.6 miles away, the roads were hilly and slippery with a thin layer of snowcover. French was on the scene 6.00. How fast could Fernie get there?

All this does not make sense to me. Is Fernie lying or is there a plausible explanation for this that I don't see.
For one thing Fernie must have had some incredible eye sight requiring no correction to read it clear from outside through a locked door. The implication being to support John R's saying he dropped to the floor and read it in his undies. However unlikely that would be for a buisness man to do. But How did Patsy just recall if she wasn't reading it the part that said Victory SBTC ....... nothing meshs nothing matches up and It'd be really difficult for Fernie to have made it to the Ramseys in that amount of time. Granted slick streets. But probably empty streets. Holiday etc. Possible if you stretch from a comfort zone of getting up and getting dressed. You know they never got the records conveniently so to the cell phone. I think some people were called sooner than said. And covered. JMHO. Also Fleet White in interview said he was contacted by the attorneys on the 26th. How can that be? How fast did the Ramseys lawyer up really.....it seems by all accounts faster than claimed. JMHO/

coloradokares said:
For one thing Fernie must have had some incredible eye sight requiring no correction to read it clear from outside through a locked door. The implication being to support John R's saying he dropped to the floor and read it in his undies. However unlikely that would be for a buisness man to do. But How did Patsy just recall if she wasn't reading it the part that said Victory SBTC ....... nothing meshs nothing matches up and It'd be really difficult for Fernie to have made it to the Ramseys in that amount of time. Granted slick streets. But probably empty streets. Holiday etc. Possible if you stretch from a comfort zone of getting up and getting dressed. You know they never got the records conveniently so to the cell phone. I think some people were called sooner than said. And covered. JMHO. Also Fleet White in interview said he was contacted by the attorneys on the 26th. How can that be? How fast did the Ramseys lawyer up really.....it seems by all accounts faster than claimed. JMHO/
I read that witnesses were interviewed on the 27th and they had already been interviewed by investigators for the Ramseys. John Ramsey even implicated Jay from Pasta Jay's. The man let them live at his house and brought them dinner home every night. He said he tried so hard to cheer them up and would open the door at night saying "honey, I'm home". He sounds like a great friend and somebody who cared, but John throws him away, saying he owned a stun gun.

coloradokares said:
I have not seen a single interview of Fleet White's. Could you please provide the link for this interview?

Trose said:
I have not seen a single interview of Fleet White's. Could you please provide the link for this interview?
Give me a few ...new computer. I'll either get you a page number or link which ever fits.

coloradokares said:
For one thing Fernie must have had some incredible eye sight requiring no correction to read it clear from outside through a locked door. JMHO/
Indeed. And the door he is talking about is the glass door leadning to the pre-kitchen. It would be just impossible to read the note if it was left by the spiral staircase were JR read it. Fernies statement just don't make sense.

tumble said:
Indeed. And the door he is talking about is the glass door leadning to the pre-kitchen. It would be just impossible to read the note if it was left by the spiral staircase were JR read it. Fernies statement just don't make sense.
That is only one of the things that make ya go hmmmmmmm:waitasec:

Solace said:
I read that witnesses were interviewed on the 27th and they had already been interviewed by investigators for the Ramseys. John Ramsey even implicated Jay from Pasta Jay's. The man let them live at his house and brought them dinner home every night. He said he tried so hard to cheer them up and would open the door at night saying "honey, I'm home". He sounds like a great friend and somebody who cared, but John throws him away, saying he owned a stun gun.
Now that was a sad situation. And many others. One by one the Ramseys discarded their friends and tried to imply they were implicated in the death of JonBenet. One reason they have virutually no friends left in Boulder at all but the Stines and they moved to Atlanta with the Ramseys. Which if anything should be suspicious enough to warrant some investigation in and of itself. No one was more maligned however for no cause that Fleet and Priscilla White IMHO. What Fleet and Priscilla were so upset about was the apparent lack of cooperation right from the beginning in the investigation into JonBenets death which is detailed so well in their public letters . How would you have liked to have been in their shoes or Pasta Jays........ pathetic.

tumble said:
White claims Fernie was there when he arrived. Fernie claims White was there when he arrived. Who's the liar? Take your pick.

Trose said:
White claims Fernie was there when he arrived. Fernie claims White was there when he arrived. Who's the liar? Take your pick.
Or both. Seems Fernie lies about reading the note regardless of what White has to say.

tumble said:
Or both. Seems Fernie lies about reading the note regardless of what White has to say.
Yeah, I see what you mean. They probably both killed JonBenet the night before and then snuck out only to reappear in the morning too tired to realize what they were saying. Good point, thanks for helping me out with that one.

Trose said:
I already have.

I have done some more study of the floor plans of the house and it seems that Fernie maybe looked in through another door(i.e. not the Butler Kitchen door) namely the door just by the phone just next to the alleged escape route through the metal gate.

I still think it is odd that in that case JR lays out the note here instead of placing it at a table. And as this door does not seem to be a complete glass door Fernies statement of reading the note through the door is still strange.

If we are to believe it all the note supposedly lays around on the floor were JR left it. That means French did not secure the note on arrival and maybe not even Reichenbacher.

Fernie claims to have left footprints in the snow. This statement is very interesting as he is walking just the path an alleged intruder through the metal grate would use. He does not report seeing any prints before him.

tumble said:
I have done some more study of the floor plans of the house and it seems that Fernie maybe looked in through another door(i.e. not the Butler Kitchen door) namely the door just by the phone just next to the alleged escape route through the metal gate.

I still think it is odd that in that case JR lays out the note here instead of placing it at a table. And as this door does not seem to be a complete glass door Fernies statement of reading the note through the door is still strange.

If we are to believe it all the note supposedly lays around on the floor were JR left it. That means French did not secure the note on arrival and maybe not even Reichenbacher.

Fernie claims to have left footprints in the snow. This statement is very interesting as he is walking just the path an alleged intruder through the metal grate would use. He does not report seeing any prints before him.
I cannot explain exactly how I know you couldnt see a note through the doors but I don't see how you could. Lets say it this way. Many years after the murder, I not only drove by I stopped. I stood there in total silence for I don't know ....hour plus....I walked around a bit. I drive by alot. The whole house is much different in layout than you'd of thought its bigger than it looks from the front of the street for one thing. If an intruder would have been there unless he had wings to fly.....there would of been foot prints. There were none according to first officers on the scene. Not Fernies or any foot print. Even later lets say Fernie shows up. I may not have x ray vision but still how he could have read that note makes no sense to me.

Reichenbach arrived at 6.45. Fernie must have arrived around 6.20 when Fleet White also had arrived. Reichenbach said he searched the exterior of the house and reports that he saw no prints. Those version simply don't fit.

Fernie said

"went around to the patio door, which was a glass door leading into the kitchen"

This sure sounds more like the 'Butler kitchen door' which was a glass door leadning into the kitchen. From this door there is no view up into the hallway with the spiral staircase. It is almost like Fernie has massed up his version of events, something you almost never do if you have experienced them in reality but sometimes do when you are fabricating.

The door Fernie was referring to was the side door....a glass door. Fernie claims that he tried to enter the door but it was locked. So he sees the note on the floor and reads it. This door looks into a hallway...the hallway where John supposedly reads the note. Fernie then enters the home through the front door.

Toltec said:
The door Fernie was referring to was the side door....a glass door. Fernie claims that he tried to enter the door but it was locked. So he sees the note on the floor and reads it. This door looks into a hallway...the hallway where John supposedly reads the note. Fernie then enters the home through the front door.

Yes....its on the side and the point? Not trying to be obstinate in any way just saying I don't see how its possible to have read the note from that door. But that is just my opinion.

JMO8778 said:
me too,right there with ya.seems pretty easy,IMO.
;) I thought so too. Pretty easy I didn't even have to utilize half my IQ and I scored bingo on that one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back