NC - Larry Jewell for child sexual abuse, Dunn, 2007

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/1205674/

I hadn't heard of this case, nor could I find anything here about it:

Lillington — A former Southeast Raleigh Magnet High School assistant principal faces 46 sex-related charges involving minors, and police said Friday that an ongoing investigation could lead to more charges.

Larry Ray Jewell, 57, 104 Queensbury Drive in Dunn, was charged Thursday with 24 counts of sex offense in a parental role. He was arrested at the school, shortly after he resigned as one of four assistant principals at Southeast Raleigh High.

The charges involve a boy between the ages of 10 and 20, and incidents as far back as 10 years, said Sgt. David Whittenton of the Dunn Police Department. Police are talking to two other boys who also might have been victimized, and more charges are possible, he said.

In 1983, Jewell was charged with solicitation of a crime against nature, but he pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct.

The Wake County school system did a background check before hiring Jewell and found nothing, spokesman Michael Evans said.

"It didn't show up, or information was falsified either in the application or in the interview process," Evans said.
(excerpts from the link above)

(What's a crime against nature?) Or do I really want to know? :furious:

Re: What's a crime against nature.

I suppose it could be any act that cannot be seen as "natural" such as sex with children, beastiality, by force, etc.

Or as described here:
http://criminal-law.freeadvice.com/violent_crimes/crime_nature.htm

What is considered a ‘crime against nature’?
hr-dotted400.gif
A "crime against nature", or "sodomy" is a felony in some states, although not often prosecuted. It can be any of the following:

Bestiality - the act of sexual intercourse between a human being and an animal.

Buggery - anal intercourse between a man and either a man or a woman.

Pederasty - buggery committed between a man and a young boy.

Fellatio - the oral stimulation of the male sex organ.

Cunnilingus - the oral stimulation of the female sex organ.

Why thank you, Marstan. I wasn't really sure I wanted to google that phrase! :chicken: :chicken:

RALEIGH -- A former North Carolina assistant principal has pleaded guilty to inappropriately touching a student on school property.

Larry Ray Jewell was sentenced Oct. 28 to six to eight months in prison. The 58-year-old was given credit for time served while waiting for trial.

Jewell was an assistant principal at Southeast Raleigh High School and was arrested in February 2007. Prosecutor Jeff Cruden said Jewell and the victim were in Jewell's office when he began inappropriately touching the student and himself.

Last month, Jewell pleaded guilty to 15 counts of indecent liberties with a minor in a case involving a male relative in Harnett County. He received a four- to five-year prison sentence.

He's being held in the Craven Correctional Institution in Vanceboro.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=6490515

:furious::furious::furious:

Larry Ray Jewell's projected release date is 07/06/2011. Total time served: 2 years 9 months 8 days.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back