Sticky rice helps insomniacs

Hehehe about that being her real name Dingo.

Well, it wont help me, I dont have trouble getting to sleep I have trouble staying alseep.

Ive been the same since I gave up the smokes Narla..and I having the wierdest dreams...Im having to take a restavit to help me stay asleep.

dingo said:
Ive been the same since I gave up the smokes Narla..and I having the wierdest dreams...Im having to take a restavit to help me stay asleep.
I really should try that Dingo.
I'm also going back on the happy pills, maybe that will help me sleep better too, who knows, I've been a crappy sleeper for so long now I can't remember when I slept normal.

I really do like sticky rice though, maybe I will eat a bowl before bed just for the hell of it lol

It cant hurt..can it:p ......how many calories in a bowl of glutionus rice I wonder.

dingo said:
It cant hurt..can it:p ......how many calories in a bowl of glutionus rice I wonder.
Hmmm and it's really not good to eat straight before bed anyway.
I've heard you shouldn't eat after 8 30 pm, not sure how true that is though.

Just read the article again and Dr Chow:p says to eat the rice 4 hrs before beddie byes.

dingo said:
Just read the article again and Dr Chow:p says to eat the rice 4 hrs before beddie byes.
Oh ok, I thought it said straight before bed, musn't have read that properly :p

What is sticky rice? Do you just cook the long grain rice normally and I wonder if instant rice would be the same thing?

Look for glutinous or sushi rice in the grocery store.

dingo said:
Hi Dingo , I tried Restavit but woke up with a headache andfelt like i had been run over by a train. Bloody awful... So I am giving those things awide berth..

txsvicki said:
What is sticky rice? Do you just cook the long grain rice normally and I wonder if instant rice would be the same thing?
Look for Jasmine rice, which is shorter grain, and higher on the Glycemic Index--it will have a quicker effect on your blood sugar which is conducive to putting you to sleep.

higher GI jasmine rice which has shorter grains and a stodgier consistency.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back