Rats Run Wild in KFC-Taco Bell in N.Y.

graybar hotel

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ASSOCIATED PRESS

NEW YORK (AP) -

0223dv-ny-rats A dozen rats were caught on video scurrying around the floor of a New York City KFC/Taco Bell restaurant early Friday, running between counters and tables and climbing on children's high chairs.

News crews flocked to the windows of the Greenwich Village neighborhood restaurant, which hadn't opened for the day. By midmorning, the footage was all over the Internet and television news shows, with onlookers giving a play-by-play from the sidewalk as the rodents moved about.

"He's coming for his close-up," one bystander said as a rat came near the window.

Read more here if you have the stomach:
http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stories/nat-gen/2007/feb/23/022308035.html

graybar hotel said:
ASSOCIATED PRESS

NEW YORK (AP) -

0223dv-ny-rats A dozen rats were caught on video scurrying around the floor of a New York City KFC/Taco Bell restaurant early Friday, running between counters and tables and climbing on children's high chairs.

News crews flocked to the windows of the Greenwich Village neighborhood restaurant, which hadn't opened for the day. By midmorning, the footage was all over the Internet and television news shows, with onlookers giving a play-by-play from the sidewalk as the rodents moved about.

"He's coming for his close-up," one bystander said as a rat came near the window.

Read more here if you have the stomach:
http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stories/nat-gen/2007/feb/23/022308035.html
That was on TV here in Australia, it was absolutely disgusting. Does anyone know if anything has been done about it as there has not been any more information publicised.:sick:

I think this sort of thing is a lot more common than we want to think. I know I worked at a "decent" restaurant in college, a nice place that was run well, but it was crawling with cockroaches and had several generations of mice living there. :sick:

The managers had exterminators in regularly, and we had to be pretty scrupulous about kitchen cleanliness, but kitchens are food-filled places no matter what you do.

It really grossed me out. Now I just try to live in the world of denial when I think about restaurant kitchens. La la la la, I don't hear you!!!!

dingo said:
Ewwwwwww:sick:
Triple Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww Dingo!

I feel sorry for anyone who might have consumed food there as of late due to the health problems this might have posed. One never knows what might have gotten in the so-called "FOOD" (Rodent Alert)

I can't believe these fast food restaurants were inspected by reliable workers in Decemeber that let them do business when they found evidence of rat droppings.:doh:

Gozgals

yeah, it's funny that this made the news because it happens all the time, everywhere. fine dining, crappy dining, you name it. the others just don't get caught with a hidden video camera and have it plastered all over youtube.

i think McD's could take this & run with it... it's all about marketing anyway.... McRatBurger with cheese, anyone....??

reb said:
yeah, it's funny that this made the news because it happens all the time, everywhere. fine dining, crappy dining, you name it. the others just don't get caught with a hidden video camera and have it plastered all over youtube.

i think McD's could take this & run with it... it's all about marketing anyway.... McRatBurger with cheese, anyone....??
Back in college, I had an agreement with the Palmetto Bugs in my apartment(think cockroaches on steroids). They didn't come out during the day, and I didn't get up during the night.

:)

GlitchWizard said:
Back in college, I had an agreement with the Palmetto Bugs in my apartment(think cockroaches on steroids). They didn't come out during the day, and I didn't get up during the night.

---you mean the roaches were nice enough not to crawl in your bed? lol

GlitchWizard said:

--I don't see how you could live with those things--why didn't you just get another apartment, one that doesn't have roaches??

Peter Hamilton said:
---you mean the roaches were nice enough not to crawl in your bed? lol
If they did, I was too drunk to notice. I went to the University of Florida, and thought drinking was a requirement back then. :)

Peter Hamilton said:
--I don't see how you could live with those things--why didn't you just get another apartment, one that doesn't have roaches??
It was Florida in the summertime, I was an unkempt 17 year old.
WHAT apartment wouldn't have roaches?

Rumor has it that one of the pens broke open and the future steak fahita's got loose.

J/K

Did anyone see Jay Leno's reaction to this? He had someone bring out a burrito with a tail sticking out of it, the package wiggling and the word BURRATO printed on the paper. It was hilarious! But geez, this is bad for Taco Bell. First the E-coli and now the rats. And I am sad because I really enjoy Taco Bell.

kittykat1 said:
Did anyone see Jay Leno's reaction to this? He had someone bring out a burrito with a tail sticking out of it, the package wiggling and the word BURRATO printed on the paper. It was hilarious! But geez, this is bad for Taco Bell. First the E-coli and now the rats. And I am sad because I really enjoy Taco Bell.
I read this news before I left work yesterday, yet I didn't even think about it when I went through the drive through at Taco Bell. There was the usual line, too - so I think most people realize that as long they aren't serving them, it's the same as everywhere else.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back