I bet Cruella DeVil is mad she missed the sale!

hipmamajen

I love the friends I have gathered together on thi
Reaction score
Some coats may have fur from dogs

The investigation began after the society got a tip from a consumer who bought a coat with trim labeled as faux fur that felt real. Leppert and her team began buying coats from popular retailers and then had the coats tested by mass spectrometry, which measures the mass and sequence of proteins, to determine what species of animal the fur came from.
Of the 25 coats tested, 24 were mislabeled or misadvertised.

Three coats — from Tommy Hilfiger's Web site ShopTommy.com, Nordstrom.com and a coat from Andrew Marc's MARC New York line sold on Bluefly.com — contained fur from domesticated dogs. The others had fur from raccoon dogs — a canine species native to Asia — or, in one case, wolves. The single correctly labeled coat was trimmed with coyote fur, but it was advertised as fake.

I don't really care if people wear fur or not, but I think they should KNOW that's what they're buying!

That's the thing, I'm not going to go into the whole fur/no-fur debate, but I'm fairly certain most people wouldn't wear dog. This fur is not only fur from the raccoon dog, but it is fur from domesticated dogs....dogs that you and I have living in our house. About a year ago, another country did a test on the little fur mice that you give to cats as toys, only to find that the fur was actually cat fur. Something is not right about that.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back