Patsy's paintings

Jayelles

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Where have these gone? I can't find them and I can't remember who the poster was.

found - see post below.

Thank you BB3, but that is not the painting I am referring to. It's the self-portrait of Patsy which she showed on the CBS 48 hours in 2002. Someone mentioned it here and posted the images, but I cannot find those posts, nor my replies anywhere. This was just a day or two ago.

Jayelles said:
Thank you BB3, but that is not the painting I am referring to. It's the self-portrait of Patsy which she showed on the CBS 48 hours in 2002. Someone mentioned it here and posted the images, but I cannot find those posts, nor my replies anywhere. This was just a day or two ago.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/10/01/48hours/main523869.shtml
“We could find the killer tomorrow, he could be arrested, convicted and jailed, and there’d still be 20 per cent of the population would think that we had something to do with it,” says John.

IMHO: So...what's the goal here JOHN?

... FYI (URL below):

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/10/01/48hours/main523875.shtml

“You’re going down the wrong path, Buddy,” said Patsy.

Haney continued: “OK. Somebody accidentally or somebody gets upset over bedwetting, that’s one of the things that’s been proposed.”

“Didn’t happen,” said Patsy. “If she got up in the night and ran into somebody, it was somebody there that wasn’t supposed to be there. I don’t know what transpired after that, whether it was accident, intentional, premeditated or what not. It was not one of her three family members that were also in that house. Period. End of statement.”

IMHO...Both Ramseys are "out to lunch/lites on-nobody home"" literally out of their minds/thinking...

Could you post background info on those paintings? Where were they, etc. etc. and how do we know they are Patsy's. I'd sure like to authenticate them and include them in my current analysis.

twilight said:
Could you post background info on those paintings? Where were they, etc. etc. and how do we know they are Patsy's. I'd sure like to authenticate them and include them in my current analysis.

http://www.jonbenetindexguide.com/10042002-48hrs-pic2.htm

They are from ACR's screen captures of 48 Hours. Patsy herself showed the paintings. There was also a thread at *******'s about this particular painting. Seemingly, ******* saw it and she discussed being able to sense Patsy's suffering in the painting. This painting also has Patsy under "the umbrella" if you look carefully, you will see the umbrella. ******* did not mention the mark on the skull or on the neck.

Thanks Jayelle. BTW, I tried to send you a message the other day and discovered your mailbox is full. Are you aware of that? I was looking for background info on a word you had used. No, not hence. This time it was whilst.

I've studied art interpretation and art therapy for years. I don't see anything remarkable in those two works other than she seems to be a thinking type. More examples are needed, not only of completed works but of doodles. The self portrait is post modern and the still life more on the impressionist style. The self portait is a bit distant, cold and critical, heavy handed, face/head oriented, image oriented with a pronounced geometric symbol centering the face.

Jean Brodie's passion was for pictorial art.

What's your take twilight?

Jayelles said:
The posts in question were on another forum. However, it is interesting, here are the links to the paintings. Note the distinct shapes on patsy's self-portrait which are eerily reminiscent of the hole in JonBenet's skull and the pear-shaped abrasion on her neck:-

The skull:-

http://www.jonbenetindexguide.com/10042002-344.jpg

The neck:-

http://www.jonbenetindexguide.com/10042002-341.jpg

Shades of Patricia Cornwell's JTR theory on Walter Sickert?

WOW...thanks for the insight...I saw DARKNESS(BLACK) where JonBenet's head injury was...but I didn't see the neck injury (pear shape)...any clues?

twilight said:
Thanks Jayelle. BTW, I tried to send you a message the other day and discovered your mailbox is full. Are you aware of that? I was looking for background info on a word you had used. No, not hence. This time it was whilst.

Thanx for the knowledge=-Interesting WORD info...
Main Entry: whilst
Pronunciation: 'hwI(&)lst, 'wI(&)lst
Function: conjunction
Etymology: Middle English whilest, alteration of whiles
Date: 14th century
chiefly British : WHILE

Main Entry: [1]WHILE
Pronunciation: 'hwI(&)l, 'wI(&)l
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English hwIl; akin to Old High German hwIla time, Latin quies rest, quiet
Date: before 12th century
1 : a period of time especially when short and marked by the occurrence of an action or a condition : TIME <stay here for a while>
2 : the time and effort used (as in the performance of an action) : TROUBLE <worth your while>

twilight said:

I got an e-mail telling me my inbox was full and I cleared it a little.

IB me again. You've got me worried:) Whilst is a common word here!

BrotherMoon said:
I've studied art interpretation and art therapy for years. I don't see anything remarkable in those two works other than she seems to be a thinking type. More examples are needed, not only of completed works but of doodles. The self portrait is post modern and the still life more on the impressionist style. The self portait is a bit distant, cold and critical, heavy handed, face/head oriented, image oriented with a pronounced geometric symbol centering the face.

Jean Brodie's passion was for pictorial art.

What's your take twilight?

Thanks for describing the painting - does that say anything about the artist? I'm afraid I'm not in the least artistic. A painting either appeals or not. I *really* like Lowry's busy paintings of "matchstock men and matchstock cats and dogs" (not mispelt - that's the words of a song about Lowry's art). I like them because everytime I look at them, I see something new. OTOH, I'm a huge fan of Tricia Romance and I have two beautiful limited edition prints of hers - wonderful Christmassy scenes of Niagara on the Lake. I find them to be real soul candy.

I'd be careful about drawing parallels to JonBenet's injury from the painting although that can't be totally dismissed.

The self portrait looks like a painting of a bust as many busts begin at the shoulders. The figure is manikin like. Both paintings then are still lifes so to speak. Both paintings have a window in the background. The head blocks the window. Portraits are usually lit from one of the upper corners. This one doesn't seem to be lit from anywhere. If the colors I see are true to the work then the yellow is greenish and the reds are purplish, both cooled versions of warm colors. This is a dark work.

My wife's first impression was that the figure looked young. It is very geometric and children's drawings of people pass through a geometric phase from undistinguishable scribbles to circular patterns to mandala patterns to stick figures. The thin neck is an attempt at idealization, not representation, and suggests a proportional importance if favor of the mind over the body. The figure has some volume to it but the triangle nose is two dimensional. The room is unadorned and the figure solitary, isolated. I'm reminded of a sculpture of a sleeping figure in a prison cell who can only dream of itself in the cell asleep. This is Hell.

The still life has some Cezanne perspective to the fruit and plate. Patsy has studied art. The windows in the background look like the bars of a cage. :behindbar

Sandy Stranger ends up a cloistered nun grasping the bars of a windowed door looking out at the world she has left behind. Paul of Tarsus described himself as a prisoner of the Lord.

Jayelles said:
The posts in question were on another forum. However, it is interesting, here are the links to the paintings. Note the distinct shapes on patsy's self-portrait which are eerily reminiscent of the hole in JonBenet's skull and the pear-shaped abrasion on her neck:-

The skull:-

http://www.jonbenetindexguide.com/10042002-344.jpg

I saw that as soon as I hit the link :clap:

Why would Patsy leave such telling things?

Thank you for posting that. I like art and I like literature, but I have not been blessed with a vivid imagination. I really appreciate it when someone explains meanings and perspectives to me that I wouldn't otherwise develop by myself. I studied literature at University as a minor subject and every lecture was a revelation to me as suggestions were made about the writers intent.

I have found your posts on this to be most interesting.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back