GUILTY CO - Linda Damm Juergens, 52, stabbed to death, Lafayette, 27 Jan 2007

aussieone

Reaction score
The decomposing body of a Lafayette mother — who had been stabbed in the neck multiple times as long as a month ago — was stuffed in the back of a Subaru wagon parked in her garage when police found her this week.
The grisly discovery led to the arrest of the victim's daughter, Tess Damm, 15; the girl's boyfriend, Bryan Grove, 17; and his friend, Jared Smith, 16; all who could be charged today in the homicide of Linda Juergens. The three teens attended Centaurus High School
Police are working on a theory that Grove killed Juergens by himself without the knowledge of her daughter, sources close to the case said. The 52-year-old woman's body was moved a few times around the house and ended up in Juergens' light-blue wagon parked inside her two-car garage.
http://dailycamera.com/news/2007/mar/02/mother-stabbed-stuffed-in-subaru/

Story with updates & links here:
http://truecrimeblog.blogspot.com/2007/03/screams-painted-on-walls.html

I read this on True Crime Blog last night. (http://truecrimeblog.blogspot.com/)
Steve Huff has some very interesting stuff on this. Lots of myspace writings and other blogs from the teens.
Seems like these kids partied in this house for possibly two weeks all the while moving the Mom's dead body to different parts of the house.
Glad you posted about it Aussie

This has to be one of the SICKEST stories I've read so far this year.

SICK, SICK, SICK

That poor mother, whether she was an alcoholic or not, no one deserves to die this way. I'd hate to be one of their neighbors and have to pass the house everyday.

I say death penalty, juveniles or not.

:hand:

Elliemae said:

SICK, SICK, SICK

That poor mother, whether she was an alcoholic or not, no one deserves to die this way. I'd hate to be one of their neighbors and have to pass the house everyday.

Alcoholic or not???
POOR mother my a$$

Okay a bit OT but , I drive a Subaru, so do two of my best friends....why did the headline have to include "Subaru" couldn't they have just said wagon. Now we are all creeped out when we look at our Subaru wagons. One told me last night she was afraid to open the hatch and look under her cargo cover now. She's freaked out. ;)

Elliemae said:

SICK, SICK, SICK

I AGREE!!!!

Amraann said:
Alcoholic or not???
POOR mother my a$$
Because she was a SUPPOSED alcoholic she deserved to be murdered?

This little girl has a lot to learn about life. I went through a lot in my life, my mother, my grandmother, my great grandmother - all alcoholics. Not one the daughters murdered anyone.
Besides that, 16 year old little girls who have no daddies often seek attention. She was trying to be a badass to fit in with her boyfriend. What better way to do that than to cause problems and say my mommy is an alcoholic. Looked like a nice home to me. A single alcoholic mother, being strict as the neighbors say, keeping a normally clean home, able to maintain a home on her own - somebody isn't telling the whole truth. I wouldn't be surprised to find out this woman wasn't an alcoholic at all.

Amraann said:
Alcoholic or not???
POOR mother my a$$
OK, I know you're just trying to goad me, but I'm not taking the bait.

Or maybe you are one of the teenagers who partied at the house for two weeks.

I have a 1999 Subaru Outback. That creeps me out too.

e

Elliemae said:
OK, I know you're just trying to goad me, but I'm not taking the bait.

Or maybe you are one of the teenagers who partied at the house for two weeks.

I have a 1999 Subaru Outback. That creeps me out too.

e
Yeah, best not to take the bait. Doesn't matter if she shot up herion in front of the kid in IMO.

And glad we are not the only ones with Subaru's it creeps out. :crazy:

UPDATE:
Fifteen-year-old Tess Damm wore a dark blue Henley shirt, jeans and white tennis shoes, looking like a typical teenager.But the metal cuffs around her wrists and ankles hinted at the severity of the circumstances — she and another teen were ordered held without bond in her mother's homicide.
The slender blonde showed little emotion during the 10-minute court proceeding Friday, licking and biting her lips as she scanned the courtroom with wide eyes.Jared Smith, 16, sat at the other end of the jury box, wearing shackles and a green smock over an orange T-shirt. He looked down, leaning back in his seat.
Magistrate T.J. Cole told the girl and boy that they are a threat to themselves and the community and would not be allowed to leave juvenile detention.Cole read them their rights and warned that they could be sentenced to as many as seven years in juvenile jail or receive adult prison sentences, depending on charges filed by the District Attorney’s Office.
When Cole said their parents, too, could be held culpable for their actions, Damm looked down at the floor. Police are working on a theory that Bryan Grove, Tess’ 17-year-old boyfriend, fatally stabbed Linda Damm, 52, also known as Linda Juergens, sources close to the case said. Grove did not appear in court Friday as scheduled, fueling speculation that he will face adult charges in district court. The woman’s body was found Wednesday in the back of her Subaru wagon parked in her garage at 705 Brome Place. Lafayette police received an anonymous tip Tuesday night about the slaying.
Neighbors said the three teens had been hanging around the Lafayette house at all hours, causing trouble, for weeks before police arrived. Sources said she may have been dead for at least a few weeks.
Tess Damm took a spot at the lectern briefly Friday with her court-appointed attorney, Beth Kelley, who asked the judge to order Social Services to look into a place the girl could go if she is released from custody. Damm’s father, Michael Damm, did not come to Colorado for the hearing and said he doesn’t plan to help his daughter in the case. Two of the girl’s uncles were in the courtroom, though, and, following the hearing, they met with the district attorney for an hour. Both men declined to comment.
Smith’s parents stood next to him, alongside defense attorney Lance Goff, when his case was called. Goff told the court they were waiting for an evaluation of Smith to take place before making an argument for his release.
Prosecutor Adrian Van Nice asked the court to order that the teens be kept away from each other, and Magistrate Cole said Smith could be moved from Boulder to the Platte Valley Detention Center in Weld County.
Because of an unspecified conflict, Cole said he could not preside over Damm’s and Smith’s cases, so he sent them to Boulder County District Court for charging Wednesday. That, however, does not mean they will be charged as adults.

Hi aussieone welcome to Websleuths.
What a sick bunch of juveniles.......whether the mum was an alcholic or not..she didnt deserve what happened to her........

I'm not defending alcoholism, but how can you condemn her without knowing her life history too? She may very well have grown up in as bad an environment or worse then her daughter. Sure she could straighten herself out, but where do you pen blame specifically when it's a generational family problem? And I just glimpsed the articles, but I don't recall anything about physical abuse? She just said they didn't get along, she could never satisfy her mom and they fought. Everyone who has had a teenage daughter has had times when they didn't get along, fought or your daughter may have perceived your actions as "horrible" even though you were just making reasonable rules. So because a teen who also admits she drinks says her mom was bad and drank, it's ok that she was murdered? She may have been alcoholic, and she may have been a "bad" parent, but I've not seen anything that screams out death penalty for the Mom was deserved.

Well said Malapoo.......I see the mother as the victom....no matter what she did she didnt deserve to be murdered...she also didnt deserve the treatment and disrespect shown to body after her death...it will be interesting to see what other details emerge from this gruesome crime......the daughters reaction seems to be .. mums dead ..lets party.......

Tess Damm's uncles said Saturday that they'll support the 15-year-old Lafayette girl who's being held in her mother's stabbing death. "We're all she's got," said the brother of Linda Damm, 52, who was found dead at her Lafayette home Wednesday. "We'll be by Tess's side."
The uncles confirmed Saturday that Linda Damm struggled with alcoholism for years and was in and out of treatment "She tried to get help," her brother said. He said she was a private woman who "just raised her daughter." They knew her relationship with the teen was troubled and that she battled to keep Tess in school. "She survived day by day," the brother said.
They also said they've talked with Tess Damm briefly since she's been in custody at the Boulder County Juvenile Detention Center. They also attended her brief court hearing Friday. "She seems kind of numb, one said. "She didn't have much to say." The girl got emotional when she saw them, but didn't have any special requests, they said. "She was sad," the other uncle said. "Very sad."

I don't believe that I said she desrved to be murdered.

I do however feel that HER OWN behavoir, in part, led to this.

UPDATE:
A fourth teen has been arrested in the homicide of a 52-year-old Lafayette woman. Jared Sajal Guy, 18, is suspected of trying to help dump Linda Damm's body after she was stabbed to death, a source close to the case said. Guy is suspected of helping in a scheme to get rid of the decomposing body by driving it to the mountains to bury it, the source said, but during the ride, he and another one of the teens got scared and turned around. The body then remained in the back of Damm's light-blue Subaru wagon parked in her garage at 705 W. Brome Place, where authorities working from an anonymous tip found it Wednesday.
Guy appeared briefly at a court hearing Monday at the Boulder County Jail to be read his rights. He could be charged Wednesday for accessory to murder after the fact — a felony that has a maximum prison sentence of six years. "I know what I did was wrong," Guy said, before pleading unsuccessfully with the magistrate to reduce his $500,000 bond. "I haven't even graduated yet. ... If I'm here any longer, my future will be torn apart." Guy will be charged as an adult because he's 18, but it's unknown whether the others will be treated as juveniles or adults.
Grove and Guy had a tight bond because they were adopted from the same Indian orphanage, and when Grove got in trouble, he called his "brother" for help, according to a 16-year-old friend of the teens who attended Guy's court hearing. She said the story Grove told Guy was that he stabbed Damm in self-defense.

Amraann said:

As a general rule most victims behavior leads to or contributes to their death, but that being said it does not mean they deserve what happens to them. So your sayin 'POOR mother my a$$' just seemed very harsh.

If I go to the store for a can of soup and there is a perp around and he takes me from the parking lot and kills me, my going to the store contributed to my death, but it does not mean I deserve it. Now, I get drunk drive into a pole and kill myself....I contributed to it and I deserve it. In this case she may have been a to her daugther, but she does not deserve to be killed and then drug around from place to place like garbage they didn't know what to do with.

Amraann said:

And exactly WHAT do you know for a FACT about her behavior? My best guess would be NOTHING.

I grew up in a two-parent alcoholic home, and I didn't kill either one of my parents. I was out on my own by the age of 15.

I think it is sickening that the mother who was murdered is being yet again victimized. If she did have a drinking problem who is to say that she wasn't just a mellow person when she was drinking? No one here knows this woman or what she was like drunk or sober. It sounds like she was able to hold down a good job, provide for herself and her daughter so it doesn't look like she just layed around day and night drinking...living in a shack with no food or clothing.

I'm getting the idea that the daughter was a real handfull. The uncle said that the mom had a difficult time keeping her daughter in school. Sounds like the girl was more interested in socializing and partying then getting an education. Now days if your kid isn't in school until they turn 18 yrs or graduate YOU are the one who ends up in trouble with the courts. I've been there. Many kids now days are totally disrespectful to their parents and are bound and determined to do whatever they want to do whether you like it or not. Unless you tie them to a bedpost and then drag them to school everyday you are fighting a losing battle with a lot of kids now days.

How could this girl party for weeks with her mom's body in different rooms of the house? I highly doubt that she was in shock by the time she got to court. Maybe she was in shock that she got caught but she had weeks to come to terms with the murder and to do something about it...like turn her boyfriend in. She is just as guilty as the others and I hope she doesn't get away with this murder. It makes me sick if this girl is using her mother's drinking as an excuse for the murder. It sounds to me that this girl just didn't like mom's rules and decided that life would be better if mom wasn't around to tell her what to do. Kids murdering their parents because they don't like the house rules happens more and more lately. I hope neighbors come forward and give statements as to what the family life was really like. Especially those who really knew the mother and daughter. I would bet money that this girl had nice name brand clothing and everything else that girls her age have. She just didn't like being told what to do. And the chances are good that mom didn't approve of the boyfriend. It will be interesting to see how this all comes out as time goes by.

Bobbisangel said:
I think it is sickening that the mother who was murdered is being yet again victimized. If she did have a drinking problem who is to say that she wasn't just a mellow person when she was drinking? No one here knows this woman or what she was like drunk or sober. It sounds like she was able to hold down a good job, provide for herself and her daughter so it doesn't look like she just layed around day and night drinking...living in a shack with no food or clothing.

I'm getting the idea that the daughter was a real handfull. The uncle said that the mom had a difficult time keeping her daughter in school. Sounds like the girl was more interested in socializing and partying then getting an education. Now days if your kid isn't in school until they turn 18 yrs or graduate YOU are the one who ends up in trouble with the courts. I've been there. Many kids now days are totally disrespectful to their parents and are bound and determined to do whatever they want to do whether you like it or not. Unless you tie them to a bedpost and then drag them to school everyday you are fighting a losing battle with a lot of kids now days.

How could this girl party for weeks with her mom's body in different rooms of the house? I highly doubt that she was in shock by the time she got to court. Maybe she was in shock that she got caught but she had weeks to come to terms with the murder and to do something about it...like turn her boyfriend in. She is just as guilty as the others and I hope she doesn't get away with this murder. It makes me sick if this girl is using her mother's drinking as an excuse for the murder. It sounds to me that this girl just didn't like mom's rules and decided that life would be better if mom wasn't around to tell her what to do. Kids murdering their parents because they don't like the house rules happens more and more lately. I hope neighbors come forward and give statements as to what the family life was really like. Especially those who really knew the mother and daughter. I would bet money that this girl had nice name brand clothing and everything else that girls her age have. She just didn't like being told what to do. And the chances are good that mom didn't approve of the boyfriend. It will be interesting to see how this all comes out as time goes by.
I couldn't have said it better myself Bobbisangel! She doesn't deserve to be victimized again. I believe one of the TOS to rail against the victim of the crime, but then again, I'm probably wrong.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back