GA - Ashley Miller & Heather Johnston for bank robbery, Acworth, 2007

railbird

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Regarding the two gals that robbed a Georgia Bank. I hear that rather than being charged with bank robbery they will be charged with theft instead. I can't help but think that this has more than a little to do with their color and general good looks.

IMO, if it were two heavy set African-American girls of maybe just Af.-Am. girls they'd be facing bank robbery charges; the charge most people are charged with for robbing a bank regardless of how little they actually walk away with.

I am not saying that I agree that all should be charged with the federal charge of bank robbery. I think you have to look at the circumstances and act accordingly but, as I recall, most everyone is charged with bank robbery if they go in and demand money from a teller.

So, what's going on here?

i am putting my bets on this being a sorority initiation rite.

railbird said:
Regarding the two gals that robbed a Georgia Bank. I hear that rather than being charged with bank robbery they will be charged with theft instead. I can't help but think that this has more than a little to do with their color and general good looks.

IMO, if it were two heavy set African-American girls of maybe just Af.-Am. girls they'd be facing bank robbery charges; the charge most people are charged with for robbing a bank regardless of how little they actually walk away with.

I am not saying that I agree that all should be charged with the federal charge of bank robbery. I think you have to look at the circumstances and act accordingly but, as I recall, most everyone is charged with bank robbery if they go in and demand money from a teller.

Well,first of all, the "general good looks' opinion is quite debateable, if you see their real-life photos and not the grainy bank photo--they are quite unattractive imo--and your theory that there would be a higher charge if they were black is incorrect on two fronts--first of all, this was an inside job, so therefore the lesser charge and the inside job was only made possible by a black guy they knew from the bank.

They are not being charged with robbery b/c they did not commit a robbery. They conspired with an employee of the bank to fake a robbery and steal money. That is theft.

Having said that, I hope they don't get off easy. I can't believe the mother of one is saying that her daughter just fell in with the wrong crowd. Hello! Can we all figure out where this kid got her sense of entitlement?

These girls need a serious wake up call. If they are given probation/community service, etc. they will be doing much worse before long, IMHO. They obviously already think they can get away with anything. The courts cannot reinforce that.

angelmom said:
They are not being charged with robbery b/c they did not commit a robbery. They conspired with an employee of the bank to fake a robbery and steal money. That is theft.

Having said that, I hope they don't get off easy. I can't believe the mother of one is saying that her daughter just fell in with the wrong crowd. Hello! Can we all figure out where this kid got her sense of entitlement?

These girls need a serious wake up call. If they are given probation/community service, etc. they will be doing much worse before long, IMHO. They obviously already think they can get away with anything. The courts cannot reinforce that.
I agree - they couldn't make the robbery charges stick because of the fact that it was an inside job. They are following the law - not giving them a break because they are young white girls.

They have also tagged them with charges of possession of marijuana and X.

The first of two so-called "Barbie bandits" was sentenced Monday to 10 years in prison for her role in a bank heist that ended in a shopping spree.

Ashley Miller will have to serve only two years of the sentence and must complete the rest on probation. The 19-year-old pleaded guilty to theft and drug charges.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,340948,00.html

I got no idea. I'm too busy wondering what would happen to two anarexic transgender people with bad wigs. Oh, one Latino and the other Asian. Make that Korean to be exact, and Cuban maybe. For the love of Reverend Wright beauty is subjective. Plus you didn't give exact skin tone. That's an entirely different ballgame right there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back