Lead singer of the band Boston dies*merged threads*

Dark Knight

Reaction score
Brad Delp, the lead singer for the band Boston, was found dead Friday in his home in southern New Hampshire. He was 55.

Atkinson police responded to a call for help at 1:20 p.m. and found Delp dead. Lt. William Baldwin said in a news release that there was no indication of foul play.

"There was nothing disrupted in the house. He was a fairly healthy person from what we're able to ascertain," Police Chief Philip Consentino told WMUR-TV.

Delp apparently was alone at the time, Baldwin said.

The cause of death remained under investigation. Police said an incident report would not be available until Monday.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070310/ap_on_en_mu/obit_delp&printer=1

I played "More Than a Feeling" on my show last night in memory of him. :(

I am so sorry to hear this. The article mentioned that there was a response to a call for help, and that Brad was alone. So I am guessing that he felt ill, made the call for help, but didn't survive for long after that. How sad. I love that group, and I have such good memories that I recall every time I listen to their music. I will pray for Brad's family.

Off topic: DK you said you played, "More Than a Feeling" on your show last night. Do you have a radio show? I didn't know that.

Lion

LionRun said:
I am so sorry to hear this. The article mentioned that there was a response to a call for help, and that Brad was alone. So I am guessing that he felt ill, made the call for help, but didn't survive for long after that. How sad. I love that group, and I have such good memories that I recall every time I listen to their music. I will pray for Brad's family.

Off topic: DK you said you played, "More Than a Feeling" on your show last night. Do you have a radio show? I didn't know that.

Lion
Yes, I'm a night time radio DJ. We play Adult Top 40 with classic hits like that mixed in.

Ah, just my kind of music, DK. We have such diversity here on WS. People form all over the country, and some from other countries, and we have people in so many different career fields. It is one of the many reasons I like WS so much.

I can't get over that Brad Delp is gone. They stated that he seemed to be in fairly good health, and he was 55. I wonder if it was not a heart attack or a brain or pulmonary aneurysm. This was very unexpected, and I imagine his family and friends are still in a state of shock and disbelief. This is sad news.

Lion

How sad! I love Boston as well. They have such a unique sound, and his voice is/was amazing.

Some of my faves...

Cantcha say you believe in me
Hitch a ride
cool the engines

Dark Knight said:
Brad Delp, the lead singer for the band Boston, was found dead Friday in his home in southern New Hampshire. He was 55.

Atkinson police responded to a call for help at 1:20 p.m. and found Delp dead. Lt. William Baldwin said in a news release that there was no indication of foul play.

"There was nothing disrupted in the house. He was a fairly healthy person from what we're able to ascertain," Police Chief Philip Consentino told WMUR-TV.

Delp apparently was alone at the time, Baldwin said.

The cause of death remained under investigation. Police said an incident report would not be available until Monday.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070310/ap_on_en_mu/obit_delp&printer=1

I played "More Than a Feeling" on my show last night in memory of him. :(

That was one of my song's with my ex- kind of appropriate in that respect, eh? (My name is Marianne(!) Sad day for Boston fans- thanks for sharing DK!

Sad news. I used to play Boston all the time! Was when of my favorites when they first came out. Thanks for the great music Brad; and DK thanks for posting this information.

I played Boston for my kids last night. They had heard "More Than a Feeling" before and love it like I think everyone does.

Thanks to DK for posting this.

RIP Brad!

Oh how sad! I loved Boston, saw them in concert in the last decade or so.

I just love all their music.
Even my teenagers love it.
Very sad.

I have the original LP of Boston and a cassette tape of Third Stage. Thought I'd provide a song list for nostalgia:

Boston

More Than A Feeling
Peace of Mind
Foreplay/Long Time

Rock & Roll Band
Smokin'
Hitch A Ride
Something About You
Let Me Take You Home Tonight

Third Stage

Amanda
We're Ready
The Launch
Cool The Engines
My Destination
A New World
To Be A Man
I Think I Like It
Can'tcha Say
Still In Love
HollyAnn

I saw Boston live when I was a sr in high school @ Princeton University. Still to this day are one of my all time favorite bands. Any time I'm driving and one of their songs come on, the windows come down and the volume goes up!! So sad to hear of this news though.......

LinasK said:
I have the original LP of Boston and a cassette tape of Third Stage. Thought I'd provide a song list for nostalgia:

Oh my, a cassette tape and LP's, I thought I was the only one! Your song list really brought back good memories.

Thanks!

aww how sad! Boston rocks!

Rest in peace Brad!

I LOVE Boston. I was listening to them the other day. I love "hitch a ride". RIP!

The AP is reporting that Delp committed suicide via carbon monoxide poisoning by locking himself in a room with 2 charcoal heaters. He lefts notes for his family, friends and fiancee' whom he was to marry this summer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbtgurlz
Back