500-Acre Fire Forces Evacuation Of O.C. Homes

chicoliving

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Huge fire in the Anaheim Hills area, west of the 241 toll road. My son & dil just closed escrow on their first home very close to the fire. This is not good, and the fire is growing. Fortunately for my son, they have not yet moved in. But still a very big worry, as their house is surrounded by brush.

Prayers needed for all the residents and fire fighters.

Oops, sorry. I started a thread too. Feel free to merge. I'm watching closely cuz my son & dil just closed escrow on their first house in the path of this fire. Thank God they haven't moved in yet.

Pepper said:
Huge fire in the Anaheim Hills area, west of the 241 toll road. My son & dil just closed escrow on their first home very close to the fire. This is not good, and the fire is growing. Fortunately for my son, they have not yet moved in. But still a very big worry, as their house is surrounded by brush.

It's been burning since this morning and my son could not get to work.
I hope your son's place is okay. Are the fire break roads in good shape around their home do you know?

I travel this path regularly and was through there yesterday. My son was unable to ge to work in Yucaipa. It has been raging since this morning.

It is very dry out there right now so i hope all is well.

I've been watching it too and thinking about our WS'ers as well. Bean, are you close? I don't know all the names of our posters who are living in the area, but know we have many that do. And it isn't just where this fire is now - the whole area could break out in little fires which could become a monster. So many people are out camping, ATVing, etc, so there is lots of potential for a fire to break out at any moment in the next few days.

Winds are 30 - 35 mph at night which they say is bad. They can't see the smoke at night, only the flames. Another fire could pop up anywhere at anytime. There is a red flag all across the area as it is tinder dry with the devestating winds coming in again tonight. If another fire breaks out it will split their resources which will be bad. Tomorrow the temp will be 2 degrees hotter - no rain predicted for at least 10 days. And until Tues afternoon none of these conditions will change.

The fire is huge. In one hour watching the coverage on FOX this morning around noon, the fire doubled in size. I couldn't believe it!

I want to see where this fire is, so am going to go try to find a map

Scandi

Hi Bean, I've been thinking about you all morning since I heard about this!

Can we join threads? I just wrote a post on the other thread about this and it doesn't have very many posts.

xoxoxo Scandi

I don't know JBean. I haven't seen it. Just looked up their address on mapquest, and hopefully they have enough of a buffer of homes around them to keep their place safe.

scandi said:
I've been watching it too and thinking about our WS'ers as well. Bean, are you close? I don't know all the names of our posters who are living in the area, but know we have many that do. And it isn't just where this fire is now - the whole area could break out in little fires which could become a monster. So many people are out camping, ATVing, etc, so there is lots of potential for a fire to break out at any moment in the next few days.

Winds are 30 - 35 mph at night which they say is bad. They can't see the smoke at night, only the flames. Another fire could pop up anywhere at anytime. There is a red flag all across the area as it is tinder dry with the devestating winds coming in again tonight. If another fire breaks out it will split their resources which will be bad. Tomorrow the temp will be 2 degrees hotter - no rain predicted for at least 10 days. And until Tues afternoon none of these conditions will change.

The fire is huge. In one hour watching the coverage on FOX this morning around noon, the fire doubled in size. I couldn't believe it!

I want to see where this fire is, so am going to go try to find a map

Scandi
Our sales agent lives in Orange Park Acres and she is being evacuated. She is on the tract today in Yucaipa and she said she won't leave the tract until she sells another house LOL. I just called her and told he to get the heck out of there and get her stuff. She has sent her sons over to collect her valuables.

It is about 20 minutes north of me.

Pepper said:

This must be close to a record early start for the fire season. We could have used a lot more rain this year.

My prayers for all involved.

Buzzm1 said:
This must be close to a record early start for the fire season. We could have used a lot more rain this year.

My prayers for all involved.
we had a brush fire on the 5 yesterday that clogged up the freeway for hours. we need rain.

It is over 80 degrees here today and that is ripe conditions for fire. I can smell it now and see the air thickening up.

I'll take pictures when I leave the office if there is anything to see.

Gee, I don't see any MODS on duty this afternoon. Bee bee, Texas,
Tybee - none of them are around to join threads. Oh well, I tried.

Hi Buzz, At least I know you are safe up north. What about your son? Doesn't he live down LA way? Buzz, can you find a map showing the area of the fire and the area that could also break out in fires? This fire is now 500 acres big. Another guy on FOX says it is 600 acres!

xoxoxo Scandi

They say the fire is in east county. In the last hour it has grown bgy 100 acres. Everyone is being told to evacuate, and not wait for a call to do so!
This is very bad.

i am posting on the other thread only to avoid confusion

this doesn't really count as a post :D

JBean said:
we had a brush fire on the 5 yesterday that clogged up the freeway for hours. we need rain.
This could be a very bad year. What times of the year is it windy down that way--Santa Ana winds and???

Yep, everyone do a rain dance. It's been terribly dry this year, and not likely to get much more before the summer dry period of 6+ months. This may be a horrible fire season for southern California.

Cool Bean. Let's just all go to the other thread!

okay I am leaving the office. I will look for a good picture location and report back in a bit.

Son's new (to them) home is on S. Park Rim Circle. I keep thinking about the fire in the Berkeley Hills a few years ago that took about 100 or more homes.

A shelter has opened in Anaheim. It could become a monster as the conditions are so prime.

It is abnormal they say because even though fires are normal, all the new homes that are now in these areas are not normal. And no one wants to lose their new home and all their valuables. Then when they do leave the roads clog up fast.

Your Realtor might have a slow trip down to safety! Praying for a safety situation for everyone there. Only one structure has burned so far. Hey, that is a bit of good news! Scandi

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back